Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeast Infection from Hades

• Hi I recently had the gastric sleeve on December 11, 2013. I now have a yeast infection from H**!! Has anyone experienced this. I tried the monistat 1 day treatment but it doesn't seem to be working. I hate to be TMI but I want to know if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced this right after surgery. :-(

Hi I recently had the gastric sleeve on December 11, 2013. I now have a yeast infection from H**!! Has anyone experienced this. I tried the monistat 1 day treatment but it doesn't seem to be working. I hate to be TMI but I want to know if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced this right after surgery. :-(

I did. It experience one but the antibiotics can cause them and with the cut in Protein it seems to trigger it as well. You may need something stronger that the do for can subscribe. Try a seven day treatment if you can't get an appointment. Use the creams at night. I find they do better. You not moving g as much and they stay in better.

Feel better soon.

I did, and it was horrendous. I believe it was the antibiotics that I got in the hospital that set it off, and of course being diabetic doesn't help. In my experience sometimes the one day treatment doesn't work - I've had to get something even stronger from the doctor before - but you could try the pessary, that gets right to the source, if you see what I mean, and has helped too - also live yogurt put on a pad and left overnight can ease things.

I just asked this on another thread...sorry if it's too personal, but...are you having regular bowel movements?

If you're not, that could be the cause. According to my NUT (and I double checked with another NUT to be sure), that pesky itching could be from not having regular bowel movements.

Here's an article on candida (yeast infection) and leaky gut syndrome. You can also do a google search for: yeast infection bowel movement and it will provide some good links.

http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/leakygutsyndrome.html

I've had two NUT's tell me it's so important to take a good quality probiotic. I use Ther-Biotic Complete powder - it has 100+ Billion CFU's.

Post op, I thought I was going to have to treat a yeast infection with an over the counter treatment. I called the NUT and told her I hadn't had a bowel movement in 5 days and she freaked a little. I had to take some Metamucil and start the probiotic up again. Once things got moving, that irritating itch went a way.

Thank you McButterpants,

I too had my surgery on 12/11 and developed a yeast infection. I'm now able to take capsules and I just took one of my Probiotics I had on hand before surgery. And you are so correct--my symptoms seem to subside when I've had bowel movements--didn't make a correlation until you mentioned that.

Have a good one!

In addition to the OTC treatments, try this. I know it sounds gross but that what my Dr. recommended over 30 years ago before all the treatments became available. Douche with Acidophilus milk. Warm it the microwave just enough to take the chill off otherwise you'll end up on the ceiling from the cold.

Like I said, I know it sounds gross but it works!

OMG I had the same thing. Monistat 1 is EVIL.....I had such a bad reaction to that. I ended up calling and getting a script for Diflucan and Flagyl. In a couple of days it was gone. But man, in the meantime, I thought I was going to loose my mind.

I've had that when constipated and Monistat burned like fire. I used triple antibiotic on the outside and it helped.

I did the same thing!! NEVER had issues with them before, didnt know if that was what it was - went to dr and it definitely was...got Diflucan...it works.

I am 9 days,out from surgery, omg this yeast infection is crazy, the doctor will be receiving a call from me in the am.

Just got home from gyn with estogen cream and steriod cream. Fighting yeast since WLS in April Tried to get by with over the counter Didn't work. He said it is not unusual with all the changes our bodies go through. Co pay was almost $300!