Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

@@karinbuck thank you I go see my dr tues hopefully by then things will be a lil better n I luv things cold of course n it hurts like a bitch.

Hi all, I had my surgery March 11 and am doing so well I wish I had done this sooner! I'm down 46 lbs (21 lbs of it was lost pre -surg on the two week liquid diet). I'm feeling better than I have in many years, incisions are healing nicely, on pureed foods since Tuesday and starting exercise back up tomorrow. Only snag is I seem to be on my 3 week stall but with hydration and exercise I plan to overcome that ????

Hi all, I had my surgery March 11 and am doing so well I wish I had done this sooner! I'm down 46 lbs (21 lbs of it was lost pre -surg on the two week liquid diet). I'm feeling better than I have in many years, incisions are healing nicely, on pureed foods since Tuesday and starting exercise back up tomorrow. Only snag is I seem to be on my 3 week stall but with hydration and exercise I plan to overcome that dde09

I was March 10, has is your belly? Mine is still swollen :(

My belly is great. Incisions are mostly healed, no swelling or itching. I've been using Cocoa Butter lotion on them as well.

I was sliced and diced on the 25th.. So I'm pure liquid stage. The entire procedure was easy breezy.. The worst part of the entire process by leaps and bounds was the darn liquid I had to swallow for the x-ray. liquids are boring, but come on all, we were not forced into this. It's a choice we made. How can you 'regret' it because of a few lousy days. It's all about the REST OF OUR LIVES.

This is well said. Though I must admit I feel extremely blessed after reading these posts. I am 11 days post op and 44 yrs old. I was released the day after my surgery which included repairing a hiatal hernia. Minimal pain and gas. No nausea. I left post op day 4 for spring break with my husband and 4 kids. It did suck not being able to partake in all of the Water activities but not once have I regretted my choice. I'm feeling great and super hopeful for my future. I just can't wait to get home so I can get on a scale and see what's going on. I already see the difference in my clothes.

For those of you struggling I really hope you all feel better really soon. This is the best thing we could have done for ourselves. Hang in there, you are worth it.

Hi all,

I was sleeved 3.25. I was so nauseous the first two days and had horrible gas pains. Now my stomach is constantly rumbling. I have so much gas!!! I am sure the Mira Lax has a lot to do with it but wow! I am actually starting to feel hungry. I would love mashed potatoes. I have honestly had the worst pain in my biggest incision. Feels like I am being stabbed and the muscle is just pulling. Anyone else have that? Glad to be here!

This is well said. Though I must admit I feel extremely blessed after reading these posts. I am 11 days post op and 44 yrs old. I was released the day after my surgery which included repairing a hiatal hernia. Minimal pain and gas. No nausea. I left post op day 4 for spring break with my husband and 4 kids. It did suck not being able to partake in all of the Water activities but not once have I regretted my choice. I'm feeling great and super hopeful for my future. I just can't wait to get home so I can get on a scale and see what's going on. I already see the difference in my clothes.

For those of you struggling I really hope you all feel better really soon. This is the best thing we could have done for ourselves. Hang in there, you are worth it.

I'm 45 years old. I am pre op still. Probably in July I will have my surgery. I too need hiatal hernia repair. On April 11th I will be having my gallbladder removed. I am a little taller than 5ft and at 211lbs fluctuates 6lbs or so down then back up. I hope I have similar recovery to yours. Congrats on your surgery!

Hi everyone just had my sleeve done this fri march 28 got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. After surgery was terrible anastasia did me in throw up a lot of blood almost passed out twice fri night. Sat felt better but this gas cramps sucks n is ridiculously uncomfortable. Trying to sleep in my bed last night was hard. I don't want 2 eat went in the hospital at 307 left yesterday at 316 nurse said cuz they filled me with gas depressing 2 go backwards. Lost 3lbs today from yesterday so gas must be coming out. Every time I go 2 the bathroom straight liquid in the back yuck sry. Liquids r fine but hurts to go down feels like a buuble or pain on chest. Questions 1. Can u Sleep On your side after gastric SLEEVE 2. Y does it hurt when sipping liquids 3. Is my stomach supposed 2 make werid noises.? 4. How long till all this gas leaves u? 5 .burping hurts y? Any advice any comments r welcome this is all way 2 new n a crazy journey but happy 2 have this app site 4 help thank u everyone n good luck 2 everyone on ur journey's! !

1. I sleep on my side a lot and I am 3.5 weeks out. I couldn't until maybe week 2. I was in a recliner the first week. I slowly transitioned to my bed and I did wake up a lot with some pain.

