Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I am not sure if this was discussed, but I have just started to notice some severe Hair loss. Everytime I shower and comb my air there is a considerable amount of my hair coming out. Is anyone else experienceing this?? I am eating between 60 - 80 grams of Protein so I don't understand why this is happening. Ofcourse my DR says he has never had a patient with hair loss - so I would be the 1st/.:cry

Dori, Hair loss was discussed at the seminar I went to and also an all day class I attended pre-surgery. They said it normally happens 3 to 6 months after surgery. I don't think there's much to be done about it. I haven't started to shed, but I've been taking Biotin in case it would help although I've read that it may not. At any rate, don't worry. It grows right back. Sorry if this isn't much help.

I am not sure if this was discussed, but I have just started to notice some severe Hair loss. Everytime I shower and comb my air there is a considerable amount of my hair coming out. Is anyone else experienceing this?? I am eating between 60 - 80 grams of Protein so I don't understand why this is happening. Ofcourse my DR says he has never had a patient with hair loss - so I would be the 1st/.:cry

I did a search and found this article on hair loss that someone else had posted. Maybe it will answer your questions.

Changes in diet can sometimes lead to hair loss

I have a check up w/ my Primary Care Doctor on Friday.....she requires I go in for Blood work 4 days before the appoinment so I did that yesterday. I was in her office about 1 yr ago and I had already looked into the band...and she was totally against it. Well I saw her six months ago and I told her what I wanted....the band! She said we would discuss it next time. Well Friday "IS" the next time, but I already have the band against her wishes! So wonder if I am gonna get introuble. I like my doctor she is great but she is against WL surgery.

Sandra

255h/242s/210c/165g

I already have the band against her wishes! So wonder if I am gonna get introuble. I like my doctor she is great but she is against WL surgery.

Remember -- your doctor works for YOU, not the other way around. You may have gone against her "wishes", but she has no grounds to get angry at you. Should she start barking, put a stop to that immediately.

Too many docs have god complexes, when they're just handymen.

Manatee,

My doc is one of those who had a weight problem and went to Weight Watchers and starting running Marathons and lost a lot a weight....so she feels that if she cand do it....so can EVERYONE else. Well I wont let her get me down...but I know she is not gonna like it. I am happy w/ my decison for the band....I have no regrets. Thanks for your words!

Sandra

255h/242s/210c/165g

Sandra, That's great that people are noticing!

This weekend, I was bent over in front of my sister and she said, "You've lost weight in your butt!". Music to my ears.

I also had a NSV today when I went in for a mammogram. I got back to the dressing room where they have the large and small gowns to put on. Well, I still clearly needed the large, but this year it covered me quite well! Last year I couldn't let go of it for a second or I'd have popped out!

I decided to add some time in the FAR Infrared Sauna to my workout each time this month and see if it seems to help. I kind of like it. Gives me time to just sit and read a magazine and think. Has anyone else tried one?

Congrats on your NSV!! I have never heard of the FAR Infrared Sauna, what is it and what does it do?

Here is a link to some information about it. It seems like the jury is still out about it's benefits, but that may simply be due to the fact that it is somewhat new? This is what a study done by Creighton University concluded. Check out the links on the left.

I'm interested in the calorie burning and pain relief (arthritis). It just happens that the gym I joined post-banding has one of these and I can use it unlimited for a month for $40, so I decided to give it a go. We'll see! If nothing else, it is very relaxing.

Far Infrared Sauna Therapy

The hair loss is from the anesthetic coming out of your body...It comes out through your hair and nails and can take up to 4 to six months to get out...It will stop and be fine so dont worry to much...especially if your getting your protein...Im a hairstylist thats the only reason I know...

I was banded in May and havent been on here in awhile but I was wondering if anyone can still eat more than they think they should be able to...while I have lost weight I still think I can eat to much...My band holds 4 mm and Ive had 2 fills and am already at a 3mm...Im going in Friday for another fill...The decision to do this was one I will never regret but I am having to stay on a strict diet and I excercise at least 5 days a week...I know its not a majic bullet but its a little tougher than I thought it would be...

Speshelk...

I also feel no restriction, but I've only had 1 fill @ 1.8cc, definitely need more. History tells me my will power won't last much longer, I'm really tired of being hungry! :)

I'm really surprise that your not feeling anything at 3cc. Maybe your sweet spot is just around th corner :Banane20:

I know that May has already come and gone, but I was banded May 31st. So far I have lost 22.5 lbs. and have had 3 fills (2.5 total).

Welcome agchick96! Glad you found us!

I got my 2nd fill this afternoon. I have a 10cc band. Last time I got 3cc fill and when I got there today she said it had 2cc left. This time I got 3.6cc. Hope it works longer than last time, although I lost weight anyway. :-)

Welcome agchick96! Glad you found us!

I got my 2nd fill this afternoon. I have a 10cc band. Last time I got 3cc fill and when I got there today she said it had 2cc left. This time I got 3.6cc. Hope it works longer than last time, although I lost weight anyway. :-)

I just had my 3rd fill on Tuesday of this week. I definitely feel more restriction than before. And when I drink anything i gurgle. I hope this goes away soon. I'm wondering if they put too much in this time and if I might have to have a little taken out. I'll give it until next week and see how it goes over the weekend. Congratulations on losing :)

I had a NSV, we had our boys 5 year b-day party yesterday. One of my husbands friends told him that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. He told him I had and that I was havung a love affair with the eliptical machine at the gym. You now it is visible if a man notices. It made me feel really good!