Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Almost 2 Years, I'm Starting Over

I was banded January 2012 and everything was going great. I was down 50 pounds. Then something happened, I just quit, I stopped going to get fills, I stopped exercising like I was. I thought that the band would continue to do what it was supposed to do without me doing my part. Fast forward to present. I have gained 40 pounds back. BOOHISSBOOOOO... So, I went in for a fill today, it has been since around April since I went, and even then she didn't give me a fill because she thought I had enough even though I was telling her that I was still hungry soon after I ate. My band was ok, no issues, no slippage. So, I tried the whole 2 Protein Shakes and 1 meal thing that she told me to do, and my gracious, I was starving, because I didn't have any restriction which caused me to just eat whatever was in sight.

Its embarrassing!

So today at my visit we did a x-ray and barium and she seen how quickly the Fluid went through so now, I'm at 7.8cc in a 14cc band and on liquids x2days and soft Proteins on day 3 and the back on track for a month..(HOW AM I GOING TO GET THROUGH CHRISTMAS WITH THE food MY MOM IS GOING TO COOK FOR THE FAMILY?...OH I NEED WILL POWER)

I kind of feel like I felt after the surgery minus the pain. A new start. I need all the support I possibly can get from people who actually understand. The few people who knows I have the band are supportive, but I feel like they do not understand and im embarrassed that I haven't lost, but gained back what I did lose.

Thanks for reading my rant and ALL positive comments and suggestions are welcome.

You know you can come on here, where have you been anyway , you know we try to help each other when we can or just suggest things , also where is your profile pic , glad to have you back and you have the little tool and the big ones to help you , so welcoe back and start your journey again.

I tried logging onto the other site that was lapbandtalk and it directed me to this site and I had to get a new profile... Ill be uploading a pic soon. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Well good for you for reconizing the problem and getting back on track ! Way to go !! Take it 1 day , one meal at a time, not the whole picture , ok ? As far as Christmas and moms cooking, just remind yourself that you will always have food in your world, there will always be chocolate in your life , and you are not going to be hungry if you eat your protien first, fruits and veggies 2nd, etc. I had my lap band 2 weeks before Christmas 2011, and just tried to focus on the family and fun, not the food ! Good luck !!

LadyBandit....I so feel and understand where you are coming from!

I did great "in the beginning"...just as you say. GungHO, exercising, eating what I was supposed to, etc, etc....then the Honeymoon ended! I too, thought I could just eat anything I wanted, quit exercising, and let the band do it all.....Unfortunately, my band had come unbuckled/unsnapped....Kinda like you describe....NOT at correct restriction. ( NO restriction )

I was eating too much, GAINING weight, just like every other diet I had been on in my life! Because it was JUST A DIET... I was so embarrassed, didn't go to my surgeon for a YEAR. Couldn't face the reality I was gonna fail at this too...

But I had a friend who had the band encourage me to go back to my surgeon, and find out why I was eating too much. Why was it just like before I even had surgery! My doctor started using Fluoroscopy for all adjustments during my hiatus....we immediately realized why and he corrected it asap! Now...with a properly adjusted band for me, I couldn't be happier with my decision to have this surgery.

Please continue following up with your surgeon...and don't accept any excuses! This thing will do what it is advertised to do....Control/limit your portions...you just gotta get there. I wish you much success in your future! Never, ever give up. :)

Aren't you glad you posted see we are here and have missed you so now I will have to add you also to my friends list well keep posting and just remember some of us fall off the track and get right back on , welcome back.

At least you didn't give up and have realized your problem. Now , correct them and continue forward as in the past afther band day. YOU can do this again and Better.

Best wishes and keep the Faith.

i like that you were assertive. i wish all patients could be more assertive with their doctor's. my doctor said that 8 cc's is a average fill for a 14cc band.

Welcome back ladbandit! The holidays are not nearly as scarey when you have a proper fill! You can do it!!And as others have said, you can come to us for support on those awful eating days! Best wishes, Karen

Welcome back lady glad you found the new site, and I'm feeling your pain! We will all make it through the holidays together! I love this site for that very reason! Always someone here to be supportive :)

I was very happy to report I was not able to nor did I have the desire to gorge over the Thanksgiving holiday, and I"m looking forward to eating even less for the Christmas holiday.

I plan to take a taste everything and enjoy sharing the time with my family and friends :)

I love the band for just those reasons, it really keeps me accountable to what I am putting in my mouth and my focus is not all on the food anymore!

Hi Bandit, I just had my first fill and am going back tomorrow for possible second. So we are starting together! Take away the "over" as in starting over -- that's all over now. The past is past. What I'm taking away from this post is followup, followup, followup. So glad you are meeting with your medical professionals, getting your fills and that you're here on the forum. I am going to do the same -- I want LB success more than I have wanted anything in such a long time.

:DThank you everyone for every comment. Today is day 2 of my all liquid and im actually ok. after about 1.5 cups of liquid im full, not stuffed but full. That is a HUGE difference from before the fill yesterday. Every one of your kind words mean a lot and I truly appreciate it all.

Hi Lady!

It has been six months for me. I lost 40 pounds and gained 4 back recently. I tried to get a fill two weeks ago, but was told I couldn't until January 6. I can't wait for it! I am not hungry but find myself making a lot of bad food choices. Mostly junk food. You are correct when you express how difficult it's going to be during the holidays. I am traveling to New York in two weeks, and my parents love to spoil me with my favorite foods. I made a decision to just enjoy myself knowing that I'm going in for a fill a week after my return. Good luck! I really wish you the best!

Thank you. Best wishes to you as well. The holidays are a big test of how much will power we have. Enjoy the holidays and NY.

As a coincidence...I went shopping today for some new clothes. The person I mentioned earlier that encouraged me to go back to my doctor, works at the store I went shopping at. I haven't seen or talked to her in a while. She told me today SHE was going back to my doctor this Thursday.... she hadn't been to see him in over a year. ... she said she's gained some back and wanted to get everything checked and maybe an adjustment.

Why am I posting this you might wonder. .. because she's ten years ( 10 YEARS )POST OP.

Just goes to show you can't give up after a month or a year or two, three, four, etc years.... this really is a life changing experience. Think long term..... and it was re affirmed to me today. Never,ever give up!