Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

I was sleeved on 2/27/14 and I had an open procedure. My Dr said it was his first and he has been doing these types of surgeries for 20 years. My cut goes from the middle of my breast bone to the top of my belly button. He just went over a previous scar that was there. He said he had to do the open cut because of scar tissue from the previous surgery. I am still very sore but I am down a total of 23 lbs and 14 since day of surgery. I still have no appetite at all so everything that I eat I have to force and my liquid intake needs to increase but I'm finally in the last couple of days able to go for a walk. Hopefully the start of week 3 will be much easier.

Sleeved on February 7th. I was put back in the hospital a week out from surgery due to my body trying to reject the staples, my stomach swelling, and giving me pancreatitis. All is well now. I am on regular foods. I haven't had a problem with any food whatsoever. I love my sleeve. I have lost 40 pounds so far. I can exercise, I just haven't had the time.

Congrats, February sleevers!

Edited by Z28ChevyCamaro

Z28ChevyCamaro- what does your daily diet consist of? I was sleeved a month before you.

I was sleeved 2/24/2014- I'm just now on soft foods. Drinking is still real tough for me due to the bubbles and burping. I can eat with no problems. I eat yogurts cottage cheese oatmeal. Broths are bothersome but creamy Tomato or clam chowder good. I am at the 3 week stall and I'm sure it's because I'm hungry and am eating probably too many carbs. Protein Drinks and shakes make me gag so I'm going to try and put some Unjury plain Protein in my yogurt oatmeal etc. to get it down that way. only 18 pounds down so far. Wish it were more but I haven't lost my appetite, or it came back I should say. Anybody thinking of taking an appetite suppressant? Seems silly but I think I need it!!! What do you think?

Z28ChevyCamaro- what does your daily diet consist of? I was sleeved a month before you.

My diet consists of alot of fish and chicken and beef because I absolutely hate Protein Shakes. I make sure I get all my Protein in a day, then find low calorie and sf things when I get hungry. I don't have a set diet.

Hey all, its been what a month lol...sleeved 2/13. Highest weight 256. Date of surgery 232 and today I am 212. 20 lbs down since surgery. I am working out everyday about 3.5 miles a day of running on the treadmill and elliptical. Water intake is good but still working on 64 oz a day, getting about 48. I hope all you Feb sleeveers are doing great! The journey is amazing so far!!

Hey everyone ,

My surgery was on 2/25/14

starting weight: 276

weight day of surgery: 249

current weight: 229!

I'm on soft foods right now and just hit the stage where I can have fish, salmon and Greek yogurt/cream cheese made me the happiest of people! Lol ^_^ the only thing that really didn't settle well was low fat Peanut Butter, landed like a lead weight in my shiny new gut but I think that may be that my tummy just wasn't ready for it yet so we will see.

I've already dropped a size and a half and I have been having fun shopping the thrift stores! But most importantly (and why I had wls in the first place) my knees have stopped hurting, and my back pain is almost gone. I had forgotten how it feels not to hurt and I am now very happily remembering. :)

Hey all! I will be a month out tomorrow! Surgery was on 2-20. Highest weight was 293, surgery weight was 280, as of yesterday I am 258! I am on the soft food stage until week 6. Recovery went very well, my only pain was from my incisions. I returned to work after 2 weeks and did fine.

Surgery was 2/7 and I began at 247. Today I weigh in at 200!

<p>I was sleeved on 3/6/14 and am on soft food stage .I am back to work and I am following "diet plan" strictly .I am feeling a bit discouraged because I haven't seen the scale move in a week now. I am dumbfounded at how I couldn't be losing, eating only 600-700 calories a day???This is my second bariatric surgery .I had the lap band first and didn't have success. My life story has been lose 20 lbs and then, I get a major stall-I don't know what happens???I thought for sure-the sleeve would be different? Could this possibly be the 3 week stall, I have been reading about? (2 weeks pre surgery diet+1 week post surgery)</p> <p> </p> <p>I need HOPE....</p>

I did the same! 2 week stall began 1 week +1 day post op. I was still losing inches. Try to not be discouraged! I think your body is just trying to adjust.

I went to my surgeon yesterday for my 5 week post op appointment. My Protein and Vitamin D were both low. He is going to monitor my Vitamin D, but I have to up my Protein intake. I have to get 70 grams now. Eek! I was struggling with 60 some days!!!

I'm down 40 lbs from my pre-op appointment weight.

Hi everyone. I had my surgery in Mexico on Feb 10 & am feeling great! I ran out of my prilosec for 3 days and that was TORTURE...Im back on a ppi for 6 months now and hope that eventually Ill get back to where I was and not have to take them. Clothes are definately looser...I find that even if Im not losing pounds, my body is still changing. I stick mainly to eating Protein as I can only manage between 2-2.5 ounces of food per meal but Ive tried variations of things and have tolerated everything so far. Up until 2 weekd ago I was walking regularly but then my huge puppy swung his hips into my knee and so now Im laid up...sucks so bad! Im 6.5 weeks out and am almost to 41 pounds lost

Hi I'm 7weeks since sleeve felt great since 2nd post op no pain no meds needed

I'm on full solids my sleeve doesn't like bread and due to liquid stage I gag at the thoughts of a Protein Shake or Soup couldn't drink enough Water as I don't like it but drinking a million cups of tea a day walking also

Only down side is that iv lost little weight around 10lbs don't know why

The emotional side was hard at first u think your prepared but ur not

Hi I had my surgery in February too!!

I just got under the 200 pound mark!!. I can eat anything, that may be a problem for me later. As another pal posted, food does not taste the same. I do not do sweets or carbs, but have never had a issue with them. I never vomitited or got sick. I moved though the diet pretty fast, but feel fine. I go in a weeek for my first doctors visit since surgery. I hope he thinks I have been doing good.

Good luck you all.:)

I was also sleeved on the 24th im down about 21 but I to get hungry she said maybe not drinking enough so I need to work on that for now