Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

I was also sleeved on 2/3, about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I have had no pain since the first week. I was hoping that I would have lost more than 20lbs by now, so I'm going to try eliminating most carbs. The problem is that I'm now lactose intolerant and can't have most Protein drinks. A lot of Proteins like chicken, etc are still difficult to eat and get enough in to meet the Protein criteria. Figures that carbs have no problem going down.

On the upside, people are noticing and I can get into jeans a size smaller :)

I was sleeved on Feb. 3rd and was just wondering how everyone else was doing? How far out are you? What food stage are you in? How are you tolerating food and liquids? Any complaints? Have you been able to start exercise? Any NSV yet? How are family and friends reacting to the new you? I'm just curious and really hope everyone is doing well!

I was sleeved on 2-18-14 am am currently on the soft food stage and am tolerating foods well so far, but still dealing with refux issues. Only complaint is the refux, never had it before surgery, but it is getting better now that i am taking meds daily for it. Other than some light walking, have not started exercising yet, NSV's: I have been able to get into some pants I have not been able to wear in over 5 years. Everyone is being supportive and very excited for my journey.

HW 393. Back in 2008

Started journey weight 371 in June 2013

Started prep diet at 354

SW 340

CW 322

I am down 49 lbs total since June, 32 since starting the preop diet, and 18 since surgery. I weigh once a week on Mondays, so maybe I'm down a little more, hopefully but just got my visitor for the first time in over a year. Uggg. So not sure how that's going to change things

I had my surgery on February 11th. I am doing great. Haven't found anything that doesn't agree so far. (Fingers crossed) I have hit a three week stall praying that stops sometime soon. I'm doing a mile on the elliptical and a mile on the treadmill 3-4 nights a week. So excited for what the future holds for all of us!!!!

Surgery weight: 263

Present weight:235

Total loss:28 pounds

Hi guys, I was sleeved on 2/6. I am on stage 4 which means adding in regular foods. So far nothing bothers my sleeve, I just can't eat much. I still have yo have a smoothie everyday up get my Protein in. I have lost 29lbs since surgery and 45 lbs total. I have gone from a size 20/22 jeans and 2xl tops to 16 jeans and XL tops. Everyone is going great and I am so glad we are taking this trip together. Go us!

My surgery was on 02/11. Meet with nut next week to go over regular food diet. No complications at all but do feel a little weak at times. Im getting 500-600 cals a day. Is that close to what my other Feb sleevers are getting?

HW 297

SW 288

CW 261

Sleeved 2/10

Able to eat all foods however my taste buds have changed drastically. Moderate Reflux heartburn taking meds now. Trying to learn to eat and chew slow still. I started spin class and that was a mistake. Was in pain for a week. I'm back to just walking :). 24 lbs down since surgery. I'm pleased and won't complain. I did cut my hair off so 5 lbs might have been tied up in there lol. Happy sleeving!

Hello February Friends,

I was sleeved on 2/4/14. I'm also on soft foods and tolerating everything pretty well. I'm just a bit bored with no variety and trying to think of things to eat is tough. I do get hungry, but am satisfied pretty easily. I usually take in about 600 calories, very occassionally go up to 850 or so. tuna, lunch meat, lite cheese sticks, scrambled eggs, turkey kielbasa, Soup, Protein shakes...that's about it. For a special treat, if I'm hungry at night I'll have 1-2 graham cracker sheets. Not sure if this is cheating or not. Otherwise, I don't have any carbs really.

I've been walking, stationary bike and even tried 20 minutes of the Jillian Michaels Fat Burn workout - whoa!!

NSVs - had to dig out some old clothes (luckily I have clothes in every size, so it will be a while before I have to shop!). My rings are fitting better. My face looks thinner. Exercise is getting easier!

I had a long 2 week stall and like the other poster in this thread couldn't understand how that math works: taking in so few calories, exercising, working full time, taking care of 2 kids and not losing for more than 14 days. Sigh. But it's over and I'm back to losing 2-3 lbs a week or so.

HW 283

Pre-op Diet 270

DOS 255

Current 237

Hi all! I'm in my third week and on soft foods. Doing really well.

