Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new Dr. and new surgery date..bummmm

:) Hi all, today they called, and my Dr. is out on emergency family leave, and if I dont want to wait for him, well....I don't want to wait so I am having a different Dr. and ....they moved the date behind 4 days. It all is not so bad, I was just bummed for a while today. You all know how THAT date is so important!!!! But, I always believe the glass is half full, and Praise The Lord, the best medicine is a merry heart! So all look up with me. Thanks.

They finally called, eh? I really wish they'd post something on their site, or call everyone at once, instead of waiting until almost your appointment day and *then* springing it on us. But then again we've discussed their lack of organization around there, haven't we? Doesn't make it any easier, though. Grrrr.

I'm very sorry it got bumped back, and I know this doesn't help much, but at least it is only four days. Four more days to gather those last minute supplies and buy some more good books to read post-op? Like you I try to look at it as glass half-full. (Like with them bumping me back twice for my appointment, I used the time to get even more ducks in a row.)

Boo Boo Kitty had Dr. Wagner as an assist in her surgery, she said he's just WONDERFUL. I'm seeing him Tueday, so I'll let you know what I think (I've been dealing with surgeons for more years than I care to admit, I'm very, very particular.)

Not too much longer now... I'll count down with ya!

Hugs,

Faith

I promise you both you will love Dr. Wagner, if you don't love him, beat me! :) lol..... I am a very tough critic, trust me. I am not a fan of Dr's.

I am sorry they moved your surgery back, but it is 4 more days to get it together! :)

Thanks Faith and Brandy for your encouragement!! I know it is just 4 days and I should not complain. I hope they are getting things in order, that is scary. Faith do you think your surgery will be in April also? What do you have left to get done for it? Or, are you just waiting on Hurley?

I've finished all I'll need to (hopefully). I have my psych eval, my letters of clearance for the cardiologist (one from the NP, one from the doctor) copies of all my EKG's for the past year, my stress tests for the past year, my labs, and Hurley already has me MD notes.

Now its waiting.

Thanks Faith and Brandy for your encouragement!! I know it is just 4 days and I should not complain. I hope they are getting things in order, that is scary. Faith do you think your surgery will be in April also? What do you have left to get done for it? Or, are you just waiting on Hurley?

Margi told Faith never to wait on Hurley! Once she gets everything together I think she should send it in. WHILE THEY ARE GREAT DRS THERE, THEY SUCK AT THE OTHER STUFF! :girl_hug:

Margi at least they haven't cancelled it alltogether...geeesh how fustrating would that be...4days...not so bad when you think of it that way...anyhow good luck and keep us posted on how you go with the new dr and everything.

:P becky

My doc does his surgeries on Thursday's. He broke his hand on a tuesday and had to cancel at least two weeks of surgeries the next day...well, he puts us on a liquid diet for a week prior to surgery...I couldn't imagine if I were one of the patients thinking "tomorrow is the BIG day" and getting that call!!! "Sorry, we're going to have to reschedule you and can't give you a date until the cast comes off in two weeks!" Can you imagine? liquid fasting for six days and then told it is post poned indefinitely!?!?!?! I would have freaked!!! He was so funny though...I asked how he was feeling, and he looked at me so surprised and said "Thank you for asking, I'm doing MUCH better". He later told me that none of his post poned surgery patients gave a rats patootee about his broken hand! LOL

Anyway...I feel for ya...in a few months this will all be a distant memory :P Hang in there :mad:

:hippie: Hello, I am 36 and from St. Louis. I was banded on February 8, 2007 just days after my birthday. What a great birthday gift to myself. I found this website very informative and thought that I would join in. So far my experience has been fine. I've lost 17 pounds since surgery. I had my first fill yesterday and it went fine. I wasn't sure what to expect and was just fasinated with the way my doctor did it. He said that he's aggressive with his fills and went with 3cc's on the first fill. I can't really tell a difference yet because he had me on liquids yesterday, mooshies today and then back to regular food on Friday. I've only had yogurt this morning. I hope to continue to get more great information from this site and will continue to keep everyone updated on my journey and support/support/and more support. Have a great day! Peace Out! :kiss2: