Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

the band is amazing! few days into it and i feel great. weight is falling off. I'm stuffed really quick. not missing food at all. best invention ever.

Hi SIB, well done on having the band, your on the losing side now :clap2::clap2::clap2:. Hope you continue to feel full :biggrin1:.

Hi Dini, Hope you're doing good, I was up in Owenstown Clinic on Tuesday and I was thinking of you, I almost went up to see you but then I thought I'll wait for you to let us know how you got on.

Hope everyone else is good.

hey skinny,

i'm so not doing well. the shoulder pain was so bad and now my back and tummy are killing me. being thin best be worth it. i was in the room with 6 lovely ladies which was great. you sound like your doing amazingl let me know how you are?! i honestly want to hurl up and cry!!

hi everyone

let me know how you all are

...it has been so long since I checked in here that I got sent a reminder email from the site to come visit!!! I have been very busy in work over the last few weeks, working 13-14 hour days which has been good for distracting me from not overeating. However, I just need a fill. I haven't had any restriction in 4 weeks now and as a result I am eating as much as the fella can at meal times! The only reason that I am still slowly loosing the weight is because I am still exercising but I know that if I wasn't eating as much that I would be seeing greater weight loss results! I also haven't eaten any crap when I am eating and keeping to healthy salads and Proteins takes a whole lot of willpower and I didn't think I signed up for all this to use willlpower!! How is everyone else who is 1 - 3 months banded coping with the feeling of hunger?

...it has been so long since I checked in here that I got sent a reminder email from the site to come visit!!! I have been very busy in work over the last few weeks, working 13-14 hour days which has been good for distracting me from not overeating. However, I just need a fill. I haven't had any restriction in 4 weeks now and as a result I am eating as much as the fella can at meal times! The only reason that I am still slowly loosing the weight is because I am still exercising but I know that if I wasn't eating as much that I would be seeing greater weight loss results! I also haven't eaten any crap when I am eating and keeping to healthy salads and Proteins takes a whole lot of willpower and I didn't think I signed up for all this to use willlpower!! How is everyone else who is 1 - 3 months banded coping with the feeling of hunger?

Hey allure,

You need a fill and you need to book one, you didn't sign up for hunger or willpower because if that worked we wouldn't need the op. Phone and tell them how you are feeling and they should give you a fill. I didn't feel properly restricted untill I had 4cc in my band and once you get that feeling you will lose 2lbs a week more if you exercise. It is important to exercise because you need to tighten up all those places that need tightening. :):)

I've lost so much weight now that my band has slipped to a wider part of my stomach and I may need to have it repositioned. Will know more in the next week or so. Don't freak out this doesn't happen to everyone just a few and I guess I one of the lucky ones :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes.

Dini, you will feel better, I had the wind pains but they will disappear on day three. Keep walking around and take the pain killers they work. Oh and if you feel really bad, stand on the scales, it will cheer you up. Try it. :):):)

Got to go and tuck the kids in. Love to all. It is worth it.

Hi

Can anyone tell me how soon after being banded does the restriction pass. I just feel full all the time. I've lost 8lb since last saturday although i'm happy to be loosing i'm a bit concerned i'm loosing too quick, and i would like to eat a bit more as one or two spoons and i'm full.

Dini,

Day one and two after being banded i felt terrible but since then i feel great. it is so so worth it.

Oh and i had my driving test yesterday and i passed, first time trying. Life is looking up!

Hi

Can anyone tell me how soon after being banded does the restriction pass. I just feel full all the time. I've lost 8lb since last saturday although i'm happy to be loosing i'm a bit concerned i'm loosing too quick, and i would like to eat a bit more as one or two spoons and i'm full.

Dini,

Day one and two after being banded i felt terrible but since then i feel great. it is so so worth it.

Oh and i had my driving test yesterday and i passed, first time trying. Life is looking up!

Hi SIB

Don't worry about the weight loss at this stage, your stomach is swollen from the op and it will take a few weeks to reduce completly. The weight loss at this stage is great, enjoy it. It won't continue at this rate. Glad to hear your doing so well. You should be able to eat more normally by week two and by week six you will be begging for a fill. :biggrin1::biggrin1:. Make sure to sip plenty of Water up to your meals and then none for an hour after. Eat plenty of Protein at this stage it helps the healing process. At this stage custard is good as are slimfast drinks and yogurts. When you are able to eat hard food always eat your Protein first, then your veg and then your carbs. (FYI Potatoes are not a vegetable, they are a carb.) Enjoy the feeling of fullness. Try to get your head round it, it took me 12 weeks in total to learn about the band and get used to it, its a huge psycological shift from eating all you want to all you need. Good luck and welcome to the losing side. :):):)

thanks coco,

I'm looking forward to be able to fit a bit more in. was worried i'd never eat again!

Your welcome and I was so busy blurbing on I forgot to congratulate you on passing your driving test. Well done. :clap2::clap2::). Your insurance will be so much cheaper now.:)

Hi Girls

What do you say to us choosing a time in the evening to go to one of the chat rooms on this site to talk as a group???? It might be fun.

hi everyone!

coco i think a chat with all of us would be super. you should have some up to me on tuesday, believe it or not i heard then talking about you or to you on he phone but i knew exactly who they were talking about!!

skinny your doing amazing! congratulations on passing your test! how are you feeling ?

lipgloss how did your consulation go today? you stil going ahead with it.

Allure, you've lost lost of weight thats fab. thats for the text and the call it ment so much to me!

I'm stating to feel a lot better. the past 3 days have been a nightmear but its getting better!!

let me know how everyone is

Coco, you are so right I know I need a fill except I could not get to talk to anyone in ACS this week as I was working all over Ireland this week and was out of phone coverage so much. I know Jerome is out of the country now again for 2 weeks but I am working in Dublin on Monday and I'm going to make some me time to make the appointment for the fill. I am really struggling with the not over eating at the moment. I still haven't resorted to eating any crap - sweets, cakes, crisps or chocoalte but I know I am only a short way away from feeling the need for even a small taste and then I know I will be on a rocky eating road again. I am loosing weight but this is because I am an exerciser and always have been so I have increased my exercise to keep away from the food.< /p>

My fella keeps saying "sure you're eating the same amount as me and we've paid €10k for that!!". He is only joking but it is making me conscious that I need to do something quick to make sure that band starts to do its job!

Dini, I know you're doing well after your initial pain cos I'm talking to you & SIB you seem to be getting on well too. What I've written up above will show you that once you have the band that you are 100% more concious of what you put in your mouth and that you start to respect your band and try not to overdo the eating for fear of hurting it, even when you don't have restriction!! I was lucky because I had restriction for 4 weeks after being banded. The other girls that got banded with me lost their restriction after 2 weeks and then really struggled until their first fill. The best advice I have if or when you get to that stage is to keep coming on the site for advice and support - it's mostly referred to as BAND HELL here on the site!

I'd definatly be on for having an online chat and I'm sure we're nearly due another meet up face to face soon?

can I ring and book a fill? I'm ment to be on liquids but i'm bloody starving! what happened to the restriction!

Just eat thicker Soups and have mashed potato with blended veggies and loads of gravy. This worked for me during my liquid/mushies stage. I think if you eat like this instead of just liquids you will feel restriction. You most likely have a fill scheduled for 3-4 weeks time but if after another few days you are still totally hungry despite eating mushies then give them a call.