Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

AAArrrggghh---I like Cindy just lost my post!!! And I am tired!!!

I'll try to do a quick recap!!!

Cindy I am here!!! Kinda! I am glad haven is doing so well in softball---I used to love Volleyball, thinking of trying it again! I saw 199 again this morning, it is playing peek-a-boo by the day!!! I will change my ticker when I see it for 3 days in a row, which may be 2008!!!

Darcy---enjoy the cabin, it is lovely!!!

Eileenie---I am so glad they promoted you, you truly deserve it!

Beannie---thanks for educating me!!! I have never had the opportunity to spend any time with anyone of the Muslim faith, and truly had no idea!!!

Patty---hang in there hon, it will all come back around and bite him in the a$$!!

Betty---we went riding today---but had to cut it short!

Mr. Pat---so glad all is well, and it is only gonna get better!!!

Welcome Jenny---we are so glad to have you here!!! Actually I could use you HERE!!!

I am sorry for missing the rest of you---Sherry, Chris, I hope your vacation plans fall in perfectly!!! I am not slighting anyone for any reason other than lack of time, not lack of concern!!!

I am only supposed to be home to get warm clothes! And then I lost the post---so am pushing it time wise!

We have a new little filly---she is gorgeous!!! She is a little quarter horse tovero paint---we are going to pull an all nighter, and do some imprinting. So I will be back sometime tomorrow. I named her Kismet (my granddaughter thinks her name is KissMe!). Her sire was a stallion named Chances Are (called Chance) and our mare is named Serendipity---so I thought Kismet fit. I'll try to get a pic on.

Everyone take care, be back when I can't stay awake any longer!!!

Kat

Hiya Ladies...

Eileenie... Sooo... with your promotion... do you get to sit somewhere that allows you to play with us more often???? :mad: Congrats!

Kat... OMIGOSH... I love horses...can't wait to see the pics of your new baby!

Cindy... I've done the slumber party with teen girls twice now... I don't think I will need a 3rd try...lol. Hope you all had fun!

Patty....(((hugs))) Girl... I co-signed for my ex-fiance so he could pay off his ex-wife's portion of the marital assets...so that we could get married. We didn't... I came to my senses and left... but I am still held responsible for the OPEN ended line of credit... so... I sure see how the financial thin can tail ya. I'm really glad your ex got a job... I imagine his new bride is more than thrilled. You have a great attitude towards all of this... you are a strong woman!

Wow Mr. Pat... Congrats on the weight-loss so far!!!!!

Well... we have all of the details worked out and will open escrow next week. We purchased much of the furniture in the cabin... but my sis didn't want to let go of a lot of the majorly kewl antiques... RATS! :D We are going to let them keep everything there for now so that they don't have to worry about packing and storing anything. They are buying a house and a barn that will be for the business which means they need to sell their regular home as well... yep... they are going to be BUSY!

I am totally thrilled!

Waiting for pics of the baby Kat... bring em on girl...

Ahhhhh. A beautiful Sunday... I slept until 11 and now I am sprawled on my chair in my sunroom with a cup of coffee, petting a cat and surfing the net. This is what Sundays are supposed to be, as far as I am concerned.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's a fabulous 80 degrees in my backyard. I am thinking a little yard maintenance is in order for this afternoon.

Patty - you are so funny. Hate Californians? Heck, don't you know I was born in Carmel? I would have been THRILLED to move back there when I left Oregon, except I couldn't possible afford to live there. Sorry about the IRS - but I am very glad to hear that your LOVELY DexH got a job and will be able to provide some financial assistance for you & the boys. How did it go at the Dentist?

Eileenie - I refuse to think about work on such a glorious day. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. :] Congrats on your promotion. I guess that Bossman was afraid I really WOULD come up there! :] And you Celebrate by CLEANING?!?! That's just wrong.... :] 17 yrs for you and DH, huh? Did you ever think it would last when you first got married? I wasn't sure - but, hey, I decided after about 10 yrs that my DH was a keeper. :)

Darcy - Congrats on the Cabin - and hey, if you got the sleigh, you can search out your own kewl antiques to fill the rest of the space. :] And shopping for antiques is really fun! Oh - and I guess you learned an important financial lesson... or I hope you did. Sheesh! I hope you haven't been too royally screwed by the whole thing.

Jenny - Another Disney Chick will fit right in around here. You will be happy to know that the local LKS gets all my stuff. The come around once every couple of months. Some fat lady in town is getting a bunch of really cool clothes, these days. I was able to get BC/BS to pay - so hopefully you will, too. I want you to know that these ladies were instrumental in keeping me sane while I went thru the approval process. Welcome!

Deb - Hi! Meeting husbands is an individual thing. Love can be found anywhere - even at the hotdog stand at the University of Oregon. :] Hugs to you and crabby!

Mr. Pat - glad to hear you are feeling good. That is really what the band is all about, IMHO. Looking good would be nice - but I FEEL so much better, that I don't care if I never look "normal". And YOU ROCK - 25 pounds, already!! Wow! Go, Pat, Go!!!

Cindy - I hope you are out enjoying this fabulous day! I had to go outside and take a little sun-break before I could finish my post. Ahhhhhhh. So nice.

