Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold intolerance

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? I am absolutely freezing at all times since my surgery. My hands are like ice and I am chilled to the bone all the time! I'm assuming it has something to do with rapid weight loss but wondered if I was the only one?

Oh the cold! I hate the cold! I have nothing other than my own personal experience but yes, I believe it is from the weight loss. I just passed the 2 Year mark of being banded. I thought my body would be 'climatized' by now but it hasn't. I wear a lot of sweaters & turtlenecks! :)

This winter in particular has been the absolute worse. Never before in all my years have I detested winter like I do this year. I was born and raised in New England and I hate the winter. Currently it is 14 but with wind chill it is -1. C'mon Spring!!

No, you're not alone! I've always hated the cold but this winter has been especially unbearable for me. I'm freezing all the time! My hands and feet are like ice and at work I set at my computer all bundled up, my co-workers walk by and laugh, you'd think I was standing outside:-)

Yup! I'm cold CONSTANTLY!! I used to run around in -5 weather with no jacket on! Now, I'm bundled up when it's 30 outside! haha I just say it's because I've lost all my insulation :)

This winter in particular has been the absolute worse. Never before in all my years have I detested winter like I do this year. C'mon Spring!!

I would like this three times if I could!

This weather is just making my bones hurt and my muscles tired, I kind of wish I had stayed home under the covers today!

Yes, freezing here too!! Used to love winter because I was always so HOT...now I can't bundle up enough...always sitting on the couch with a blanket too...my husband laughs! I always have a sweater on too!

My hubby is now hoping the central air won't be so darn cold now come this summer!...LOL

Edited by chasingadream

Yes, freezing here too!! Used to love winter because I was always so HOT...now I can't bundle up enough...always sitting on the couch with a blanket too...my husband laughs! I always have a sweater on too!

My hubby is now hoping the central air won't be so darn cold now come this summer!...LOL

Just cause I have to out him...the hubby who is ALWAYS hot now that he's losing wears thermal socks! He won't say he's cold, but you know he is!!! :)

It really is because we are losing our insulation. Not a bad thing at all though my natural heater is on the fritz you just can't count on that darn menopause to help you out when you want it to!

yes believe it or not it is cold in Florida. To me anything below 60 is cold . I am not complaining much cause I know others up North are having way worse weather than we are. Normally in Winter we don't have prolonged cold days but this year is different. I also have less insulation this Winter so I am freezing. I have long underwear and sweats on today. Went to Zumba this morning and wore my long underwear (silkies) and heavy shirt with jeggings.. even after zumba dancing for 45 min I was not warm.

Same here. Yes, it's mighty cold right now, but it's not like it's never been cold before. I know that the difference is me. Just not the same insulation as before. I've had the heavy comforter on the bed for quite a while now, and just this past weekend, I went out and bought a couple of flannel nightgowns. The ones I bought earlier in the winter would have been more than enough last year, but not now. The ones I bought on Sunday go almost to the ankle...and I still find myself burrowing under the covers.

Also...I'm in a sweater constantly at work, and at home, in long sleeves and sweatpants. And I'm drinking more coffee just to warm up, not to wake up.

Most definitely!!!!! I have lost all that walrus blubber...no more insulation.

i am cold at work as they keep it cold and i complain all the time about it and me having so much pull in the office ahem...i have been there 5 years and still COLD day in and out.......

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

I'm also cold...even in California. Long pants slippers. Shirt and jacket. Heating pad(my best friend) and a blanket. And hubby in t-shirt and shorts. All this just to sit and watch a tv show with him I do now use an electric blanket at night because I can't get into a cold bed and warm it up like I used to. One of the ONLY things I truly is about my fat!