Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey Weezer, Men have no secrets :-)

I started out at 325. I have lost 30 so far. My ideal weight would be 180 but I would be very satisfied just to be out of the obese range at 215. Having a tough time getting the scale to move lately so just signed up on fitday.com. Looks like a great site to track your calories and activities. I have been active but I guess I am getting in more calories then I think.

Melissa - I understand about the size 16's. Some fit me too big..some I have to squeeze into. I guess we just need to try them on.

Cindi-Hello! O.k. we will work on those measurments together! One day we will each be a "brickhouse" again! Course being 49 and a brickhouse may be different than being 20 something and being a brickhouse..but I'll take it! That is so cool, you can slip into 12's! Please tell me your 6ft tall! Wow, your doing great!

Hello Ragdoll- It does go slow at times. It looks like you have only had one fill. Is that correct? This next one should really help. It took me three to be my good one. I don't want another fill for awhile. Hang in there!

Tom- you made me laugh! No secrets....see your being secretive! Your doing great. Thirty pds is wonderful. I don't know how tall you are but 215 sounds like a good gaol for a man. 180 and you will be a lean mean fighting machine! Are you exercising? Lifting weights? I have been negligent in that area and need to get back on track.

Blessings all,

Weazer

I haven't been here in awhile...I have had work issues that are wearing me out. I wanted to share something real quick; is it just me or has anyone else discovered the pure joy of eating to live vs. living to eat. It hit me last week and was re-enforced this past weekend when I went out of town for my BD. Last year I would have had EVERY meal planned..where, when, with whom...this year if hadn't been reminded, I was having so much fun I might have forgotten to eat!

Twinn Mommy,

I will probably mail out your pants in the next couple of days. My life has been sooooo hectic....my 10 yr just broke his back in football. So we have been at the hospital. So dont give up...you will have some HOUSTON, TEXAS pants soon.

To all....I have missed you all!!! You guys are such a inspiration. Just reading everyday makes me a better banded person. My scale has been cruel to me so far...I have hit a plataue for about two weeks....trying real hard to get it moving. I did go to Old Navy yesterday and was going to pick up a size 16 pant and my son said those are two big for you now MOM!!! So I got the 14'S thinking that they would be returned or put away for a later use. Well got home and found out they were the low rise!!! Which I never ever do low rise. Well they fit just fine......as long as I dont sit or bend down....because they are soooo low you could see stuff that you shouldnt when you are clothed!! LOL!! So they are being returned but not because they dont fit, but because I like pants that cover my crack when I sit down!!! LOL!!

Sandra

255h/242s/190c/165g

OMG Sandra.. I'm so sorry!! How is your son now?

I'm starting to think I should go back to the Dr for a small fill.. TINY FILL! I don't want to be too tight.. but here is my dilemma:

At my first gown fitting, my dress fit perfect..and I'm afraid if i drop too much more before the wedding, it'll be lose and I really don't have the $$$ to have it altered again.. plus I would have to pay a rush fee. At this time I feel restriction.. but as we speak I'm able to eat an entire Lean Cuisine pannini with no problem at all.. I was on a plateau for weeks.. the scale moved a bit.. but has jumped back up a pound. I'm afraid if I get the fill I will lose too much to fit into the dress... not to mention I don't want to have issues with eating while at the wedding or the honeymoon!

My son is making it....a lot pain, but only when he lies down or actually sits for long periods of time. They gave him Valium to be able sleep and relax. Well He has a fracture on the LS??? Then..they saw something on the other side so he had to have a Cat Scan yesterday. If that side is fractured too then he will need to wear a back brace for a couple of months. My poor baby got hit in the lower back w/ a helmet...so he has been walking around w/ a broken back. I feel horrible....my husband and I kept telling him to get tuff..and get over it. We thought it was a muscular thing. Live and Learn!!

How far away is your wedding day???

Sandra.. I think we are all guilty of that "tough it out" plan. Poor thing.. I hope he gets better soon!!

The wedding is 11/10.

How is your dress ordeal coming along??

