Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 mths po update w/ pics

I had my surgery on July 18, 2013. I didn't check my weight the day of my surgery so I go by what my day 2 po weight was. Which was 321 lbs. My weight as of Jan. 18, 2014 was 246 lbs! Making my total loss by 6 mths a total of 75 LBS! I also weighed myself today January 25, 2014 & I have lost another 3 LBS so that makes my actually loss a total of 78 LBS! I am very proud of myself & also extremely amazed at the differences in my body & my face! I have attached some of my progress pictures. I have also lost approx 32 inches total from my entire body! Just AWESOME is all I can say!

I do need to start getting back to the gym. Things get kinda crazy around here with my very ill Dad so I have not made it very much since the holidays. Which I totally admit I got lazy during the holidays with exercising. I was still losing but could have done better had I still been working out.

I still have some bad emotional days which I am still trying to deal with. But I am still extremely happy with my choice to have this surgery! I am proud of myself for the progress I have made & anxious for what the future will hold! I am so thankful to God for giving me this opportunity of a lifetime to change my life & become a much healthier & happier me. I was scared to death to go through with the surgery & almost bailed out but I feel so much better & happier already & I still have a long way to go but making the choice to get the sleeve was the best thing I have ever done for myself & I could not imagine life without it now.

I have not had to take any diabetic medicine since about nov. I was on 100 units 2x a day of novolog 75/30, Janumet, & invakana just to slightly control it. I am so happy to not have to take all that anymore. I have been holding steady in the normal range so far! I have my 6 mth follow up appt on feb 4th.

This site has helped me very much along my journey. I know that my journey will be completely different then anyone elses & that my pace may be slower then some but may also be faster then others & I am fine with that. I am going to take all the ups & downs & emotional moods with grace & keep my eye on the big picture which is my health. I want to thank everyone who shares their journey, their experiences, their life stories because you all have helped me from reading your stories I know I am not alone & I am reminded daily that I am human & its ok to not be perfect all the time.

Watching my fathers health fail. Seeing him dying & knowing that at any day he could be gone as he is in end stage renal failure & congestive heart failure because he did not take good care of his health. He is a diabetic & did not control his sugars well at all & now pays the ultimate price. He lost his leg below the knee back in 2008 & only had a week to live back then when he finally chose to let them take his leg & has been wheelchair bound since. Then back in May of 2013 about mid way through my process to get my surgery he went into the hospital needing emergency dialysis. A week later when they put in a fistula he died later that night but they were able to bring him back. He was in a coma for 14 days & the doctors tried to force me to trach him or pull the breathing tube but he came out of it only to find out his heart is majorly blocked & he is in congestive heart failure but he chose to not have open heart surgery & asked if I would be upset if he didnt do it. I told him no that I would support him & love & cherish him for whatever time I have left with him. The doctors said I would be lucky to have him through the holidays & well here he is still going strong! I thank god every day for him, every good morning, every goodnight hug & kiss, every I love you! He is not just my Dad he is my best friend!!!!! He is the main reason I had my surgery because I did not want to continue going down the same oath he was. Because I am diabetic as well & was doing exactly what he was not watching my sugars eating whatever whenever. I knew I had to make serious changes & I did!

While my dad laid in his hospital bed I still pushed forward because when he woke up I wanted him to be proud & see me have my surgery. While he was in his coma I was downstairs doing the support groups & meetings & nutritional visit & all. I did gain some weight due to living in the hospital from 7am to midnight & not eating healthy but eating cheaply. But i lost it in time to have my surgery as alot of it was Water weight. My dad was released in the beginning of June & by July 18, 2013 I had my surgery & my dad is my biggest fan! I pray every day he is here a lil longer to see me skinnier, healthier & happier!

Sorry for going on & on.... hope it makes since to you all though.

post-181615-0-47515500-1390707946_thumb.png

[ATTACH]40718[/ATTACH]

post-181615-0-88955700-1390707959_thumb.png

[ATTACH]40719[/ATTACH]

post-181615-0-49716000-1390707970_thumb.png

[ATTACH]40720[/ATTACH]

post-181615-0-69092100-1390707986_thumb.png

[ATTACH]40721[/ATTACH]

Edited by cherbear33

Cherbear, Dang girl you look amazing, and woot woot 78lbs gone forever! Keep up your wonderful job!!

Cherbear, Dang girl you look amazing, and woot woot 78lbs gone forever! Keep up your wonderful job!!

Thank you very much!

Thanks so much for sharing the story, so sorry about your dad, you sound like a wonderful daughter. God Bless you and hang in there.

good job!!

Thank you very much everyone! I have some saggy skin already but I am not even close to being done with losing yet. The extra skin worries me some as well but I will deal with that when it comes time :)

Thanks so much for sharing the story, so sorry about your dad, you sound like a wonderful daughter. God Bless you and hang in there.

My dad is my world! He means everything to me! & I am thankful for everyday I get to spend with him until the dau he is called back home.