Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

I was sleeved on the 5th. I'm on a regular diet, although I eat pretty much the same thing. Down 28 pounds and 2 sizes. Week 1 vs today.

Ur pic is awesome, did it take 2 weeks for u to lose that much on ur stomach?

Hello Guys,

I was sleeved on 20 Feb 2014 and I am currently 57 pounds down post surgery. I have been on regular/normal food now for 2 weeks and with the exception of one short spell of vomiting, caused by over eating, I have had no issues to complain about at all (fingers crossed).

• My Stamina is much improved
  • My mobility is much improved
  • My labido is back...thank you Lord!!!
  • My clothes don't fit
  • My car seat belt is comfortable
  • I no longer need to ask for a seat belt extension on flights
  • I can see my feet...I have two!
  • I can see other bits too...and the quantity is fine!
  • I can sit in those silly fixed booths in TFI
  • My border line diabetes has resolved
  • My sleep Apnea and snoring is much improved
  • I can now play and interact with my children...this gets better each day!

Good luck guys, Enjoy!

Nobby

Hi guys! I had my surgery on Feb. 13th 2014. I've lost almost 50 lbs as of Monday March 31st. I am happy with my weight loss but I must say most of it was in the first 6 weeks after surgery. I have been really disappointed with myself for the past couple of weeks. I do really good during the daytime hours with my diet, but I have this really bad habit of waking up all night long and I go straight to the kitchen. For some reason I can't stay asleep longer than 20-30 minutes at a time. That adds up to a lot of snacking at night. I do have sleep apnea which is probably most of my problem. I just wish I could stop myself from night eating. I also wish I would use my exercise equipment I recently purchased to help with my weight loss! If I could use it even just two or three times a week, I know that would help a lot. I'm wondering how you all are doing with your momentum? Does anyone out there have a problem with night eating or am I the only one?

Hi

I had my surgery on the 18th of Febraury, I am doing okay, I have a hard time getting all my Water and Protein in. I am on a soft food diet but the nurse says to pull back a bit. I am still experiencing a lot of gagging and nausea. As of right now I am sick, upper respiratory infection. It seems to me that I have had this "cold" for weeks now. Does your immune system weaken usually after surgery? I am officially down 33 pounds and I am excersing on a treadmill and a bicycle, 3 days a week and almost always feel winded after wards. My moods have been better and I don't need the occasional early afternoon nap I use to need. good luck to everyone!!

I got a sinus infection last week. I usually get one every March anyways. I'm also a 2/18 sleever.

Hello Guys,

I was sleeved on 20 Feb 2014 and I am currently 57 pounds down post surgery. I have been on regular/normal food now for 2 weeks and with the exception of one short spell of vomiting, caused by over eating, I have had no issues to complain about at all (fingers crossed).

My Stamina is much improved

My mobility is much improved

My labido is back...thank you Lord!!!

My clothes don't fit

My car seat belt is comfortable

I no longer need to ask for a seat belt extension on flights

I can see my feet...I have two!

I can see other bits too...and the quantity is fine!

I can sit in those silly fixed booths in TFI

My border line diabetes has resolved

My sleep Apnea and snoring is much improved

I can now play and interact with my children...this gets better each day!

Good luck guys, Enjoy!

Nobby

Awesome...

Disappointed at the lack of knowledge of some medical professionals!!! Went to the hospital yesterday cause I got myself dehydrated again. I had to explain to 3 diff nurses and my doctor that the "sleeve" is not the band.. Everytime they asked a question it was band related and I'm like .. I do not have the band.. I finally found a diagram photo of the sleeve procedure on my iphone and just showed them that.... Seriously people???!!!!!

Disappointed at the lack of knowledge of some medical professionals!!! Went to the hospital yesterday cause I got myself dehydrated again. I had to explain to 3 diff nurses and my doctor that the "sleeve" is not the band.. Everytime they asked a question it was band related and I'm like .. I do not have the band.. I finally found a diagram photo of the sleeve procedure on my iphone and just showed them that.... Seriously people???!!!!!

Wow thats crazy. How many times have u become behydrated?

