Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the worst thing you've done?

Hey guys!

I'm almost 4 months out and I am now finally noticing a difference physically. I found some pictures that were taken of me 4 months ago, and was shocked! I guess it's because I see myself everyday that I never saw the drastic change!

Anyway, that got me thinking about this journey, and how it all started. By the way, I am a food addict, still struggling in my own ways... But I just realized all the improvements in my life and in my way of eating. Don't get me wrong, what I've been going through since surgery, I'm well aware of (food wise), but it is only now that I am remembering the how crazy my food parties/orgies (for lack of better word) were.

Being a food addict, I have MANY stories to tell about food, but there's this one specific time I remember that is just absolutely awful!

So here's what happened on that day:

I ran out the house to attend a meeting. I knew I was running late, but I stopped at McDonald and got 2 Breakfast meals, and ate them both while driving. Needless to say, I arrived late at my meeting. After the meeting, i was hungry again, so I stopped at panera bread and got a sandwich and a broccoli cheddar Soup with some French bread, and a soda. And they offered a cookie for a dollar more, so I didn't refuse. Afterwards, I drove for 40 minutes to go home, but before going home, right across the community where I live, there's a pizza place. I stopped there and got a slice. But there was a frozen yogurt place right next to it, so I figured why not? And had a big cup of frozen yogurt with all sorts of toppings. Then I went home, looking like an angel who did not just commit all these crimes. I worked a bit at home, then decided to go to cvs, but stopped at Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich meal, and a frosty. After cvs, I decided that I was going to start my "diet" tomorrow, so what the hell, I ordered myself some spring rolls at an asian place, then went to chilis and ordered me some honey chipotle chicken with Mac n cheese and fries, plus their cookie and ice cream dessert. I couldn't finish my meal that time, but I still forced most of it in, and felt so ashamed, I threw the rest away. I then sat in my car for a good minute, because I felt too ill to drive back home right away. And as soon as I felt better, I drove by another restaurant I love and could not resist going in to order my favorite carrot cake. And I ate that too :-(

I shocked at myself just reading this lol. But this was me. And I am so grateful that I made such a positive change to my life, and that I'm doing good too!

Anyone else care to share their worst food party? Or am I the biggest food-party-animal in here? Lol

Edited by EarthyGoalie

Can't compete with that, but here is my awfulness from the past: Mine is fast food related, too.

Before I retired in 2011, my issue was the triple fast food dinner on the way home from work. There was a Burger King just two blocks from the parking garage, so I got the double fish sandwich, large fries, large diet soda. The drive was 27 city miles, 1 1/2 hours most days going home (30 minutes going in, during which I would stop at Burger King for a croissant and cheesy tots and orange juice,, and then drive through Dunkin Donuts for a couple of eclairs)). About 10 miles toward home was a McDonalds, so I would drive through for an frozen yogurt cone and more fries.

Another ten miles in was another McDonalds ,so I would get a burger, MORE fries, and another drink. A few blocks from home I would pick up a McDonalds Southwest chicken salad with 3 packets of Paul Newman's Southwest Dressing for a "healthy" dinner. That's a lot of $$$ I am not spending (every working day) now.

Then during the night my kitchen raid would always include a couple of bananas and maybe a Peanut Butter sandwich and a glass of milk.

The pre-op diet was a nuisance, but it really helped me with Portion Control and accountability. With my new tummy I would explode if I tried to eat so much.

I don't have one big story, rather lots of little food addict stories.

1. In high school (and college) I was obsessed with Dunkin Donuts. I used to play hooky from school to drive 15 minutes away to Dunkin Donuts where I'd get half a dozen strawberry frosted donuts and milk. i'd eat at least 3 in the car and put the rest in my book bag for later and sneak back into school. I did this at least twice a week.

2. In college, i drove to DD and ordered a half dozen. The girl at the counter was like "we have a special. It's only $2 to upgrade to a full dozen". It was too great a deal to pass up!

So i bought a dozen donuts back to my dorm room. I ate six on the way back to school and started to feel sick. I was embarrassed to have gotten so many, so i lied to my roommates and said i had "won" them because I was a frequent customer. No one believed me of course.

3. Another time, a friend and I ordered a pizza, 10 double cheeseburgers and a bucket of chicken w/mashed potatoes and a dozen dunkin donuts, rented a couple movies and gorged all night. I would eat until i felt like i had to barf, then wait it out and eat some more.

4. As an adult they had a deal at Chipotle where it was buy one burrito bowl, get one free. I bought 2 with the intent on eating the second bowl the next day. I ended up eating both bowls in one sitting because it was just so delicious and there.

5. One of the worse times was as a teenager i bought some napoleon ice cream (i hate the chocolate but like vanilla and strawberry). All day at school i kept thinking about that ice cream. I came up and found someone had eaten ALL the vanilla and strawberry and left the chocolate. I was so angry that i slammed the freezer door over and over so hard the door broke

Edited by Comfy_Blue

I dont have one story either b/c gorging myself on food was an everyday thing pretty much. everday id leave for work and stop of to get Breakfast usually at dd or mcds and id get one of those bakery sandwiches hash browns and a large latte or from mcds itd be 4 hashbrowns and 2 sausage biscuits.

As soon as id be almost done at work i would think where i could sneak to eat for lunch. if it was:

Subway- id dog down a foot long sandwich

wendys- spicy chicken sandwich with large fries an order of nuggets, 2 bacon cheeseburgers and lf frosty

taco bell- one of those border bowls 2 tacos and a burrito or 8-10 tacos

pizza- 2 to 3 slices or a chicken roll and slice

then id go home and start cooking dinner and eat that and then snack later on.

thinkng about this now makes me feel sick to my banana sized stomach. even though its only a little over two months out i really dont miss the food, i dont miss that feeling that i have to unbutton my pants cus i cant breathe.