Melissa,

Girl...that is only a about a month away. How is the dress fitting now????? Just right...a little snug???

Well I went back to the bridal place and the dress was discontiued so all they had was a size 20. The dress I had was a 16...but my co-worker(S) who wear a 10 fit into it just fine. So now you know my frustration!! So I dont know if the dress was just tagged wrong....or the sizes vary that much, but remember I tried a size 22 a week before I was banded and it fit too big...and hell I have lost over 50 lbs since that....so I think the dress was just tagged wrong and know I will need a whole lot of alterations. Well regardless all they had left in that style dress was a size 4 , 6 or 20.....so the stupid size 20 dress will be here next week. We will just have to see if it work!! Cross your fingers.

The dress fit perfect .. minus being 4 inches too long. So I really dont want to risk it being too big if I lose too much more.

Oh, what a mess.. hopefully they'll be able to do something with that gown!!

Sandra- OH MY GOD.... I hope your son is going to be okay.

Melissa - Not long until the big day. I bet you are excited and very busy.

BIG NEW FOR ME....... I found out Monday that I am going to be a Grandma. My oldest son and his wife are expecting late May/first of June. This will be my first grand baby. I am so excited. This baby is going to have a thin/fit/hip granny. LOL

Hope everyone else is doing well...........

Sandra, Glad your son's going to be ok. What a scary thing. Let us know how his CT scan goes, ok? I'll be praying for him. What a bummer about the mis-marked dress. What idiot tagged that! Will they at least alter it for free since it was THEIR error? If they had not mismarked it, and sent the wrong size, it would probably have been just the right size.

Melissa, wow, I can't believe that your wedding is just around the corner. Remember back in May it seemed such a distance!! That's a catch 22 about the weight loss, though, isn't it. I'm sure it will work out. Even if you lost 10 or 15 pounds, I'm sure the dress will still look beautiful on you. It's YOUR day and it WILL be PERFECT!!

Cindy

Laura, congratulations on being a new granny! I can't wait. Well, yes I can, my girls are only 19 and 22 and still in college. But when the time is right I can't wait! What will you be called? Nana, grammy, granny, or have you even thought about it? My girls asked me that one time, and I have no idea.

Just think, a new baby around to spoil. You are very lucky!!

Congratulations again.

Cindy

Hey Weazer, Im 5" 11". I think I missed my shot at being a model so a healthy weight would satisty me. I have been walking a lot. Knee gets operated on 10/19 (laproscopic. SB/NBD)so am trying to keep the rest of the muscles in good shap so I have a quick recovery. I enjoy the weight room once I get there but just cant seem to make the commitment.

Sandra- I am sorry to hear that about your son. Any parent would feel bad but its only natural with your kids to first tell them to suck it up after all the whining you hear over the years. I hope he feels better soon and dont beat yourself up over it.

Melissa- You will look beautiful no matter how the dress fits, the worst that could happen is you would have to pin it in the back near a seam. You will make due and be beautiful!

I got my 4th fill yesterday, I couldnt believe she actually gave me .5 cc after only giving me .2 last time. It brings me up to 2.7 in a 4 cc band. If nothing else it has done wonders for my motivation! I have been a little sad that my scale hasnt been moving despite my hard work, today after not eating most of yesterday due to the fill I am down a pound. I dont care how I lost it, its nice to see my scale down. I havent been in the teens for a VERY long time. 218 is heaven compared to the 261 I started at.

This has definitely been a journey so far and I have learned a lot about myself both good (I CAN do it in the gym) and bad (food is not entertainment)!

Laura, congratulations on being a new granny! I can't wait. Well, yes I can, my girls are only 19 and 22 and still in college. But when the time is right I can't wait! What will you be called? Nana, grammy, granny, or have you even thought about it? My girls asked me that one time, and I have no idea.

Just think, a new baby around to spoil. You are very lucky!!

Congratulations again.

Cindy

THANK YOU Cindy

I thing I like grammy, but if it is like when my kids were born, they named their granny. All I want is for the baby to be healthy. I can't wait to see my son holding his own baby. I get all teary eyed when I thing about that.