I've been having vomiting issues off and on. Supposed to be cleared on all foods now but still can't handle most foods. Been to er twice so far 4 weeks apart

@Darianna75 I am so glad that you posted this. I felt so alone in this reading how well some others are tolerating different phases of the diet. I had surgery on Feb.26 and just got off the pureed foods. I am not doing well addings solid foods of any kind. I tried some grilled chicken and broccoli yesterday and felt like it was stuck in my chest... and could hardly get it down without feeling nauseous. I couldn't even finish just a small amount. It was chicken tenderloin at that and I chewed it up good and the broccoli for some reason didn't taste good to me like i thought it would. I better go back to the ground meat and chicken salad.. I almost puree the chicken and there are no chunks in it. I have trouble with toast a little too. I'm frustrated and feel like I'll never be able to eat regular food again. I was so looking forward to eating veggies now. I tried a little bit of cantalope today and chewed it up good (i thought)then the nausea kicked in and this time I actually vomitted it all up. I'm calling the nurse line tomorrow because i don't seem to be able to progress right to the next food level... I feel like I've taken two steps forward and three steps back again. Now I had yoghurt again today.... that seems to always be a safe food forme...... it goes down easy.... it is low carb and no fat greek yoghurt btw. I'm so frustrated now...... It's comforting to see (i guess) that I'm not alone in this..... I should have known.... I started out in the hospital with severe nausea and vomitting..... I have some anti nausea pills but i hate to be dependent on that. I need to know what foods i can tolerate and which ones that i can't ...... thanks for listening.... Any other Feb sleevers with this problem at six weeks post op???

I too had issues in the beginning with a 5 day hospital stay due to non stop vomiting and nausea . They put me on something called Reglan 2 times a day for nausea but I had stopped taking it because I wasn't that nauseous I would just be like ..oh vomit time .. No warning unless it was the horrible chest pain when I ate. I can't do any meat really maybe 1oz . Haven't tried a veggie yet. I can do cheese and yogurt and tuna seems to be fine. Even drinking makes me feel yucky and then it's hard to drink with nonstop burping!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues this far out too!!

@Darianna75 I have the same problem with drinking.. it's hard sometimes and I continuosly burp and hiccup..... I guess we react the same. I hope we can both get past this.... I had to go back to liquids today as my stomach was so upset.... if i drink more than a sip at a time .... it hurts going down and then i have to keep burping..... I don't know how long it will take for us to be able to eat regular food then? The chicken salad was easy and even the very thin cracker crisps that disovlve in your mouth...... I can eat oatmeal, cottage cheese yoghurt easily. Sometimes the scrambled eggs don't go down good either..... I was happy when i could progress to ground meat but i cannot really tolerate it or anything chewy whatsoever...... ughhh........ I'm glad I'm not alone in this too..... I was starting to wonder what was wrong withme. I am supposed to be going to the next phase in another week but doubt if I'll make it if I can't get past the meat and veggies now..... very discouraging.... Oh well back to cottage cheese etc...... Hope I lost more.... haven't weighed myself since week five when i lost a totalof 34 lbs since i first went to the doctor.

PS. I stayed in the Hospital for four days because of nausea and vomitting as well..... I was on two antinausea meds. Reglan was the only thing that helped but they sent me home with something else. I haven't taken it since i came home....I hope i don't have to again.

Sounds exactly like me !! I will have to try chicken salad I hadn't tried it yet as I Can't even eat deli meat!

@Darianna75 I got so excited about deli thin shaved meat but when I tried to eat it, it was a no go..... I couldn't swallow it at all and it just didn't taste good to me anymore.... funny how things I love before, i can't really tolerate or even LIKE now...... Now with the chicken salad .... Here is what i do .... now you might want to do it differently. I really don't love boiled chicken so I buy a roitessere chicken. Then I take off the skin on the breast portion and take my fork and mash it very small....then add greek yogurt and half light mayo with dry ranch dressing seasonings (hidden valley) I tsp mustard, and dill pickly relish. I make it very moist. I can't eat a lot at a time.... only two ounces maybe and a few cracker crisps if i feel like it.... I ate this almost every day for a week. I thought I'd take a break from the chicken salad for a while but i really can't tolerate meat that isn't in some very soft or pureed form. I heard it will eventually get better.

I hope it does ! I have a can of chicken I will try it with this week