Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find its physically easier to eat garbage?

It's the same with me. At night I can eat all the popcorn there is. But in the morning and most of the day I can hardly get Water down. It is getting easier though. I have actually had 7 days out of 10 with zero PB...a record for me. I decided to not even try to eat before 4 pm and that seems to be working...at least for the food. The weight loss has slowed though.

For me it wasn't at first.BUT now the *** junk foods that helped make me F.A.T.** seem easier at most times to eat than the proteins.Before I could eat eggs, chicken etc now I have a hard time eating them without the golf ball feeling.So I am eating baked fish alot. And I try not to go anywhere near candy or chips.

Ive found that with the band.. theres lots i cant eat.. so i just have to make sure that the ones i can are good ones .. and never even attempt the bad ones. I do get cravings for stuff.. so i go out and fill em and then return to the healthy things again. I do find that i really dont think about food anymore though .. that helps fight off temptations.. because im full of the good stuff, i dont seek out the bad.

I have only had one fill and I am hungry all the time I tried eating 3 meals a day but am having a hard time with Proteins so my sugar level is all over the place, I hate to say but chocalate kisses have gotta me by plenty of time for a quick fix. The easiest thing I have found to eat is mexcan food which I thought would never happen, I can't eat alot or am into sharing with my bf. I look like a goat grazing when I try to eat chicken chew chew chew. I am going in for another fill because I try to eat 3 meals a day but am so hungry by the time I eat I am eating to fast or not chewing enough and you know what happens then.

I have only had one fill and I am hungry all the time I tried eating 3 meals a day but am having a hard time with Proteins so my sugar level is all over the place, I hate to say but chocalate kisses have gotta me by plenty of time for a quick fix. The easiest thing I have found to eat is mexcan food which I thought would never happen, I can't eat alot or am into sharing with my bf. I look like a goat grazing when I try to eat chicken chew chew chew. I am going in for another fill because I try to eat 3 meals a day but am so hungry by the time I eat I am eating to fast or not chewing enough and you know what happens then.

with the band since you can only eat small amounts at a time .. i do 6-8 lil meals a day.. never let yourself get hungry, when your hungry your body holds onto fat , because it thinks its starving.. eat more often and that should help alot . good luck!

I dont keep the bad stuff around the house, period. So I eat very little of it. I keep the fridge and pantry stocked with good foods that I like to eat, and that are band friendly for me. I think it may be easier since I keep looser restriction and can easily eat small portions of chicken, steak, pork chops, bbq, etc...I have few problem foods except breads. If I have a good meal of meat with salad and veggies I am not hungry afterwards and it is much easier to resist the bad stuff. When I was too tight I was eating more crap. I could have Soup for lunch and grab a bag of cheetos 2 hours later because I was hungry.

I have never been a person who liked ice cream or candy...but somedays, icecream or a piece of chocolate is the ONLY thing that I don't vomit back up. I have taken to not eating ALL day long, and after 5 pm if I have a half a cup of icecream and it stays down (which it usually does) then I can follow with a meal of healthy foods. If I try and eat good food like vegies or meat prior to eating icecream...I'll most likely get stuck, and either slime all night after two bites or have to throw up. I'm sticking with the icecream since it makes eating possible.

So far no.. only in liquids, but it seems like healthy liquids go down better than sugary/junk liquids.

I Have Been Wondering The Same Thing. I Can Eat Some Junk Now! When Nothing Else Will Go Down. I Think Because "junk" Is Usually Soft And Melts Or Dissolves Makes It More Easy. I Also Have Been Wondering If I Tense Up And Make My Restriction Worse When I Am Worried Whether Or Not Something Is Going To Be Edible For Me. Probably Another Thing To Kick Around Is What Were Your Comfort Foods? When I Eat Sweets I Have An Overall Calmness, And I Think When You Are Relaxed When You Eat That Makes A Huge Difference. I Can Still Very Rarely Eat Out At A Resteraunt And I Was Banded Over A Year Ago. One To Two Bites And It's All Over. I Get So Worked Up When I Get There (it Doesn't Seem To Matter How Hungry I Am) I Feel Like I Have No Stoma At All. I Take My food Home And Can Usually Eat Pretty Soon After That. Anyone Else Out There Have Problems Eating In Public? I Feel Like A Freak. I Am So Afraid Of Getting Sick Infront Of People.

I have troube eating out too. You have to cut your food up before you eat it. You have to cut it into itty bitty pieces, and chew it to death. It takes a long time to eat that way, but it works. When I eat out, I try to order something that I know won't get stuck. Last time I went out to lunch, I ordered a taco salad. I at all of the ground meat but I still had to chew it until there was nothing left to chew. I didn't eat the lettuce.

I'm much the same. I know never to make plans to have lunch because I can't eat anything before 6 pm. I'm getting better at going out to eat...but I always have to have a small amount of ice cream first...then it will go down. Funny thing is, I never ate much sweets before, and rarely if ever ice cream. I'd rather it be bread or Pasta than sweet stuff, but ice cream always goes down, and so I've taken to blending a little up with a Protein Drink so I can at least get something healthy. I think back to when I thought I'd just be eating small amounts of food and wonder why I didn't know that eating at all would become such a chore. And of course I still have another 20 lbs to lose and it has slowed down to a measley 1-2 lbs. every two months even though I exercise all the time. But I guess I'm still glad I did it. I've lost 45 lbs. and before I had the lap band I couldn't lose a lb. no matter how hard I worked at it.

Omg! Yes! I Couldn't Agree With You More. I Wonder If We Have Swelling Or Something And The Cold From The Ice Cream Reduces It. You Summed It Up Perfectly With The Word "chore". Never In A Million Years Would I Think Eating Was A Chore. It Puts It All Into A Whole New Perspective Doesn't It. Now I Definitely Eat To Live And Not Live To Eat.

Pre-op, one of my favorite junk foods was pizza - post-op, I nearly always PB when I sneak some, no matter how finely I chew it up. Sigh - I really need to learn to leave it alone. Sems like someone has pizza ordered in for work every 3 - 4 weeks. I can resist the initial rush, but hours later, when the last couple of pieces are on the break room table ...

Unfortunately, I've found out crispy Snacks (Cookies, crackers, chips, popcorn) go down fairly easily. Things that gum together (bread, cake, cinnamon rolls) do not. I try to avoid having anything "evil" in the house. No buying a bag of Cookies thinking I'll take them in to work (they don't make it). Ice cream still calls to me - I allow myself to have some every time I lose another 5 pounds, and I'm still losing.

My son brought home my cracker thin crust pizza that he makes for me. This one had 8 pieces. I ate the cheese, bacon and mushrooms and threw the rest to the dog. It bothers me beyond words that I ate what I consider a whole pizza. Even though the dog got most of the crust and half of some pieces.

That is what I experienced. I just went and had my band "unfilled" for two weeks to let the inflammation resolve. I guess it was too tight because now I can eat anything and it all goes down fine. In fact, it's been nice to eat again....but I'm going to have it filled again next week, but not as much. Hopefully I'll find the perfect spot where I can eat normally...small amounts but healthy food.< /p>