Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hip Hip Horray Mini!!! You must feel great!!!

Laura.....we are women and women always notice other women....there weight, there shoes, hair do, clothes, purses, make up, jewlery!!!! I heard some where that women sometime want to look good for each other....because we can sometimes be BIG critics. I am going to be perfectly honest.....I have 2 sister n laws!! They are very critical....my weight has been mentioned A LOT and the sad part is that yes I am tall and was big....but I could admit to it. They are short but big too.....but they dont see it. At one point I as wearing a size 18 and so was one of the SNL except she is 5 ft. and I am 5'7. She always comments on how BIG I am and how little and pettite she is.....(BARF). They have no idea that I had the band....they would be the one to blurt out in a family function "Sandra looks good because she had that surgery for MORBID OBESE FAT people". My husband and I discussed it and new that keeping his family in the dark was the best. The sad part is that I would like to tell them!!! Well they had not seen me in a few months and I made it point to look extra good. Had my hair done, nails done, new skinny jeans......I felt hot. Well my MIL and FIL complimented me....they just stood there and stared. Not one word to me from either one of them. Later on that night there husbands came over (wich I adore and cant figure out why they are married to them LOL) They wispered to me you look soooo great....you have lost so much weight!!! They kept looking over there shoulder as if ther wives would hear them and they would get introuble. Well I knew I had hit them were it hurt them!!! For years I have endured there ugly, snotty remarks about me shopping at Lane Bryant!!! Now every time I am forced to share a moment w/ them (xmas, new year) I make sure I look great just to annoy them a little more and like that they wont talk to me!!!!!!

Sandra

Mini.....your not obese!!!!! That is soo great! Congrats!

Laura....you just make sure you are as cute as you can be that day. We will all be behind you (kinda like the Verizon commercials)! Way to go on the size 10!

Sandra.....can I have some of that extra energy?????

Melissa....I am on the laundry overload too. I will get on the treadmill until the dryer beeps!

Thanks for being my motivation.....you guys are the best!

Sandra - I think we have the same SILs. I have to very thin SILs, they have alway been snooty. At christmas this year, all they had to say was "Your new hair do is very nice" not one comment about my weight change. How do you not notice someone has lost over 50 lbs? Oh well..........

Thanks Metal.... I just love the support we give each other here.

Well back to sipping on the water........

Laura

Hi guys.

Back from a week in the Keys. I made a point of not caring AT ALL what I ate or drank, but did decide to keep the fill in place during the vacation. I came back worrying about the scale -- and it was still under 189 this morning

:) Woot!

Now back to exercise and eating right and hopefully goal in 08.

Another good day for me!!! Go my excersize in yesterday, drank all my H20, had my Protein and healthy food, and fed my family a healthy dinner too. I acutally had enough energry to finally take my Xmas tree down and all the outside deocor and put it all in the attic. When I excersize I have TONS of energy!!! I also talk 90 to nothing....and I think I can type like I talk!! LOL!!!

Mini.....how did you do yesterday??? Sit ups??? Weights??? Water? ?? Meals???

Melissa.....all I can say is I hate laundry!!!!!

Laura....SILs are just Jealous...jsut laugh it off!!!!

Metalband.....I am either one extreme to the other. No middle for me....either I am full of energy and doing 100 things at once or I am sitting on my A$$ with remote in hand.

Sandra

255h/242s/179c/165g???

Manatee,

All I can say is WOW!!! You look great!!! Congrats on not gainning on your vacation....that is the true victory when we dont gain on vacations, and holidays!!!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/178c/165g??

Manatee!

Wow! You look hot! If I was 10 yrs younger....!!! You cracked me up with your woot! I forget what that means but I remember it made me laugh the first time I heard it.

Sandra, didn't follow through on anything yesterday...just ate good.

Blessings, Weazer

Mini,

I am sooo sad....you did so good Wednesday. Well try again today because I know you can do it. All we can do is keep trying and hope some day it sticks!!!

Hi guys... I lurk a lot but dont say too much. I am doing good. Losing motivation to work out like I was. I am happy to say I actually lost weight over the holidays :) My weight loss is slow and steady so no complaints here at all. 70 lbs in 7 months is HUGE for me. I am just amazed at how different I feel. With it being cold out sometimes I even run to my car so I dont freeze... before I would have been afraid of falling and hurting myself if I did that. You are all doing fabulous and Manatee you look great!

Thanks Sandra!

Ragdoll, glad to have you back! Your right, you are doing fantastic. Like you I lost wght over the holidays...that must be the first time in years to do that!

It is good to hear from you again!

Weazy

Ok...I have issues!!! I am at work (but hardley working)online...just munching awawy on a bag of cheetos(my favorite). My daughter is at work with me and brought them to me because she was full...without thinking grabbed the bag and went to town....they were getting kind of stuck but Im still eating them. SANDRA STOP......STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEETO BAG!!!

My weekness is doritos. LOVE them... I allow myself one serving per week... if I'm good..and don't cheat! HAHA..

But yes.. put down the bag!!! GRAB THE WATER!!!

Weazer...

Congrats on the 29.9...That's my next goal too, I'm at 30.5 now. I should make it next month. Dropping the "Obese" will be as sweet as dropping "morbid"...dare we hope to drop the "overweight" label? WOW...what a thought!

We leave Thursday for 9 days...Mexican Cruise with 14 friends. I've already decided to enjoy myself, I'll do my best to make good choices, but I'm going to have some fun too. I'm 3# under my goal weight for the cruise...so I'm not goin to get upset if I gain a couple...right!?!

Hello all fellow may 2007 bandsters. I look forward to getting to know you here. I am a message board newby...any advice?

Thanks

btw....5/27/07 48 lbs down....52 more to go... woo hoo