Kat - a new baby! I love horses. Of course, I haven't ridden since I was a teenager - and I would consider it cruelty to animals to ride, now - but I still love horses. So, are you at home? Or are you already in Texas? Let me know when you get to your ranch... I may have a great deal of free time coming up... :phanvan

Well, I am going to go divvy up some blocks of cheese... I got 2 pound bricks of cheddar for $5.00 and now I have to break them down into managable sized pieces and throw them into the freezer. I love cheese - so having a 2 pound brick defrosted just means I am going to suck down the whole thing... probably in about 3 days... :]

Love you guys!

Hi all...I am trying to list stuff on Ebay this week. Next week the window will be installed and I can install my dog run this week if it stays warm. We are going to wait 2 or 3 more weeks to do the landscaping but at least I can get the dog run in and start using it. I am adding dirt to the front and back yard and also having to replant grass seed. So the dog run MUST be in before that gets started. My doggers love to play in the dirt and then they require a bath before being allowed back in the house. With the run in place I can use that and protect my carpets and sanity. We are eventually going to put pea gravel in the dog run but for now the grass will do. We are pouring a new concrete patio and then leveling out the yard this summer, loads of work but it needs to be done. The front yard also has a dip in it that needs to be filled in, and then some simple grass patch in that area. I am getting rid of a huge flower bed that I can't get anything to grow in, so that will provide the dirt for the front, and also be less work for me. I have a flower bed in front of my house that I want to dig out and just plant grass there. I have a black thumb and every plant I touch dies. I'm going to plant some butterfly bushes and be done. I'll check in later. ~Mandy

Thought this was cute....

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic.

Simply pour a cup of boiling Water down your throat and

presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.

2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing

vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while

you chop away.

3. You can avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting

the toilet seat just by using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut

yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the

pressure in your veins. Remember to use an egg timer.

5. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will

prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep

after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of

laxatives. Then you will be afraid to cough.

7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a

hammer and you will forget all about the toothache.

8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules

of life really are:

In life, you only need two tools - WD-40 and Duct Tape.

If it doesn't move but should, use the WD-40.

If it should not move and does, use the duct tape.

9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to

know them.

10. Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.

Thought for the Day:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES ..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY

GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO

YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

Happy Sunday...it's so beautiful here, that I feel bad knowing that you guys on the East Coast are getting the big Nor'Easter. How are you doing in Jersey? Is it really bad weather?

Darcy, everything sounds great for the cabin, and I'm very happy for you!

Beanie, glad you are relaxing today.

Kat, how exciting about Kismet! I love the name, and if my DD were there, she'd probably never, ever leave that baby!

Mandy, you've got a lot of work to do, and I'll think about you this week, while I'm motivating myself to get my bedroom office/scrapbook area set up. It's just one of those things I've put off (like the Christmas tree...yes, it's down!).

Tonight is the food Network Award show, and DD and I are going to watch it...she really loves those shows (so do I!).

Oh! Kat...we have the same rule...three days in a row before changing the ticker...I had to wait forever to change mine to 200...and I've only seen 199 once...so it'll probably be another "forever" before it's official. Hang on, we'll get there!

Hugs to all,

Cindy

frig frig frig.... i just lost my post.

well I gotta hurry b/c we haven't had internet access all day b/c of the storm..so I'm afraid we'll lose it again..... so I'll try to pop in tomorrow.

LUV YAH !!!

Good Morning Y'all!

Wow, what a week! I had things all planned out, then the bad storms moved in and put me back! I was planning a party for my DH birthday (today) for this weekend and everything went the wrong way. I finally got it all under control and it went off really good. I was sure tired though!

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, so I won't even try to catch up with this one.

I just wanted to pop in and say "hello" and I will try to get back later and catch up witn everyone.

Have a good one!

Morning ladies and Mr. Pat :)

Mandy... Boy... I would love to have a run for our pups too! I bet the stress reduction will be well worth the effort! I have been hanging around ebay looking for stuff for the cabin... darn... all of the good stuff just goes so high there now!

Cindy... Good luck setting up your scrapbooking stuff... you need to make time for that now for sure! My sister just loves scrapbooking... me... all of my stuff is in a box and will probably stay there...lol. I also have oddles of rubber stamps that will probably stay in like-new condition...lol.

Eileenie...hope you weathered the storm okay!

Betty... Sorry about the storms but glad your party still turned out okay!

Irene... You better take some errr... evacuation meds now if you plan on eating that much cheese! Yeah... the financial stuff is a pain but we should be locked into our rate as of today and luckily my hubby LOVES numbers...lol. By the way... your Sunday activities sounded absolutely lovely to me!

Well... today the fella is coming to check out the broken spring on the garage door. Betty... can you believe we haven't fixed it since I was trapped here with my car in the garage...lol. We think that we will be working towards selling this house in the not so far future so we want to be working on little projects here and there.

It's pick up poo in the yard day...woo hoo!!! LOL.

