Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First time failure ;-(

January 5th was my 3 month anniversary and I'm down 65 pounds! Super happy! Finally feeling good, no nausea or discomfort.

But, today, I was in such a funk and I turned to food like I used to. I ate Cookies and chips. I can't believe after 3 months long, hard recovery, I would let myself down like that. I NEED to break that old habit or all of this investment, time and hardship will end up being in vain. I can't do this to myself.

I feel like I really failed - B I G time. I need to replace my "down' days with healthy habits. I am walking and writing and doing my photography but old habits die hard. i just can't afford to let myself go and start forming these bad actions all over again.......

......boo.

Don't knock yourself down too much. I believe all of us go through this. Mine actually took a week after surgery lol. I sucked on a chip like there was no tomorrow. I wanted to kick myself, but it was enough in sucking the damn chip to curb my desire. I found a website that you may want to look into for bariatric Snacks. I'm placing an order tomorrow. The key is in moderation. Just a few to curb that appetite we long for. So, now that you've done it. Lets get back on track and forge forward. Good luck. http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com

One battle does not a war decide. You have the enemy on the run. He turned and drew you back into old ruts. You already have him identified. You have a plan of action. He's toast.

We walk, we stumble, we fall, and then we get right back up!!!!!! So this happened to you sooner then you thought it might. Or you thought you had it beat or that it would never happen to you.....You are facing it head on..And admitting to it right here for us to read and encourage you to go forward....

Two things you need to know: 1 it will happen again, and 2 it is all in your head.

Habits die hard and this is a tool to give you time to fix what goes on in your head.. That is the hardest part of all of this..Changing how we think and finding out why we got here, why we needed this surgery...We turned to food for comfort..That became our normal!

It will take a lifetime of being careful, making mistakes and finding out who you are...That is the nature of the beast...

Dust yourself off and get going. Today is a new day. Yesterday is gone...You got this hun.........

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

I had my surgery on 9/11 Im almost 120 days out. I too have turned to old habits on a very couple weak moments. The difference? I noticed the behavior and didn't spiral out of control. Instead, I brushed myself off. I actually FORGAVE myself (new experience lol) and that was the end of it.

This is a learning experience, and we cannot let ourselves get caught up in a mistake.

And, CONGRATS on your successes this far :)

One battle does not a war decide. You have the enemy on the run. He turned and drew you back into old ruts. You already have him identified. You have a plan of action. He's toast.

Sounds to me like he's Cookies, actually. :D

LOL..I always thought so too!!!!!!!!

January 5th was my 3 month anniversary and I'm down 65 pounds! Super happy! Finally feeling good, no nausea or discomfort.

But, today, I was in such a funk and I turned to food like I used to. I ate Cookies and chips. I can't believe after 3 months long, hard recovery, I would let myself down like that. I NEED to break that old habit or all of this investment, time and hardship will end up being in vain. I can't do this to myself.

I feel like I really failed - B I G time. I need to replace my "down' days with healthy habits. I am walking and writing and doing my photography but old habits die hard. i just can't afford to let myself go and start forming these bad actions all over again......

.....boo.

Glad you are getting support, you haven't let anyone down not even yourself.

Think it would help us all if we changed the language we use about what we do. That might sound a bit trite but you made a mistake and you will put it right. You haven't failed, there was no exam or test - you did a human thing that you're not happy with. But that doesn't make you a failure.

I know that, in the past, I have repeatedly done the wrong thing because after the first mistake I branded myself a failure - and that seemed to give me permission to carry on doing the wrong thing because what did I have to lose???

People can confuse kindness with weakness but they are so wrong. We can be strong and still be kind and forgiving of ourselves if we are to learn and move on. Being kind to yourself will pay off in a way that beating yourself up never will....

Been there, got the scars :-))))) So time to let yourself move forward, I wish you all the best and well done on a fantastic weight loss so far!

Edited by Indigo1991