Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Almost 2 Years, I'm Starting Over

Hello all! I had my surgery July 30,2013. I am just down 33 pounds and it's kind of depressing. I worry my band has slipped or something. I try and eat a light Breakfast and if I get hungry between breakfast and lunch I'll eat some fruit or a Protein Bar. Then lunch when I go for my break at work and then dinner and here lately I haven't been snacking at night. I just feel like a failure bc my weight isn't coming off like I thought it would. I can get almost anything down even bread. Had my fill nov 11 don't go back until January 2nd. I have dropped three pant sizes and idk if I'm just losing inches and gaining muscle from working out....I just wish I would have more weight off by now. At first the weightloss was going pretty quick and it seems like right now I have hit a plateau and have no clue what to do...has anybody else experienced this kind of problem because I'm beginning to get scared that something is wrong with my band.

Hi Bandit, I just had my first fill and am going back tomorrow for possible second. So we are starting together! Take away the "over" as in starting over -- that's all over now. The past is past. What I'm taking away from this post is followup, followup, followup. So glad you are meeting with your medical professionals, getting your fills and that you're here on the forum. I am going to do the same -- I want LB success more than I have wanted anything in such a long time.

i was interested in what is a normal fill. My first is next week. I really need it. I had surgery on 11/13/13

Hello all! I had my surgery July 30,2013. I am just down 33 pounds and it's kind of depressing. I worry my band has slipped or something. I try and eat a light breakfast and if I get hungry between breakfast and lunch I'll eat some fruit or a Protein bar. Then lunch when I go for my break at work and then dinner and here lately I haven't been snacking at night. I just feel like a failure bc my weight isn't coming off like I thought it would. I can get almost anything down even bread. Had my fill nov 11 don't go back until January 2nd. I have dropped three pant sizes and idk if I'm just losing inches and gaining muscle from working out....I just wish I would have more weight off by now. At first the weightloss was going pretty quick and it seems like right now I have hit a plateau and have no clue what to do...has anybody else experienced this kind of problem because I'm beginning to get scared that something is wrong with my band.

If you've lost 3 pant sizes that is weight. The scales will eventually catch up. I can eat almost anything just have to chew and eat slow. Try to increase your Proteins if you're getting hungry before lunch. This is what my surgeon told me. And most of all relax. It will happen if you keep it up. We all stall. I stall at least every other month then it takes off again. And, you probably are gaining muscle which accounts for smaller size without pound lost.

If you've lost 3 pant sizes that is weight. The scales will eventually catch up. I can eat almost anything just have to chew and eat slow. Try to increase your Proteins if you're getting hungry before lunch. This is what my surgeon told me. And most of all relax. It will happen if you keep it up. We all stall. I stall at least every other month then it takes off again. And, you probably are gaining muscle which accounts for smaller size without pound lost.

Thanks sandy

Yes, im now understanding that it is not a temporary fix, just like everything else. Its a helper, but I have to help it.

Catfish87, thanks for sharing that because that lets us all know that we cant just stop. we have to keep going. Nothing comes easy. Its a daily fight.

Sandy, we cant feel like failures, I felt that same way but sounds like you just have hit a plateau. I have faith that we can all get through this. Have faith and lets take this one day at a time. You can do it.

oh yeah, So im on day 3, soft foods, I had a Protein shake, and about 1.5cups of chicken and broccoli Soup and I have not been hungry since and that was at lunch, but I drank a cup of black coffee and Protein Shake because I do not want to be hungry at midnight lol

again, thanks yall

Wow I have just read these comments from top to bottom and I admire the support that has been given and the positive vibes I want to say how happy I am to have logged in as a lost bander I needed this thank you to all and especially to lap banded because I wanted to go back to my pre surgery diet of 2 shakes and one meal to kick my butt but in the back of my head I keep hearing the surgeon saying no fluids with calories Thank you to all

I am in the same boat had a fill about two years ago and only have two fills in all planning on restart Jan 1st after all the holiday stress. Good luck and I know you can do it!!!

I am 9 years out and never have made it to goal. I am happy to say I am going in for a fill tomorrow, it has been about 3 1/2 years since I had most of my fill out due to not being able to swallow my meds. Well it is high time I get back into loosing. I am nervous especially with the holidays here, but know I need this badly, and I refuse to give up no matter how many years it's been.

Best wishes to all of you and I look forward to hear how everyone is doing.

We can do this! Love this board, now that I am back!

If everyone in their life had never made a mistake, we would all be perfect and would have never needed surgery. Unfortunately none of us are perfect. This is the rest of your life and I am sure that at some time even people who are at goal will still struggle to maintain. Because you think oh I am here and eat things you shouldn't and weigh your self and the scale doesn't move, so you continue on and then get on the scale one day and you gained ten pounds. People who are not at goal yet think it will be easy but its not because as soon as you stop doing what you were doing to lose weight it will come right back on. I have gained and lost gained and lost with the band its a forever thing not just okay here it is I don't have to do anything to lose weight. Just get control of yourself and even if you don't want to do it now but start the beginning of the year that is fine as long as you know what you have to do. Don't be hard on yourself no one is perfect.

If everyone in their life had never made a mistake, we would all be perfect and would have never needed surgery. Unfortunately none of us are perfect. This is the rest of your life and I am sure that at some time even people who are at goal will still struggle to maintain. Because you think oh I am here and eat things you shouldn't and weigh your self and the scale doesn't move, so you continue on and then get on the scale one day and you gained ten pounds. People who are not at goal yet think it will be easy but its not because as soon as you stop doing what you were doing to lose weight it will come right back on. I have gained and lost gained and lost with the band its a forever thing not just okay here it is I don't have to do anything to lose weight. Just get control of yourself and even if you don't want to do it now but start the beginning of the year that is fine as long as you know what you have to do. Don't be hard on yourself no one is perfect.

Absolutely! Well said! I wish that I never had to have lapband! I wish that I was the normal weight without lapband! I am not, and was not! Thanks, lapabnd, and welcome to the forum all newbies, oldbies and everyone else! Best wishes for a Happy New year for us all! Karen..aka.kll724

made it thru Christmas just fine! Have a red solo cup on desk and every time I drink a fill glass I use a sharpie and put a heart...last week got 4 1/2 full cups of Water down...I usually only drink one cup of coffee and no other liquids...I know thats bad. So this week I am going for 8 full glasses. also today going to clear out food drawer at work. small changes guys thats what it going to take. Good luck all of you we are all fighting the same battle and no one wins the war alone it takes an army so glad that you all are her to be part of my army!!! :)

Happy New year and new you to all of us!