Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is set for March 3rd 2014. I'm having a problem with not ever feeling full! Today has been terrible! Has anyone else been like this before being sleeved? If I'm hungry now, what's it gonna be like during the pre opt diet? Ugh!

Stacie

Before surgery.?! My guess would be, just about everyone. I ate all the time. That's how I got so big. I don't quite understand why you would think your hunger would diminish before surgery. That's kinda the point of getting the surgery.

As far as the pre-op diet. Mine was liquid only, and it was a bear the first two days. Then I just kept telling myself, "don't blow it, the surgery is very soon now. You'll get thru it.

Because it's worse then ever now! No matter what I eat I can't get full!

Sounds like you might be stressed. That's always been a hunger trigger for me. You have got to get yourself in the right mindset. It's not about being full, its about being satisfied. We always want more, that's why we are all going the surgery route. Have you started your Protein shakes yet? Protein satisfies that hunger urge more than anything. Once you have limited yourself on daily calories, it will get easier but you still have to keep reminding yourself that you have to be disciplined so you are physically prepared for the surgery. Being physically ready will minimize any problems. I think you maybe overly nervous about the upcoming surgery and you are looking to food for comfort (yeah, been there) You can do this!! Keep your eye on the prize because March 3 will be here very soon. Imagine how you are going to look and feel at each stage of weight loss and the things you will be able to do. Project yourself into that happy place....thinner and full of energy.

I think we all eat more prior to surgery especially at our favorite restaurants and favorite foods because we are saying goodbye to them. You might be having some head games going on because you know your going to be making a major change in your life. A word of caution however, I have seen people scheduled for their surgery only to have it postponed because they gained weight and their surgeon didn't like it. Ask yourself are you really hungry and what is the motivating factor behind wanting more food. If you are genuinely hungry then you are.......find something low in carbs and begin training yourself to eat foods that will fit into your new diet once the surgery is done.

You're in pre-surgery freak-out! I couldn't stop eating either, but I got thru the pre-op liquid diet by repeating to myself "it's temporary". It does require determination but if I was able to do it you will be able to also.