Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

As the famous Scooby Doo would say....."Rut Roe"....I have had a baaaad day! This is Hospital week and Administration keeps bringing by goodies...I fell off the darn wagon today. Not just a little either! Will someone lend me a hand and pull me back up. I hope I can get back on track tomorrow!!! Why do people have to be so nice and bring food all the time...gift cards would be much better!!

Blessings, Weazer

Got in for a fill today, up to 8 cc in the 10 cc band. This is tighter than when I had the problems, so I'll keep a close eye on it.

I've already scheduled another one 4 weeks out. Time to get aggressive, I want to be back down to 170 soon.

Laura...

That's SO frustrating! The worst is not that people know, but the trusts factor. That was your personal news to tell or not to tell. I'm sorry you were hurt like that. It's hard to know if confronting will improvment the situation or make it worse. Sso people just don't (and won't ever) get it!

Manatee...

Sounds concerning...be careful!!! Health come first...that is what it's all about!

Sue

Melissa - Congrads and Happy Bandaversary!!!!! Great Job! What a year you had!

Blessings, Weazer

Otay, went in for an emergency unfill assisted via the xray machine. I was so swollen that we had to drop back to 5.5 cc from 8, well below the 6.5 I already had. I think all my fills from this point will be barium assisted, because I could not feel anything different between fully stopped and flowing free.

I'll be back in a week or two for a refill

Ran into my Lap Band Coordinator today

Whilst sitting in a waiting room for many hours, I had a surprise visit from the coordinator of the Lap Band program at Presbyterian.

I had dealt with her about a year ago, while setting this thing up. She runs the local support group meetings, but as of yet I have not attended any of them.

So she sticks her head in the room, and asks "do you know me?" Strange question, but I do in fact recognize her since she's "in context" in the hospital. She then says that she doesn't know who I am, but that she had been told by the nurses that one of her lap band patients was in the room. At first, she didn't even believe that I was a lap band guy, but I pulled out the driver's license and she recognized me from that photo.

So we had a long discussion about the journey, and what this has been like. She was taking copious notes, apparently she's trying to get follow up info for patients to meet some regulatory guideline. I told her I was blogging about this ("what's a blog? Do I use Netscape for that?") and that she could read that if she wanted.

Normal platitudes, "ya look great", etc. She's trying to get me to come to the support meetings as a speaker. I'm thinking that one over, not sure that I want to get in front of anyone to talk about this stuff. Talking physical changes is easy, but if they ask about the emotional/mental ones I'm not sure what to say.

Besides, my complications would scare the bejeepers out of the newbies....

Manatee,

Hmmm, that's one of those things that you really have to think about. In my personal case I would have to pray about it. Sometimes God likes getting me out of my comfort zone. I would pray really hard and if I felt that this was something He wanted me to do, I would just trust Him and do it. Ya never know what changes this could bring about in your life and the lives of those that you are speaking to.

Blessings, Weazer

P.S. Even with all your troubles with the band, you are an inspiration. You have a great attitude and you don't give up. Plus I think it's fair for people with the band to know all the problems that can come up.

Melissa & Legster- CONGRATULATION on your one year! you have done wonderful. it has been a year of change has'ent it? This year is going to be even better.

Manatee - Hey, I think you would make a great speaker. When I started this journey our group had a speaker that went through some of the same problems that you have, and what struck me the most was that she said that even with the problems she would do it all again. It was worth it and then some. I think it helped me to make a more informed choice. Just food for thought......

Laura

hi May bandsters, I am coming up on my one year also, May 31st. On Wednesday, May 14, I went to my and dr.'s seminar. I went to thank him for my birthday present, my band and weight loss. he was surprised and I got a chance to speak to everyone there, what an honor, especially when I can remember sitting there and saying to myself that I want to be on the other side! imagine! oh, well, I still have some to go but could not have been here without it. delo

Delo - all I can say is you go Girl!!!

thanks LauraP, You are doing so well, I hope you had a good band anniversary! delo

Thanks, Laura, and yes this year will be even better! Every day is a celebration for me now. :-)