Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blue Cross Blue Sheild Federal Approval

I am so excited I just got the call from blue cross blue Sheild Federal that my request was approved and my letter will be mailed out. My doctor submitted the docs on 12/30/13 and I was approved 01/02/2014. I am scheduled to be sleeved on 01/14/2014. This has got to be my year.

CONGRATS! My surgery coor. just called me this morning to inform me that she submitted everything this am hopefully I will hear something soon I have BCBS of AL and im on pins and needles!!

Congrats. I'm still waiting on my appeal with BCBS of Alabama. I've called my surgeon's office during business hours, but can't get them to call me back with an update. I am about to get depressed with no news....

Hey Lady_H ---- I know exactly what you mean by pins and needles. I am going to send good thoughts your way and wish you lots of luck on your journey.

CONGRATS! My surgery coor. just called me this morning to inform me that she submitted everything this am hopefully I will hear something soon I have BCBS of AL and im on pins and needles!!

Rena's Ragdolls ---- That really stink that they did not approve your claim and you are having to appeal. What reason did they give? There are so many comments about denials and appeals, make sure you keep pushing back until you get to a Peer to Peer where the doctor actually talks to the Insurance. Good Luck to come your way......

Congrats. I'm still waiting on my appeal with BCBS of Alabama. I've called my surgeon's office during business hours, but can't get them to call me back with an update. I am about to get depressed with no news....

Congrats! I received my approval from BCBS Fed before Christmas and I'm scheduled to be sleeved 1/29. Tomorrow I go to hospital for preregistration, labs, EKG, chest X-ray initial dietary program appointment and pulmonary function test. Low carb diet starts next week and two weeks later I start the liquid diet.

I have bcbs fed and my doc is submitting all my paper work Monday. The doctor say that I will most likely be approved ..but still very nervous they will reject me. I have met all the requirements....so I'm praying and crossing my fingers.

I was very shocked with the holidays and all how fast I was approved. Once it is submitted you can call customer service and they can check to see if an approval letter is sent. I called every 2 days. Once I got my letter it had the wrong dates on it so the doctors office had to call to get it changed but no big deal. I am scheduled for Tuesday January 14, 2014 to be sleeved. I am very optimistic but very nervous all at the same time now that its a reality. Wishing you all the luck in the world on your journey:)

I have bcbs fed and my doc is submitting all my paper work Monday. The doctor say that I will most likely be approved ..but still very nervous they will reject me. I have met all the requirements....so I'm praying and crossing my fingers.

Having bcbs federal basic can you tell me what your out of pocket was or do u have standard?

Having bcbs federal basic can you tell me what your out of pocket was or do u have standard?

I had to pay 150.00 to my doctor and 40.00 for all the test and 175.00 per day in the hospital. I have bcbs basic federal:)

I finally got through to my surgeon's office. They told me they resubmitted some extra medical information and now the 30 day wait begins again with my BCBS of AL insurance. Sigh.... next will be the peer to peer appeal.

I want to call the insurance just to see if they've reviewed the additional medical records yet, but am scared that if I bug them too much, they won't approve me since I'm borderline with the comorbidities and BMI.

After I finished my 6 month dietitian diet, and my doc took me off Metformin (making me sick), I've started to gain weight again, and I'm afraid that my health is going to go downhill fast if this isn't approved. Yep...back up to 244, but I'm NOT changing my ticker again!!

Well! No bugging needed any more! I got a call this morning telling me I'm approved. Such a relief!!!!!!!!!

No Mexico for me!

Congratulations!!!!

I was approved on 1/10 and have still heard nothing about a surgery date :( when I call the office I get a recording promising to call back as soon as they have the 2014 OR schedule. Shouldn't that be in place prior to 2014? I want this done!!!

But how exciting for you! I can't wait to read your progress!

Hi yall I love reading all the post, my doctor office submitted my info to my insurance on Jan 14, I still haven’t heard back, I am so nervous i dont know what to do.... im excited at the same time. I love this group

Hi yall I love reading all the post, my doctor office submitted my info to my insurance on Jan 14, I still haven’t heard back, I am so nervous i dont know what to do.... im excited at the same time. I love this group