Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to Stop Losing...I'm as low as I want to go.

Advice from bandsters who have reached their goal. How did you approach maintenance? Did you allow yourself to continue to lose until you stopped, leaving the band as it was? Or did you get a slight unfill when you got where you wanted to be? If so, how many adjustments did it require to get you back to green?

Edited by PrettyThick1

I believe B52 and GoWalking could offer their stories here!

Throughout the journey I adopted a new lifestyle of healthy eating, nutritious foods, high Protein, Water, etc.....and above all a steady consistent (average) food intake..no overeating...

My body continued to loose weight and settled out on it's own...reached an equilibrium....

I asked my Dr. What Now? and he asked if I was happy, I'm obviously healthy so the foods I'm eating the amounts are good....what else is there to do? If I'm not happy I could get some Fluid taken out, but that's not needed...I am happy and I am eating good...and I am healthy....

Incidentally, I set my own goals and went right past them...

I would not mind being about 5 lbs lighter, but where would it come from? Not body fat....

I do not rely on BMI's..they are only good to a point...then you have to look at your Body Fat% to determine what's left to loose...and too low is unhealthy...

Edited by B-52

I'm not getting an unfill. I like things just as they are.

wow, yall done so well. I did good but gained some lbs back. My band slipped now so starting over since banded in 2007. But from size 24 to 12 isn't bad. I am healthier now than ever. I just have to retrain myself and remember the rules that I got away from. I rather be size 12 or 10 and healthy with the band than size 24 and feel like shit and die early in life.

Of course, if I felt I was getting too skinny, I would take some Fluid out. As a matter of fact, for 2 years after my surgery I had NO energy so I had Fluid pulled out so I could eat more just so I could have some energy.

Congrats Prettythick1 for your success!

Prettythick, there are as many answers as there was questions! Appears that you have to do what is best for you! I had a slip, after reaching goal, and then ended up gaining back some weight, so I am still "technically" in maintenance but trying to lose a bit of my weight. I keep my band at 5cc because I can't tolerate tighter. Others, keep a tight band. It depends on you and your bariatric team! Best wishes, Karen

I like my band on the looser side of green, so I believe maintenance will settle in ok. Right now, I journal my diet and exercise and that's what I'm looking forward to being freed from. I hope it's possible.