Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Cindy, I'm back! Thanks for remembering me! I have been off for three weeks. Had my surgery. all is well. My surg went great. The only problem is that the three weeks I was off, I pigged out. I was bored and couldn't do any work or lifting or bike riding. I started grazing..then it was a all out pig out for the last two weeks. I am so mad at myself. I can see that I will always have to stay busy. I won't get on the scale for the month of April. I think it would bring me down. I suspect I gained about 5-8 pds while off. It is good to be back at work and back on my routine. I had a vege berger minus the bread for lunch with some swiss cheese, baked chips and a v-8. I am going to pull some overtime tonight so I won't be able to graze. I am back on track. Thank you Lord. I don't like the feeling of being full!

Weazer

metal - Thanks for giving the report on where I had disappeared to. I havn't got to read the posts. I can't wait. Want to find out where everyone is on their wght loss almost one year later. I am still at the 50lb point (unless I gained some back)(but I will get it off this week). everyone send a post with just your wght loss...we can keep copying and pasting to it.

Weazer (Mini) - 50lbs

Nothing much to report here. Going for a second* fill next week, hope that helps. I have essentially no restriction, and have been eating all sorts of bad stuff. I've gained all the way into the low 180s :ohmy:

I hope to be back on track soon and kick it down to goal.

*sorta...

Melissa - Like you I am seeing the same 2 lbs come and go. It is getting old real fast. But this too shall pass........ or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

WEAZER - good to see you again. Hope all is going well with you.

I have an appointment for a fill this friday. I am not sure if I need one or not. I think I need more of an attitude adjustment than a band adjustment. I am trying to stick to the bandster rules this week and see. NO ice creame, No NO NO.....

Laura

Melissa - Like you I am seeing the same 2 lbs come and go. It is getting old real fast. But this too shall pass........ or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

WEAZER - good to see you again. Hope all is going well with you.

I have an appointment for a fill this friday. I am not sure if I need one or not. I think I need more of an attitude adjustment than a band adjustment. I am trying to stick to the bandster rules this week and see. NO ice creame, No NO NO.....

Laura

My scale has stopped too, but it is NO surprise as guess who's been eating ice cream...? Yeah i'm a bad girl...but i'm starting new tomorrow morning and hitting the gym and eating right!

Mini... glad to hear that you are doing well...

I'm off to get a fill... I'm going to have the Dr pull out everything from my band to see how much is still left in there... only because I really have no restriction... I'm curious...

My scale has stopped too, but it is NO surprise as guess who's been eating ice cream...? Yeah i'm a bad girl...but i'm starting new tomorrow morning and hitting the gym and eating right!

I am with you there. But, today is another day, and if you woke up breathing you have another chance.

I packed my lunch today, and my workout clothes are in the car for after work. I am having a Fiber One Bar for Breakfast and my Water is in the fridge. I have already planned my dinner for tonight. I am not going to let my inner fat child rule my day today. If I do not plan out everything, my inner fat child will say "I want ice cream!!!" and I will give in because I am hungry and have not planned out anything. So here is to staying one step ahead of the fat monster that lives within me!

Laura

I am in the same boat fighting the urge here at 10 am not to want to stop by DQ for the new blizzard on the way home! I never knew Ice Cream was such a downfall for me. I have been having trouble with eating lately and am determined not to back off to Soups, etc.

I haven't posted in a LONG time and I am trying to get back on board for support as my 1 year approaches. I had high hopes of losing 120 lb total , but 50 is still a great relief. Congrats on the gym efforts. I am trying hard to get on the elliptical that has been taking up a good portion of my bedroom for the last year! At least there are not any clothes on it!:)

Back to the gym today for the first time since the slip. I can tell I've lost some conditioning. Going to be sore tomorrow for certain.

Hello Pinenut!

Yup, I seem to be stopped at 50lbs. Maybe what they say about only loosing about half of what you need to loose having the lap band is true. We are going to have to fight to take the second half off. We can do it if we exercise and eat right. I havn't had icecream in two whole days! Glad you came back for motivation.

Melissa! I know the fill will help take you to a new level!

Laura, you are doing great. All the right things. Thats the great thing about the band. It always helps to get us back on track easier than anything else that I have ever experienced..well except a date with a really hot guy. Now that motivates me everytime!

This coming year we are all going to have to bust our buts exercising and eating right to do this. Let's all stay on the board!

Weazer

so.. The drs scale says -2.2 in 3 months! Gggrrrrr!

Melissa,

I can so relate. I went last Monday and had lost only 3 pounds over 2 months. My last fill had been in Sept (2cc total), so I got a .25 cc fill for a total of 2.25 on Monday. We'll see. Like a few others here, I had discovered ice cream and also potato chips and onion dip. It's funny, I didn't really eat either of those things before being banded, but since probably December until the end of February I really enjoyed them. Bad bad bad. I gave up salting food when I got banded. I used to salt my food before I even had a bite. I wonder if that is why I craved (and ate) the chips and dip? At any rate, I've picked myself up and moved on to better food choices, and even started the couch to 5k running program again.

I haven't finished catching up on reading all of the posts yet, but I love hearing everyone's progress!

Mini, glad you're doing well after your surgery. Sorry, I didn't know you had it until now.

Cindy

Got my fill... .25 .... liquids for 2 days. It seems I've forgotten how to be creative with the liquid diet!! Yesterday it was Tomato Soup for lunch and extremely runny mashed potatoes for dinner.

Last night my husband did comment on how nice I looked in my new dress pants.. I'm starting to get a real shape to my body .... rather than just being round all over!

Cindi,

Hello, thanks for the welcome back.

Well I called the PA at the filling station and admitted to her that I can eat bread and stuff that I couldn't eat a few weeks ago and she told me I needed a fill. I told her but I'm having so much fun! Well, she talked me into making a appt on the 18th. She is right. I have been over eating. Wonder what my fill will be. I'll let you all know,

Blessings, Lisa

After reading some of the posts about people having 1/2 a subway sandwich, I was shopping at Wal Mart and stopped by the Subway for the $5 special telling myself that my husband could eat the other half..........it smelled SO good and the veggies and cheese sandwich is one of the 2 things I truly miss (I would kill for a crescent some days). I toted that sandwich home and put the gorceries away- all the time anticipating that sandwich-

I got myself situated and prepared to take a bite. ONE bite. I couldn't even swallow for I knew it was not going down. DISAPPOINTMENT.

I had to settle for getting the Bagel chips and having basically what amounted to ANOTHER salad only this time in between the bagel chips.

Not as good as that Italian Parmesean, but I guess it was better than nothing.