Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve chain...

I was told about the sleeve by a friend of mine who found out from a friend of hers who knew a couple that both had it done...and I'm sure it goes on...

Now I have had one friend get the sleeve after me - booked within two months - and two more friends who have now booked theirs in the coming months. Might I add these two were probably the most critical of me for getting the sleeve but now are 'converted' after seeing my success.

I was wondering if this is most peoples experience? Now that you have the we've do you know someone getting it done after you?

The sleeve chain has benefits and risks I think...it's great for people like myself who were willing, ready and committed for the changes in life that the sleeve brings on. Others I think jump in unprepared and expecting a magical 'cure', and of course the results vary greatly depending on this.

I'm excited and nervous for my friends who've booked their surgery, I want them to be ready for it! Do you have a sleeve chain story??

...I am part of a chain...2 people in my office had the sleeve done, then me, now another... well, actually she wanted the sleeve, but was convinced the RNY was better for her... My sister and my therapist both had WLS done about 10 years ago and both have said, if they could do it all over again, they would have gone with the sleeve...

I am loving my sleeve, it is a great tool... I did my research... it helps a great deal to understand everything about this surgery, as it is SURGERY... but I don't regret one moment of it, and am an advocate of the sleeve for anyone that asks!

My sister did it first and was very successful. It was nice to see how she felt and what she ate. She was nervous that she had convinced me to do this, but for me it was my own journey (just nice to see the impact).

A neighbor down my street, the mother of my daughter's friend, an ex-boss of mine (and his wife) all influenced me into getting sleeved. I *may* have influenced my customer into getting sleeved and have been asked and talked to others about it.

I am part of the chain gang. A friend had his sleeve in August. I went in October, and now my BF is getting his in the next month or two. And perhaps my daughter sometime in the future. And lastly, my sister-in-law is looking into it.

I have several clients that had rny and tried to convince me to have wls. I went with the sleeve but am still part of the group. Several of my clients have asked about the sleeve and recommended it for their friends or family to look into. The best gift I've been able to give is the recommendation of this forum to my wls friends.