Joining Weight Watchers after Gastric Sleeve surgery.

24 posts in this topic

Well, I joined but haven't been following because the following day( after I joined), I ended up in the ER with Kidney stones. I barely have an appetite, am doped on on painkillers, waiting for the stone to pass. The only thing I could handle for dinner was toast. I know, not good, but I cant stomach Protein right now.

Regarding the 1100 calories, I usually eat one low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 2 turkey sausage, `1 slice 2% cheese for breakfast). I don't finish the entire thing. I drink 1 iced coffee( sugar free syrup, 4tbls of half and half). I eat almost an entire lean cuisine for lunch. I eat the Protein first, then some of the rice/pasta and veg. For dinner, I eat chicken or fish, salad and maybe some veg. I have a Premier Protein ready to drink shake in the afternoon. Sometimes, if I am hungry, I have a balance bar. That equals about 1000-1100 calories. I don't think I am eating a lot of food. It sure doesn't feel like a lot.

When the stone passes, I am going back to the gym and going to limit my carbs. WW has a new plan, you don't count points, just focus on lean protein, low-fat dairy, veg, fruit and whole grains. I am going to follow my Dr's plan, however I am going to use the meetings for support and to keep track of my weight loss.

Well, I joined but haven't been following because the following day( after I joined), I ended up in the ER with Kidney stones. I barely have an appetite, am doped on on painkillers, waiting for the stone to pass. The only thing I could handle for dinner was toast. I know, not good, but I cant stomach Protein right now.

Regarding the 1100 calories, I usually eat one low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 2 turkey sausage, `1 slice 2% cheese for breakfast). I don't finish the entire thing. I drink 1 iced coffee( sugar free syrup, 4tbls of half and half). I eat almost an entire lean cuisine for lunch. I eat the Protein first, then some of the rice/pasta and veg. For dinner, I eat chicken or fish, salad and maybe some veg. I have a Premier Protein ready to drink shake in the afternoon. Sometimes, if I am hungry, I have a balance bar. That equals about 1000-1100 calories. I don't think I am eating a lot of food. It sure doesn't feel like a lot.

When the stone passes, I am going back to the gym and going to limit my carbs. WW has a new plan, you don't count points, just focus on lean protein, low-fat dairy, veg, fruit and whole grains. I am going to follow my Dr's plan, however I am going to use the meetings for support and to keep track of my weight loss.

Feel better soon! That's a real ouch you are going through. Hugs!

For what it is worth, that seems like more food than I eat now at 5 months. I would definitely talk to your surgeon about how much food you can get down. I couldn't possibly eat an entire Lean Cuisine, maybe half. I rarely get in more than 200 calories at a meal. And just a suggestion, I would cut out the half and half and switch to low fat or skim milk while you are losing, just a thought. That half and half is about 80 calories right there. It adds up.

How did weight watchers work out for you?