Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enough calories?

Honestly I wouldn't eat before work outs. It is a negative. You want your body burning fat, not what you ate before the workout.

Honestly I wouldn't eat before work outs. It is a negative. You want your body burning fat, not what you ate before the workout.

or it will eat muscle. Munch. Munch.

I was doing a little more research between tracking on Fitbit and MyFitnessPal and I came across this. I thought this was great info and I do agree that MyFitnessPal is much better for tracking your food intake. So I have changed how I track my food and I think its much more accurate. Would love to connect with anyone on MFP, I am Aimeriana101

Once your accounts are linked, it's important that you log your food and exercise ONLY with MyFitnessPal. We will sync your food and exercise diary information to the Fitbit site for you. Logging food or exercise yourself on the Fitbit website is unnecessary, and will lead to incorrect Net Calorie Goal adjustments. For the best experience with the integration, ALL manual entry of Food and Exercises should take place exclusively on the MyFitnessPal site.

Please note that if you are wearing your Fitbit during the day, we recommend that you NOT log any exercise on your MyFitnessPal Exercise Diary that the Fitbit excels at tracking: this includes walking, jogging, running, climbing stairs or hills, or daily home or office activity.

We do recommend that you log any exercise that your Fitbit's "step-based" system would have trouble detecting accurately, such as rowing or, cycling, and of course activities like swimming during which you cannot wear the device.

After 6 months out, I really really really struggle with the concept of all ppl are on the same nutritional plan in "XYZ" Bariatric practice. It's not good science. Your food requirements need to be tailored to you. Your metabolic rate. That's obtained through testing. Are you hungry? That would be the first clue you're not eating enough. Feeling sluggish. Second clue.

You are putting out high cardio and something has to feed your metabolism. I'm not trying to sound harsh. I feel frustrated when bariatric practices appear to drive ppl through like cattle. I'm not saying that's what's happening to you. But I think something is nudging you to better understand what your metabolic needs are. I'd ask for metabolic testing.

I think your instincts are suggesting you are overtraining for the amount of calories you are consuming but you need validation before you increase your calories. I don't think your trying to cheat your sleeve.

If you were losing 3 pounds a month I might not respond with all this ranting. But three pounds over three months on those calories with your level of commitment does not add up.

People can diddle all they want about the best energy sources (complex carbs, fast carbs, fats...) but for health it's about having enough to burn.

Fiddle is right on. You do not want to give up your lean muscle. (For those who don't know, lean muscle is every organ in your body as well as hair as well as what ppl typically think of as muscle. So that's your heart.)

Just feel empowered for your health and wellness. Listen to your self.

I had my surgery 3 years ago....I'm a bander...

I go to the gym at lest 5 days a week, always first thing in the morning..before 6am....

I run 5 miles on the treadmill, then do weights 3 days a week....

I also attend a "Advanced Training" class (aka Bootcamp) on Monday mornings at 5:30am...

I am one who likes to work out on a empty stomach...being fat, I have been storing fat all this fat as an energy source for those coming days of "Famine" when food is scarce and I don't starve...being a "Hunter-gatherer"

When I am working out, I believe I am drawing upon that stored energy source...not anything I have just eaten...I concentrate on burning fat....

Been doing that consistently for 3 years, never had a issue with lack of energy...and can now say I have burned off ALL my excess body fat...my body fat % is now within the "Fit - Athletic" range....

After my workouts, I will have a high Protein Recovery shake...

So now, since I don't have the stored energy source, I need to take a least one Protein shot before heading to the gym...

I should add, I'm 62 years old...