Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in april

Yup, I totally agree! :) But, it does sound like you need a fill... if you need time to retrain your brain, get a few small fills - creep up on the "sweet spot" so you're forced to eat slower, and smaller bites. I also have a BIG problem with eating slow and chewing well... I hope my fill on Monday helps to cure that!

I haven't really had any problems with meat. I typically eat chicken & turkey - and I know a LOT of people have problems with chicken.< /p>

We are both having fill on Monday. My dr. gives 3 free with the price of surgery. It's going to get expensive if I can't get it right with the next 2 fills.

Gotcha - I have a year free so I get to experiment all I want!

Just remember YOU ARE WORTH IT - you didn't go through surgery to have to do it all on your own, so even if you have to pay for them, you should get them! Just remind yourself that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got WAY WAY WAY easier after my third fill (my first few were conservative). I went from 1.5cc, to 2cc, to 2.3 cc to 2.7 cc then an unfill back to 2.5cc which has held me for a month. Everyone is different - this next one may be "the one" for you!!! Good luck Denise!!

Okay every one, some people have been telling me that I was probably too tight. Here is the thang. I DONT CARE. I lost 13 pounds in the last 6 weeks. Let me be over tight. Honestly I think most of my problem is eating too fast. once you PB a few times you learn to eat slooowww. I gained a pound of muscle and lost 13 pounds. So what if I just started losing since February. That makes it 21 pounds since march21. i am proud. I didn't stay the same or gain. I lost. I am happy. overfill me some more if that is what is going on. i am just glad to see his scales go down.

I dont get this: feb 26, every scale I got on said i had lost 10-15 pounds the dr scales said I lost 2. Today I just knew he was going to tell me I gained or stayed the same because scales have been reading 5 pounds of weight loss. his scales said 13 pounds. It almost balances out but just doesn't make any sense. newayz just thought I would let someone know.

hi

new thread for a new month with a new challenges :clap2:

what is your goals for this month

my goal is to exercise 13 times & drop off 15 lb :bandit

I didn't know we had a new thread! Maybe we could post the link in the March thread for people like me who forget to check?

I am really excited that my new fill really feels different. I told him to be aggressive. He filled me to 2.5 and gave me a cup of Water to drink and I couldn't get it down. I really didn't want to tell him, but he could tell I was having trouble. He took the .5 out and I can really tell the difference now. I can actually feel water moving through the band. I did liquids for 24 hours and I am supposed to do mushies for 24 hours. I just had a tiny piece of meatloaf I made from ground turkey and I am stuffed. I almost felt like I ate too much and gave the last bite to the dog. Maybe now I will start losing.

How do you know if you are too tight, anyway? Some people have said they can't even feel the difference in a fill for 2 weeks. I hope it's not tighter in two weeks.

I think it is so weird how some things get stuck and others go right thru. Like I can eat chicken no problem but chicken salad or tuna salad gets stuck everytime. How are we all doing on our April goals?? I am not so doing anything so it is time for a fill!

It IS weird how things get stuck. Can someone explain why that happens? Sometimes it happens with the first bite. I thought the whole purpose of not drinking with meals was to keep the food in "the pouch" Well if it's getting stuck, that means it's going through the band right away.

Hi Denise......I had the same thoughts you do, and asked my doctor, why not keep the pouch at around 2-4 oz so the patient feels full when the pouch is full. He said they tried that, made the pouch 4 oz and patients had no weight loss, kept decreasing the size until it was about 1 oz and the patients started losing weight. I feel that it is not so much how long the food stays in the pouch...as it controls the speed at which we eat. Slows us down, makes us chew longer, and feel full faster, if we drink with our meal the food in our stomach and pouch gets washed through faster.

but why does it feel like it's stuck even if it's the first bite? that means it's trying to go through the band and not stay in the pouch. It makes no sense to me.

Denise,

Well gravity is making it go thru the band, even the first bite. It is not all hanging out in the pouch and once you are done eating it slowly starts thru the band onto the "large stomach" and thru the rest of the digestive tract. The first bite does start to go thru and then hopefully it slows down the rest of the bites so you do slow the process. I personally think that at least at this point with me its more like how soon I get sick of eating and chewing chewing chewing-- I think I get bored with it b/c it is so much darn work to eat I stop after a few bites. I really have that first bite syndrome where when I eat the first bite or 2 I feel slightly stuck then wait 10 minutes and I can eat comfortably as long as I am chewing. I agree with you though these bands are weird! =)

:)Thanks Jill, that makes sense. Living with the band is definitely a learning experience.:)

I was banded on Dec 19. I have lost 35 pounds, but I haven't lost in a while. I have had 3 fills and have 6 cc in my 10cc band. My goal is to exercise 20 times and loose 5 pounds.

I lost this thread with the new set up here. I am bummed out that I have not lost since I got my fill. I lost the first week, but nothing since. I have heard though that sometimes all of a sudden, the lbs will drop again. I hope so.

I am still having trouble with food getting stuck. I need to learn to take tiny tiny bites.

WHOO HOOO I got on the scale today and dropped 4 pound since last week!

I needed to see some progress.

I am loving this weather. It is easier to walk and play. Some nights we don't even come inside until bed time. (I live in Northern Minnesota where the winters are very long.)

I am trying to think outside of the box as far as exercise goes. I raked for 2 hours the other night. I have been using the kids trampoline. We went to the park and flew a kite together. I hae been missing out on a lot sitting on the sidelines and watching everyone else live.

What do all of you do for exercise?

Melissa