I'm great with liquids, no problem at all.

I'm learning (the hard way) my signal of when I'm full. I was distracted last night and took a few bites too many! BOY, I won't do that again!!! I HATE to throw up!! I actually spent 30 mins with the heart pounding and sliming talking my self out of throwing up. Lots of deep breaths!

I've lost 25 lbs so far. I REFUSE to weigh everyday once a week is fine with me.

My NSV is my wedding ring fitting!!! I haven't been able to wear it for years! It's still a little tight so I'm going to wait a bit before I begin to wear it all the time.

I'm walking everyday.

No pain just uncomfortable at the incision site where my stomach came out.

Sleeved on Feb 20. Doing ok on food. Mostly soft proteins....fish, eggs, cottage cheese. Most goes ok but sometimes I forget to eat slow and then it is too late and I am past full and feel very yucky. I have hit that 3rd week stall this week and have gained and lost the same 1 lbs all week. This too shall pass! :lol:

Hi i was sleeved feb 18 feel real good and best thing i did

i am still on stage 3 diet but doing well can ,t believe how little i can eat and that i am not even hungry

my family are really supportive and even lost some weight there selfs. walking is all i can do right now

i have lost 34lbs so far . have a lot more to lose but i will do it.

good luck and good health to all

Hi Everyone!

I was sleeved on 2/4. Lost 40 lbs so far. I've been doing really well. No more pain. I had longer lasting pain due to a hematoma. I was sick last week with a respitory infection and was coughing so bad I hurt myself. It felt like I ripped my stomach open. I went the ER and they kept me overnight to do a CAT scan. Everything was fine. Some inflamation, and I was released the next day. No pain 2 days following that ordeal. I also feel like I'm slowing up. I'm eating regular food now and am very compliant. I starting doing couch to 5k this week and it's going well. I also walk 5 flights of stairs in my work parking lot which i couldn't do before. I'm purposly parking in the top level. Yey!

Hi Everyone!

I was sleeved on 2/4. Lost 40 lbs so far. I've been doing really well. No more pain. I had longer lasting pain due to a hematoma. I was sick last week with a respitory infection and was coughing so bad I hurt myself. It felt like I ripped my stomach open. I went the ER and they kept me overnight to do a CAT scan. Everything was fine. Some inflamation, and I was released the next day. No pain 2 days following that ordeal. I also feel like I'm slowing up. I'm eating regular food now and am very compliant. I starting doing couch to 5k this week and it's going well. I also walk 5 flights of stairs in my work parking lot which i couldn't do before. I'm purposly parking in the top level. Yey!

I was just sleeved 2/5/14 and am moving from pureed foods to soft foods this weekend. The reason I'm replying to your post is that I also have chronic respiratory infections and the only meds that my pulmonologist found that work the best for me is Levaquin (antibiotic) and Prednisone (steroid). My surgeon is totally against the use of steroids and has told me they could be life threatening, but this is the only combination we have found that works. I am concerned over inflammation and a potential bleed. This is my 2nd bout since 2/22/14 - just started meds again today. Any advice????

Feb 18th

Just starting soft Proteins and caught a tummy bug on day 2. I think it set me back because I could only tolerate liquids for 2 days. I haven't found anything I can't eat but cottage cheese sets very hard. Loving cheese sticks!!

I love Bariatric fusion Vitamins. They have everything I need in 4 chewable tablets a day.

I have been walking. I walked the dog just over a mile today.

I do have one incision that still hurts. Does anyone else find this?

My fat jeans hang on me and I went to a smaller pair in my closet and today I noticed that they are loose!

I

Only complaint is the biggest incision on my left side still hurts. A lot. Like, I still take pain meds for it often. I've asked my doc if it's normal, and apparently it is, unfortunately.

Haven't started exercising yet. I have to call tomorrow to make any appointment with the physiologist.

I am so glad you mentioned the big incision on the left! I'm also 3 weeks out and my dh cannot believe mine still hurts. Bad sometimes! I've resorted to taking pain meds when it acts up. Walking the dog a mile today mine started to hurt!