(((Hugs)))

Howdy all...I'll have to post later. Had a pretty good trip to NY but the trip home was TERRIBLE with the Noreaster. We hit snow and sleet on our way home and saw at least 20 cars in accidents or off the road. One car on the other side of the highway veered out of control, hit the median guardrail and spewed snow and ice all over us then he spun 360's over to the other side and hit that guardrail. We were on the opposite half of the highway so we couldn't help, if we stopped we would of been hit! It was a long drive home. Once we got through the Berkshires in Mass we didn't have anymore snow but the wind and rain were terrible. Same thing going on today, trees down, floods...I'm shocked work has power but, I'm here. I'm waiting for the Water torture to start as we always have trouble here with a leaky roof UGH.

Eileen - Congrats on the promotion girlfriend!

Darcy - Congrats on the cottage :)

I'll catch up with everyone tonight if I can get online. Lots of laundry and cleaning to do since I wasn't home this weekend. Hug to you all!

Well I am stuck in the house....our street is taped off with yellow police tape because of the floods....we live in bergen cty...my DH tried to go to work this morning...but couldnt get down the street to catch the bus into the city the road was closed.....

I hope everyone else is doing ok and staying dry....another day for the fireplace and movies....just as long as the kids sit and play and not fight...then i put on my white and black referee outfit....lol

have a good day all...here it goes...if i leave anybody out i am sorry and will try to remember for next time,....Mandy..Cindy,.....Sherry...Lorraine..Betty...Irene...Mr. Pat....Kat...Darcy...Rene

hope i got all of you....take care deb

Caution: This post is being written by a sleep deprived woman.

Garrett woke me up a 1am with a bellyache. He gets that way due to his medication and after "daddy" visits. He was in and out of the bathroom

5 times. By the time I got him to sleep it was 3am and I was wide awake. I prayed that I could get some rest and dozed off. I woke up a 6:46, just a smidge tardy. I got the twins up and drove them, then the little guys and then called in a sub. I decided that this was gonna be a red-letter day. Surgery do or die..... and since I already half-dead, what matters!

My attorney doesn't have any good news so I decided to call the surgeons office. "just tell me, how much is surgery if I paid cash?" $16, 000 but you get discount if you have psych, and dietician visits.... then it's $15,800. OK, I say I will go to the credit union and request a loan. 40minutes later I have an OK for a $10,000. loan and a doctors visit for april 26th then I get my date! Wooo Hooo! The $5,800 that I don't have will be coming from my savings and I'm gonna pawn my ex's wedding ring (been saving it for just the right occasion). I'm so excited I am beside myself with joy! I want to write posts but I gotta go get the twins. I love ya all so very much..... I'm hoping to be a band-girl in less that 2 weeks -- bye!

Patty, sorry about lack of sleep, and having to self-pay but you are SOOOOOO WORTH it. Remember that. Love ya' Mandy

Here is another joke for you guys....:

Bubba died in a fire and his body was burned pretty badly. The morgue

needed someone to identify the body, so they sent for his two best

friends, Darryl and Gomer. The three men had always done everything

together.

Darryl arrived first and when the mortician pulled back the sheet.

Darryl said, "Yup, his face is burned up pretty bad. You better roll

him over."

The mortician rolled him over, and Darryl said, "Nope, ain't Bubba."

The mortician thought this was rather strange. Then he brought

Gomer in to identify the body. Gomer looked at the body and

said, "Yup, he's pretty well burnt up. Roll him over."

The mortician rolled him over and Gomer said, "No, it ain't Bubba."

The mortician asked, "How can you tell?"

Gomer said, "Well, Bubba had two assholes."

"What? He had two assholes?' asked the mortician.

"Yup, I've never seen 'em, but everyone knew he had two assholes.

Every time we went to town, folks would say, "Here comes Bubba

with them two assholes!"

All Right Patty! I always say "where there's a will, there's a way!" You found a way! Congrats to you! I am so happy it is finally coming for you!:);) :clap2: :clap2:

Eileen - Congrats on the promotion and raise! "doing the happy dance for you":D :D :D

Darcy - Oh, I am so glad you got to keep some of the furniture at the cottage too! It just looks so great in those pictures. Now, when you add a few of those beautiful quilts you make it will be perfect!

Beanie - One giganic plug! I'm glad you devided it up! If I ate that much at one time I wouldn't chit for a month!:D :D :D :D Sounds like you are getting your self all caught up with the studying.

Deb - Sorry you are stuck in the house. It probably wouldn't matter at all until they tell you that you can't go out! Then when they tell me that it's all I want to do!

Sherry - Your drive didn't sound like fun to me! Glad you made it safe and sound though!

Cindy - Have fun with the scrapbooking! I'm like Darcy, mine are all in boxes, drawers, etc.

Jenny - Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!:clap2: :clap2:

Kat - How exciting it must be to have a new baby! I love the name too!

I'm glad you got to go riding, it's been so long for me I probably forgot how!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Mr. Pat = Wonder weight loss! 25 pounds is a big bag of dog food! Now, when you look at it that way you can actually see how much you lost!

Well, got to run, I'm expecting a guy to look at my car. He was supposed to be here Saturday, but never showed up. He promised my DH he would call me at 5:30 and guess what, so far no call! Hmmmmmmmm!