2. It hurts to sip because your stomach just had some very intrusive surgery on it. There is a very long staple line that could still be sensitive. Try avoiding hot and cold liquids and stick to room temp.

3. Yes. Well, it's very normal at least.

4. I hear it can take a few hours to a few weeks. Walking helps a ton.

5. Burping could be hurting because of the soreness in your stomach. Just wait until you start sneezing or coughing. Those are doozies!

Good luck and remember it's tough in the beginning and it's NORMAL! Things will get better just take it one day at a time.

1. I sleep on my side a lot and I am 3.5 weeks out. I couldn't until maybe week 2. I was in a recliner the first week. I slowly transitioned to my bed and I did wake up a lot with some pain.

2. It hurts to sip because your stomach just had some very intrusive surgery on it. There is a very long staple line that could still be sensitive. Try avoiding hot and cold liquids and stick to room temp.

3. Yes. Well, it's very normal at least.

4. I hear it can take a few hours to a few weeks. Walking helps a ton.

5. Burping could be hurting because of the soreness in your stomach. Just wait until you start sneezing or coughing. Those are doozies!

Good luck and remember it's tough in the beginning and it's NORMAL! Things will get better just take it one day at a time.

Thank u @ I miss sleeping on my side I was in bed last night sleeping somewhat in my side the hospital bed was nice dont have a recliner just couch wish I did now. I love cold Water im taking it super slow I want to be on mushy food can u have grits they come like oatmeal on pureed n mushy wks? It is tough frustrating. Thank u I wish u luck n success on ur journey as well!!!

Edited by jerseygrl09

My surgery was March 24th, so I am 6 days post op

Thank u @ I miss sleeping on my side I was in bed last night sleeping somewhat in my side the hospital bed was nice dont have a recliner just couch wish I did now. I love cold Water im taking it super slow I want to be on mushy food can u have grits they come like oatmeal on pureed n mushy wks? It is tough frustrating. Thank u I wish u luck n success on ur journey as well!!!

I miss grits but my surgeon says no grits till 4 months because they lodge in staples, be careful!

This is my first post also. I'm 9 days post op. I had surgery in Mexico. I was pretty nervous but everything went well. The day I got out of the hospital I went for a 3 hour walk. I went back to work on day 6...really never dawned on me that it should be different.

Here is the deal. I am too scared to get on the scale. I have tried too hard and too long to lose weight. I finally take this action and what of it doesn't work? I'm taking in around 300-600 calories but having a hard time getting enough Protein.< /p>

Make sure to tell your surgeon about the diarrhea. I had a what I got mine tested and it turns out that I have an infection in my intestines probably from the hospital.

quote name="jerseygrl09" post="3418606" timestamp="1396201692"]

Hi everyone just had my sleeve done this fri march 28 got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. After surgery was terrible anastasia did me in throw up a lot of blood almost passed out twice fri night. Sat felt better but this gas cramps sucks n is ridiculously uncomfortable. Trying to sleep in my bed last night was hard. I don't want 2 eat went in the hospital at 307 left yesterday at 316 nurse said cuz they filled me with gas depressing 2 go backwards. Lost 3lbs today from yesterday so gas must be coming out. Every time I go 2 the bathroom straight liquid in the back yuck sry. Liquids r fine but hurts to go down feels like a buuble or pain on chest.

Questions

1. Can u Sleep On your side after gastric SLEEVE

2. Y does it hurt when sipping liquids

3. Is my stomach supposed 2 make werid noises.?

4. How long till all this gas leaves u?

5 .burping hurts y?

Any advice any comments r welcome this is all way 2 new n a crazy journey but happy 2 have this app site 4 help thank u everyone n good luck 2 everyone on ur journey's! !

Anybody got issues with coughing fits?

5 days post op and today coughing fits occurred. Like the coughs u get with a bad cold. It was horrible. And I've developed a sore throat. Getting meds for that tomorrow.

But I can honestly say it has gotten way better with each day.

I have pain meds I'm supposed to take every four hours as needed. And about day 3- I started only taking half a pill twice daily. And that's managed my pain. I go back to school Tuesday so I don't want to be totally doped up. Just enough to help subside my pain.

I'm down 24lbs since the 17th. And I couldn't be happier.

Those struggling. It really does get better. I had those feelings early on, the why did I do this, I hate this, I'm miserable.

But Friday I woke up, I ate Jello and drank broth. And from there it just got better.

I have a check up Friday where hopefully I'll move from Clear Liquids to full liquids or soft foods.