Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi everyone hope your all well and happy!!

I am convinced my band has slipped! now i know you guys are thinking well how do you know this but all off a sudden i started getting ill about 4 days ago. nothing would stay down and i could barley eat anything. 2 spoons of cornflakes and i would need to go and be sick. i taught it was a tummy bug at first so i stuck with it but the next day it got worst and i could barley hold Soup down. when i eat even a little Soup or drink Water i get a really sore pain in my back ( i know that again prob sound strange) basicly i feel like crap and i'm taking as much Neurofen as i can.

i rang ACS and they said Dr, Jan wasn't there and there was nothing they could do till friday and i was to go in then. i was not too impressed at all and i said '' i hope i live that long'' and she said 'Dont be exgagerating' i was in shock i know maybe i was a little but i really do feel that bad but for her to say it in her checky voice. WELL WELL WELL........

so i'm going in on friday it will be early that i go in if anyone else in going in on friday let me know love to meet you.

apart from not being about to eat anything i'm great. i now weight 9 stone 5lbs which i am loving. ( 133lbs ) 3 lbs shy of loosing 5 stone. gosh i never taught i'd see the day!! 1 was in top shop today and was buying size 10 tops my goodness it felt so good and i felt my age not like when i had to buy in evans.

whats happening with the meeting is it still going ahead for Sat, i'll be there if it is but Friday night i am going on a major session!! so i'll be a state on sat.

lots of love to all

xox

p.s Coco hope all go's well today with your opp on your legs. x

Yo Dini, hope you are feeling better today. I feel exactly like that too. I dont think my bands slipped though i think it may be too tight. I just had a fill last week and its probably just settling in. Last night for example I had a quarter of a crab cake for dinner and i was pbing. Oh and about two slices of carrot.

Im hesitating about having my pinhead oatmeal know as Im off to the gym (see Coco I joined) and I dont want to be pbing into my towel.

Yes yes coco you gave me the last push I needed to get my Breakfast roll over to the gym and join. And I thank you for that. The day I joined I done a spin class. Woweeee. My butt cheeks are still sore from it. I done one the following day to but I could hardly sit down:lol: . I had my assessment on Monday and I told the guy I was planning on doing the spinning and he advised me that the spinning isnt the best option for me at the mo. He said in a spin class you reach whats called the fat burning stage for only about 10 mins whereas the programme he gave me will have me in that stage for most of it. I hope he is right but I am still going to done 1 class a week.

Better bo off to my gym now and lose some more lbs. Oh yeah btw im down 14kgs as of 10 secs ago. Woo hoo

Hey Alesha, congrates on joingin the gym wish i was there with you. i really need to start toning up! hey more weight off that great too keep it up and that dress of yours will have to be taking in so much it will look like a different dress! believe it or not that actually happened to a girl i know. she bought a dress lost almost 4 stone and was told she;s be better off buying a new dress she said no she just wanted it taken in and i'm telling you it was not the same dress i saw he tryon that day in town ha ha

anyways best get back to my baby here she's ruining the house.

xox

Hi all,

At the moment I feel lousey, I was banded on 17th December and was down 17lb with 2ml. I had a fill on 4th January and still feel no restriction. I'm not expecting miracles but am eating only healthily and am very conscious of what I am putting away. I have appointment with Lou on 2nd February, could have had one on 26th but its my daughters 21st.

Hi all,

At the moment I feel lousey, I was banded on 17th December and was down 17lb with 2ml. I had a fill on 4th January and still feel no restriction. Actually i am gaining weight. About 5lbs. I'm not expecting miracles but am eating only healthily and am very conscious of what I am putting away. I have appointment with Lou on 2nd February, could have had one on 26th but its my daughters 21st. My port seems to have turned and is quite sore and tender, is this unusual? I started to take Vitamin tablets, Vitamin C 1000, and Centrum but I find the tablets huge and they sometimes feel as if they are stuck, any suggestions for other Vitamins?

hi coco and all de lap band girls. Coco i hope your op is over and you are doing good.I hope you have lots of help for a while, take full advantage of it,it may be a long time before you get to put your feet up again.You can chat to all your buddies here. I for one love to read your posts you always have great advice to give,and God knows we need it(i need it ) still no change in my weight,ill be off again in early feb maybe this will be my luckey one. if not then ill be one step closer to it . I feel in a 6ml band fill 3 should be getting close. what do you think?

TALK SOON LUV ROE

Hi Everyone,

I just feel well enough today to come on the computer. The leg was fine it was the rest of me that took time to recover, I felt like I was body slammed against a wall by hulk hogan! I felt so bad I phoned the hospital the next day to check was it normal to feel this bad and I was told by this very cheerful nurse that yes it was and to also expect a feeling of really bad jet lag.:eek: I have to say all of the staff that I came in contact with in Loughinstown were absolutely lovely, they couldn't have been nicer to me.:)

So Dini, you may well need a slight defill, but it might be as well to ask for an xray just to check. Sometimes a defill for a short time can fix a slip. But well done on the weight loss. Size 10 :mad:. I hope you are feeling better soon but don't wait too long to get it sorted.

Thanks to all of you who wished me well. I am from today well on the road to full recovery, I'm not supposed to drive till tuesday, but my darling husband who has been so terrific this past week and basically stepped into my shoes for the whole time, has to go back to London tomorrow,(work) so I'll have to be able to drive from tomorrow.

