Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone hoping for an early summer surgery?

I have decided for sure that I want the sleeve but can't take off from work for 2 weeks until June. I am going tomorrow for my required hospital tests (chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound, arterial blood gas and EKG), then need to get a bunch.of blood work done, then meeting with the nutritionist, psychiatrist and surgeon all in March!

I complete my 6 months of nutrition and education classes on June 11. I'll likely be a late June or early July sleever. :)

Edited by keish_lorraine

Yep. I am targeting the second week in June. The kids will be on summer vacation and we are all headed out to Puerto Vallarta. They can enjoy a Mexican beach vacation while I can enjoy my recovery in the comfort of a sweet hotel on the beach!

It's not set in stone yet but that's the plan I'm leaning towards.

I finish my last dr diet supervised visits on June 4. So I'm hoping for June to July. Think we will be approved. I'm going to have every item done that checked. To be approved by the panel the insurance. The say the have a rate of approval.

I have my last class on May 1st. After that I have to do a couple more appointments, so I'm hoping that I'll be scheduled for early June also. Im trying just to take care of everything I possibly can now so that nothing is a set back. My biggest thing right now is the required weight loss....I have to lose 10% of my weight before class is over or that can slow you down. I've been doing good lately so Im hopeful I will have this completed!!

I am self-pay. My surgeon's office said I can schedule it whenever I want, but I'm about to start a 13-week work contract. My tentative plan is to finish that on May 4th, have the surgery the next week, and tell them I can't start another contract until June. So I will be an early-summer sleever!

I'm aiming for the last week of May. I want the kids out of school so that I can heal without worrying about having to go anywhere. I have my first meeting with my surgeon Friday and am anxious to hear of this timeline works for him. My insurance has no requirements for diets, classes etc, so my timing is all up to my MD and what he wants me to do prior.

Edited by triplenmomma

Hopefully I! My first nutrition class is today. After today I have two more, per Aetn. So hopefully I'm looking at May.. getting excited..

I am scheduled to see the nutritionist in two weeks and the psych eval in March. I Don't know what to expect after that because my insurance does not require much (bcbs). Also, my doc told me I need to be tobacco free for 3 months but I'm hoping he will ease up on that for me. Ultimately he said June and the dietician said maybe May.

My last class is June 6th, so I'm hoping for an early to mid july surgery date. I'm guessing after I finish my classes it'll take 4-6 weeks to have everything approved by insurance and do all of my preop stuff. I'm planning on taking 3 weeks off from work. it looks like the surgeon I'm going to recommends at least 2 weeks, but I'm a nurse in a busy OB/Gyn office and want to make sure I'm doing well and have some energy before going back to work.

I'm hoping for the first week of May. My last surgeon visit is April 9th, and then it will get sent out to insurance!

I just started with my first consultation on February 6th, so it's going pretty fast!

I AM! Hoping, anyway. I have my req. visits with NUT & program coordinator Nurse Practitioner on Tues, 02/18. Then, my surgical consult is 03/07. I'm not sure how long it will take to get all of the other tests done, but my ins assured me yesterday that I meet their requirements and that they turn around about 90% of cases for approval in 5 business days! Wow, that is fast! Which is good...I'm impatient. So...if everything else goes right I am hoping for early summer.

Finishing up my required tests and excited for my psych, nutrition and surgeon appointment in 3 weeks. Still hoping for a June surgery.

I have no idea what my timeline is yet, as I've only been to a seminar so far. My official 1st consultation with the surgeon is this Thursday! I'm really hoping to get my surgery in May or June, assuming the process allows me to move that quickly.

I'm planning for a June sleeve as well! That's the earliest I can take the time off from work. I was hoping for sooner but at this point I'm glad to have the time to mentally prepare!