Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

I'm not focusing on calories currently but I do log my food and was just wondering about how many you guys are getting in a day? I'm doing really well with my liquids but I find myself forgetting to eat or forcing myself to get something nutritional down.

I have been shooting for 1000, but never come close. I am a week out also and concentrating more on my liquids. Seems impossible to hut 1000 but I guess in time it will get easier.

Surgery was Monday and I have to say I feel like crap. The gas is killer and the pain is real. Today is the first day I have felt like getting up and doing anything. With that being said every day gets better. I do gave a small drain that my doctor says he will take out before I go home. It doesn't hurt or anything. I really can't tell if my incisions hurt yet because of the gas. I have been walking to combat it so we will see if it works. I hope all of you had a safe surgery and are recovering well.

I'm not focusing on calories currently but I do log my food and was just wondering about how many you guys are getting in a day? I'm doing really well with my liquids but I find myself forgetting to eat or forcing myself to get something nutritional down.

I'm only getting like 400-600 at 4 weeks out. My first week or two I probably wasn't getting half of that. I'm still not doing good with Protein yet. Most days I feel like I have to force myself to eat and I want to gag the whole time but I know I'm hungry because I'll be light headed and have a headache.

I've made a game out of it sort of. I have made a calorie goal for each day and it cycles 500,400,300,400,500..... But its hard to even hit the 300.

Surgery was Monday and I have to say I feel like crap. The gas is killer and the pain is real. Today is the first day I have felt like getting up and doing anything. With that being said every day gets better. I do gave a small drain that my doctor says he will take out before I go home. It doesn't hurt or anything. I really can't tell if my incisions hurt yet because of the gas. I have been walking to combat it so we will see if it works. I hope all of you had a safe surgery and are recovering well.

It was day 4 before I felt human. The gas bloat was a killer. Walk some but don't overdo it. It takes time. Try to eat the Soup and stuff they give you. Its gross but it helps move the gas around a bit.

Hi all.day 6 post op..rny...im still pumped up like a micheline tire man...my calves swollen galore...i think im trying to dehydrate myself at this point...ive walked alot...too much?? My stomach lower abs have stretch marks and they are puffy and uuuugly!! Flying home in 5.5 hrs...surgery last wed so i stayed extra days in San Diego to recover glad i did...but need longer.yes ive had to continue with compresson stockins and esp for the flight....like when will this saline and gas go away???[/quote

Don't try to dehydrate. Drinking will actually help move the gases and fluids around. However, 6 days is a long time... If you hit 7 days and still feel like that, call the Dr. I remember sitting on the toilet at the hospital hoping the gas would exit. It took about 4 days.

Okay thanks I was hoping it wasn't just me! I had surgery the 24th and the max I have hit so far is 365 calories lol

I'm 4 weeks out today and I struggle to get 300 calories a day. My Nut wants me to try to get my Protein from food which is so super hard. I try to eat and after a couple small bites I feel like I can't eat anymore. Nut said if I can't get it by the food, drink my protein. I've lost nearly 30 pounds total and I'm really happy about it but I am so tired all the time. I think it's because I'm not getting enough calories. I do feel good though.

Isopure is saving me right now! Got 40 grams of Protein in & 20 oz of Fluid. I hate to dish out $6 a bottle but if that's what it takes I gotta do it!

What flavor do you like? I asked the girl at Vitamin Shoppe which one she recommends, I wanted to try one. She said "none! I think they're all gross!". So that was that. Lol, but I like the fact that they're 40g of protein. Plus the fluid intake.

What flavor do you like? I asked the girl at Vitamin Shoppe which one she recommends, I wanted to try one. She said "none! I think they're all gross!". So that was that. Lol, but I like the fact that they're 40g of Protein. Plus the Fluid intake.

I can tolerate the apple melon, the orange made me want to puke. They aren't the best tasting things but hey they work. Plus I'm sick of the Premier Protein shakes.

What flavor do you like? I asked the girl at Vitamin Shoppe which one she recommends, I wanted to try one. She said "none! I think they're all gross!". So that was that. Lol, but I like the fact that they're 40g of Protein. Plus the Fluid intake.

I can tolerate the apple melon, the orange made me want to puke. They aren't the best tasting things but hey they work. Plus I'm sick of the Premier Protein shakes.< /div>
I will have to look for that flavor. The shakes definitely get sickening.

I can tolerate the apple melon, the orange made me want to puke. They aren't the best tasting things but hey they work. Plus I'm sick of the Premier Protein shakes.< /div>
I will have to look for that flavor. The shakes definitely get sickening.
Apple Lemon is my favorite I mixed it with lemon crystal light and added extra Water

Isopure is saving me right now! Got 40 grams of Protein in & 20 oz of Fluid. I hate to dish out $6 a bottle but if that's what it takes I gotta do it!

I tried isopure during my pre-op because its clear liquid... YUCK!! If you can stomach that, you're stronger than me. lol

When was your surgery? I read someones nut told her 600 to 800 cal....remember low sugar...low fat..and watch that sodium!! Hopefully you are focusing on your milk (calcium) intake...protein intake (60g to 80g) daily...if you aee beyond 2nd week soft foods cottage cheeses...eggs etc.... remember too eat small portions 5x... 6x a day trying to get in the above and tsking your Multivitamins or eating to get other vits and minerals