Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh My God...Are You Kidding Me?!?!

Yesterday when released from the Hospital, I was given a Script for "Pre-natal Vitamins" (chewable) So my Son dropped off the Script for me, then called me and said, they had to order them, and they would have them in the Morning, no problem. So I call CVS this Morning, asked if they had my Script, "yes we do you can come anytime to pick it up" Great. So I go pick it up, come home open it, and Chew away...Holy Mother of God!!! They gave me the Wrong Ones!!! Not the Chewables...Do you have any idea what these things taste like? Well let me tell you, they taste like Old Rotten Dead Fish...So now I have this taste in my mouth, nose, every time I Burp, there it is!!! Well I wasn't Puking to bad before this, but I'm Puking at a pretty good clip now. And the taste isn't going away! Probably some intern at CVS filled it. I called and just Snapped on the Pharmacist. I mean he was very apologetic, but the fact remains the same, I got the Wrong S!#T, and my Breath smells like a Bag of Old Fish Scales!!!

Assuming you are your avatar, why would they give you prenatals?

I've not come across a prenatal Vitamin. Please share the brand/name if you can. What usually happens is my PCP says "I don't know if there's a chewable available but I will tell them to use it if they have it." I get there, and they're regular non-chewables. This happens frequently. It was a nightmare to get liquid antiemitic.

You poor poor man...

Hello...just call me brooksie or reggie. If you want a good Vitamin without all the crap you have gone through. Get some Centrum Senior CHEWABLES...taste GOOD... If you have any concerns about them being full of real Vitamins they have been tested before and approved by ConsumerLab.com

OMG, I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I swear I am trying to pick myself up off the floor laughing! That is the CRAZIEST thing I've ever heard! I bet you wanted to make that pharmacist chew up a few.

I'd probably try the Centrum chewables after that episode.

Hope the funk leaves you soon!:sick

Donna

I am felling for you -- that is the worst thing in the world -- to get a bad taste in your mouth that won't leave.

Hope you feel better SOON!

Alright guy, youve got to stop being so funny! It hurts to bad to laugh right now! I need to get me some vita-veta-veggimens tomorrow. Im still working on the water!!

Prenatal Vitamins have an aroma that is unique to them. I cannot, to this day, and it's been over 30 years since I was pregnant, catch a whiff of that smell and not gag. If I bit into one, I'm sure I would DIE. Or at least wish that I could.

I second the Centrum advice. They taste GOOD. And you don't need a script (or a pharmacist) for them. Go to Wal Mart - it's the cheapest.

ewwww! ya chewed an unchewable!

seriously though i have a friend who had a full RNY and his dr put him on prenates too. They are great, especially for men whove had the surgery because they contain elements and minerals not found commonly in regular over the counter Vitamins. (you wont lose your hair!) and you will retain a slight GLOW :welldoneclap:

Just get the chewies. Man i wish i could have heard you go off on them. Id have been livid! what if they had screwed up your HEART MEDICINE? Oh dont even get me started.

Yesterday when released from the Hospital, I was given a Script for "Pre-natal Vitamins" (chewable) So my Son dropped off the Script for me, then called me and said, they had to order them, and they would have them in the Morning, no problem. So I call CVS this Morning, asked if they had my Script, "yes we do you can come anytime to pick it up" Great. So I go pick it up, come home open it, and Chew away...Holy Mother of God!!! They gave me the Wrong Ones!!! Not the Chewables...Do you have any idea what these things taste like? Well let me tell you, they taste like Old Rotten Dead Fish...So now I have this taste in my mouth, nose, every time I Burp, there it is!!! Well I wasn't Puking to bad before this, but I'm Puking at a pretty good clip now. And the taste isn't going away! Probably some intern at CVS filled it. I called and just Snapped on the Pharmacist. I mean he was very apologetic, but the fact remains the same, I got the Wrong S!#T, and my Breath smells like a Bag of Old Fish Scales!!!

Yep..this sounds like the liquid Vitamin I was told to get...AWFUL! I use Centrum Chewables---much better and taste like oranges.

"Fish Scales"!!!! That was too funny:biggrin1: ... Try sucking on peppermints, that might help.

Fish heads, fish heads,

Rolly-polly fish heads,

Fish heads, fish heads,

Eat them up, yum!

ewwww! ya chewed an unchewable!

seriously though i have a friend who had a full RNY and his dr put him on prenates too. They are great, especially for men whove had the surgery because they contain elements and minerals not found commonly in regular over the counter Vitamins. (you wont lose your hair!) and you will retain a slight GLOW :)

Just get the chewies. Man i wish i could have heard you go off on them. Id have been livid! what if they had screwed up your HEART MEDICINE? Oh dont even get me started.

Yes and every 28 days you'll find yourself getting a little irritable!!!!ROTFLMAO!

OMG! ROTFLMAO! that is so wrong! funny but wrong! :D

I know I am new here, just got my surgery date yesterday (04-26-07) but I'm not sure why they gave you prenatal vitamins...???:)