Talk soon.:cool2:

Hi all,

At the moment I feel lousey, I was banded on 17th December and was down 17lb with 2ml. I had a fill on 4th January and still feel no restriction. Actually i am gaining weight. About 5lbs. I'm not expecting miracles but am eating only healthily and am very conscious of what I am putting away. I have appointment with Lou on 2nd February, could have had one on 26th but its my daughters 21st. My port seems to have turned and is quite sore and tender, is this unusual? I started to take Vitamin tablets, Vitamin C 1000, and Centrum but I find the tablets huge and they sometimes feel as if they are stuck, any suggestions for other Vitamins?

Hi Paulina,

You are lucky to have lost so much with such little restriction, usually it takes 3 or even 4 fills before you hit your sweet spot. (The restriction that allows you lose weight every week) Your port will move around quite a bit in the beginning until it finds a place its happy to latch on to. It took me about 3 months to stop noticing my port, I stopped being concious of it when I was going to sleep and when I moved around in that time. As for vitamin tablets, if you are eating a healthy diet you should be getting all your vitamins but if your worried you can get them in liquid form, a good multi vitamin covers you for everything. Good luck with your fill on the 2nd and take it easy you've only just been over a month banded.:)

Yo Dini, hope you are feeling better today. I feel exactly like that too. I dont think my bands slipped though i think it may be too tight. I just had a fill last week and its probably just settling in. Last night for example I had a quarter of a crab cake for dinner and i was pbing. Oh and about two slices of carrot.

Im hesitating about having my pinhead oatmeal know as Im off to the gym (see Coco I joined) and I dont want to be pbing into my towel.

Yes yes coco you gave me the last push I needed to get my Breakfast roll over to the gym and join. And I thank you for that. The day I joined I done a spin class. Woweeee. My butt cheeks are still sore from it. I done one the following day to but I could hardly sit down:lol: . I had my assessment on Monday and I told the guy I was planning on doing the spinning and he advised me that the spinning isnt the best option for me at the mo. He said in a spin class you reach whats called the fat burning stage for only about 10 mins whereas the programme he gave me will have me in that stage for most of it. I hope he is right but I am still going to done 1 class a week.

Better bo off to my gym now and lose some more lbs. Oh yeah btw im down 14kgs as of 10 secs ago. Woo hoo

Hey Alesha,

Well done you, I'm delighted you joined the gym you will be a right stunner at this wedding of yours.:) Of course since my VV op I'm restricted from exercising for at least 4 weeks:rolleyes:, although that doesn't include walking so I might try some of that:lol:

Congrats on the weight loss, hope it continues.

hi coco and all de lap band girls. Coco i hope your op is over and you are doing good.I hope you have lots of help for a while, take full advantage of it,it may be a long time before you get to put your feet up again.You can chat to all your buddies here. I for one love to read your posts you always have great advice to give,and God knows we need it(i need it ) still no change in my weight,ill be off again in early feb maybe this will be my luckey one. if not then ill be one step closer to it . I feel in a 6ml band fill 3 should be getting close. what do you think?

TALK SOON LUV ROE

Hey Roe,

Thanks for the kind words, I feeling fine now. I think you should be getting pretty close to your sweet spot with this fill. Just remember to eat normal foods and chew chew and chew and then chew some more. Give yourself a few minutes between spoonfulls if you want to prevent PB's and sliming. Its hard at first but you'll soon get used to it. Good luck.:)

hi all, have just signed up to this site

i am booked for banding in france at end of april and flying over from norrthern ireland.

bit scared about it all (chicken that i am) but know i need to do sommat about my increasing weight. my biggest concern is that at present i can wolf down 2 man size portions of meals if the need takes me. this is purely cos i can and not that im still hungry... but concerned non the less that im still gonna feel hungry after i have the lap surgery,

it would be nice to hear from someone from ''up north'' thats been through. ok im rambling on now so ill leave it for now

bye

SkinnyIrishBabe

I've just seen your before and after pics on PIX thread. You look absolutely amazing. Well done!!! There is such a difference. You so live up to your name.

I love seeing these pictures, they really spur me on.

:wink2:

Elsie

hi all, have just signed up to this site

i am booked for banding in france at end of april and flying over from norrthern ireland.

bit scared about it all (chicken that i am) but know i need to do sommat about my increasing weight. my biggest concern is that at present i can wolf down 2 man size portions of meals if the need takes me. this is purely cos i can and not that im still hungry... but concerned non the less that im still gonna feel hungry after i have the lap surgery,

it would be nice to hear from someone from ''up north'' thats been through. ok im rambling on now so ill leave it for now

bye

Hi Lulabelle,

Welcome to the site and our thread. Not from up north, but have been banded and as an ex volume eater (thanks to the band), want to let you know that you've made the right decision. The mistake most of us make is that we think that as soon as the band is inside us that we will magically lose the weight without any input from us. Well, I hate to burst the bubble, but, it takes time. After the op you will lose a lot in the first week, for me it was 9lbs. But that was it for the next 4 weeks. It takes up to six weeks for the swelling to go down and for the band to settle in place. You won't be offered a fill for between 4-6 weeks after the band op. After that it usually takes between 3 and 4 fills before we start to lose weight regularly, ie. every week. The band is fantastic. No doubt about it. I can eat a small amount of food and feel full for ages. It took me a while to get rid of the head hunger, and that still comes back to haunt me sometimes, but my band won't let me feed the head hunger if I try I will throw it up. Another secret is to learn how to eat slowly, I used to inhale my food and the band won't let me do that, I must chew chew and chew and then put the fork down between mouthfulls. Usually after 3/4 mouthfulls I will stop eating for up to 10 mins and then start again slowly. It has changed my eating habits and having my band with me all the time makes sure that life doesn't get in the way of my eating and no matter how I'm feeling I never overeat. I wish you lots of success with your band and keep posting and let us know how your doing.:wink2: