Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Close Call !

Any kind of scrambled egg or ground meat is tricky for me.

oh yes .. we went to a Irish Pub in Pensacola last week.. they served a pumpernickel bread covered in butter and honey I think.. I really thought about eating some but I knew I would get stuck.. I had ordered salmon -and a salad.. I have been stuck on bread before.. it hurts.. so glad you were able to clear it B52..I seem to have more issues with scrambled eggs (real) than anything. don't know why.. I can eat eggbeaters okay.. people ask me what I can eat.. I tell them anything that my band likes...

That is the worst feeling. Glad to hear you got it worked out. That is one of the gnarliest feeling I've ever felt. Recently I forget to eat lunch (it happens to all of us with busy lives), got home and started to eat dinner entirely too fast. It took 2 bites before my body went into "Def Con 4" mode. The meal was so for me at that point.

I am almost two months out, no adjustment, yet. I have yet to have a stuck episode. I am careful about what I chow on. I eat slowly, chew properly and I avoid fresh bread, beef, pork and dry chicken. I eat moist, tender chicken, hamburger, in very small crumble in sauce and chili and so on. I had the guts of a couple of steak fresco tacos from Taco Bell for dinner, tonight (minus the tortillas) they went down just fine. I can eat rice, lettuce as long as it is cut up fine, egg any way I like. I have even eaten some Pasta without any trouble but I am not making a habit of it. I have a feeling that this honeymoon period is going to end on the 16th when I have my first adjustment. :P

I know that getting stuck is unavoidable, it happens to all of us and it can be a good learning experience but I am not looking forward to it. LOL

Edited by The Icy One

I keep reading about people not being able to eat bread and other things. I am two months post-op and have had 1 fill, 1cc. I seem to be able to eat anything. I eat much smaller portions but can eat bread and really anything. I was really thinking after my first fill I would have restriction but don't. Hopefully next fill will be a little different. I am still losing weight and have started working out but curious why I don't feel what I hear so many talking about. Maybe I just don't know what "stuck" or "restriction" feels like??

I have had people tell me once, when I was speaking at a support group and this topic came up.....they carry "Zip-loc Baggies" in their purses for stuck episodes....

NOW THAT'S GROSS !!!

Edited by B-52

I am one month post, no fills yet and some parts of the day I feel I can eat anything. Sometimes one mini bite chewed, was fine. Took my son bowling and we ate Wendy's for something quick. I took chicken from the wrap, chewed a lot and 3rd bite, it was stuck!! I immediately stood up and felt terrible!!!! 4-5 hours later and still feel weird. Guess I could say my first episode. Will not do that again.

So this maybe a stupid question...but if you are already stuck, wouldn't the papaya enzyme just get stuck on top of the stuck food? Does it come in pills, powder, or liquid?

I keep reading about people not being able to eat bread and other things. I am two months post-op and have had 1 fill, 1cc. I seem to be able to eat anything. I eat much smaller portions but can eat bread and really anything. I was really thinking after my first fill I would have restriction but don't. Hopefully next fill will be a little different. I am still losing weight and have started working out but curious why I don't feel what I hear so many talking about. Maybe I just don't know what "stuck" or "restriction" feels like??

After a few fills you will have more restriction and will likely want to limit some of the things you eat. I don't want to be so tight I give up everything. I could probably hold a little more saline and still be in the g-zone but I'm happy where I am. I'm losing, haven't found anything I can't tolerate if I eat slowly and chew well.

Your 1st fill usually doesn't help much. Usually it takes 3 or 4 or more. But it's better to creep up on it so when you get almost there you can work with your surgeon to get you where you need to be. Each person is different. Last fill, my surgeon was going to do .5 cc and I was on the fence whether I even needed a fill so I asked her to do only half of it. She did and I'm right where I need to be. As said, I didn't want to give up meat and bread and I haven't, I just have to be careful with it.

Our bands definitely send out a warning that a stuck is near, we just have to feel and listen to this warning. Been there a few times and its not any fun to stare at your food when this happens.