Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

Hey Y'all!

I had my 6 week checkup on Thursday - I can now eat anything I want! I'm not really hungry. When I do eat, I eat small amounts. For example, this morning Breakfast was a scrambled egg, 1/4 of a banana and 1 slice of a whole wheat bagel thin. lunch was a cottage cheese/fruit double (they have 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a small amount fruit) and the other half of the bagel thin with Peanut Butter. dinner will be 3 to 4 ounces of baked salmon and roasted carrots.

My checkup was good. My surgeon is very pleased with my progress. I have lost 38 pounds so far. My incisions have healed nicely. He expects me to continue to loose weight slow and steady.

NSVs:

1) I am Type 2 Diabetic but have not been on any medication since the day before my surgery. My blood sugar numbers range from the 80's to the 130's. Occasionally, I have a number in the 140's but not normally. I've had two episodes of low blood sugar - 66 both times. I just ate something and felt much better with blood sugars back to normal shortly thereafter. I was also on the lowest dose of high blood pressure medicine and now I have to cut that pill in half. I should be off of that medicine at my 3 month checkup - hopefully.

2) Three years ago I bought a pair of Michael Kors jeans, size 20. They were on the clearance rack - regularly $125, after discounts and coupons I paid $12 for them. That's why I bought them then - something I would never spend that much money on but it didn't matter at the time of purchase that I couldn't wear them. I planned on getting into them some day. I've worn a size 24 (and 3x/4x) for the past 5 years. I was able to wear my Michael Kors jeans to a get together with friends on December 14! And - they were loose!

3) I went shopping yesterday and bought a size 18 skirt and a 2x top!

4) My husband keeps telling me how small I'm getting and that my face is getting thin.

5) I got a beautiful watch for Christmas and it didn't have to have any extra links added! As a matter of fact, it's loose.

6) I went out to dinner with friends and ordered my salad to take home and brought home 3/4 of my entrée. I had my salad to go because I didn't want to fill up on veggies first - I want to make sure I get my Protein in first and foremost.

7) My husband and I had pizza for dinner the other night. I ate the 1/2 the topping (pepperoni and cheese) from 1 slice and that was it - no crust.

8) My dress shoes (heels) feel loose on my feet.

9) I'm back into my honeymoon jeans (14 years old) and they are getting loose!

For those of you who are just starting out - know that this is a serious, life changing surgery. I have diarrhea more than I used to. I get full very fast. If I eat too much I get the foamies but haven't thrown up. It's just uncomfortable and a yucky feeling in my mouth. You can feel the difference in your stomach - it doesn't feel or act the same - ever again. But, that being said, I wouldn't have believed that I have lost 38 pounds in 8 weeks (including the 2 week pre-op diet) and will continue to loose slow and steady. I would do it again. The first two weeks suck. Your body is healing, you can't get your fluids or Proteins in and you don't feel like yourself. the next 4 weeks the mushy stage becomes boring, but, I will say, refried Beans have never tasted so good!

So - congratulations to those who are on the journey and good luck to those who have made the decision!

Remember - Life IS good. Enjoy and give thanks.

~Susan.

Hi guys, I had surgery Nov 4, and am down to 221!! I have been hanging out at 225 and then 223 for a few weeks. Pre Op: 255, Surg Wt: 243. I just got home from a week at my parents for xmas and I ate so much crap. Back home and back on track. I cannot have things like carmel corn, xmas Cookies and candy around. I will try to eat it, even if it makes me sick. I really proved to myself that I don't get as much restriction if I don't do dense Protein first. It was a good lesson and I still lost 2 lbs. Go figure. My theory is that the body loses better if it gets varied calories. Like some days around 5-600, and some 1000-1200. I always notice losses after variations like this. This is very unscientific and just my experience, but--there it is.

Remember, there is no such thing as a 'slow loser' or a 'stall'. Stop buying into this negative garbage. Make good choices, stay off the scale everyday, and enjoy the journey.

Hello everyone, Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year, hope everyone is well. Here go my stats... sw295lbs/size 22 tight, pre-op diet 272, while in hospital 277 (iv fluids), current weight 248lbs/size 18-16, 8weeks out. And yes, I can see my who-ha. Thank you to all November sleevers for sharing and checking in; continued health & weight loss. Xoxox

Hey everyone! Its quiet in here! Where is everyone from November? I am 9 weeks post op now and down 32 pounds. I am happy with my weight loss. I need ideas though of what everyone is eating. I was never good with putting healthy meals together. Any ideas are appreciated! And keep up with the updates good or bad! Were here to support each other!

I am 6 weeks out and down 68lbs!!! Still getting tiny random stomach pains and numbness but other than that all is well!

Hi everyone!

I am 42 years old and weighed 319 on surgery day, Nov 26th. I went for my six week checkup and am 271 today! Down 48 pounds!!

My surgeon is so happy with my progress and assures me it is because I get 80 grams of Protein per day and drink close to 100 oz Water. I also limit my carb intake to 50g per day. I feel better than I have since I was in my 20s!! As a physician, I work sometimes 90 hours per week, so it is difficult to get exercise in every day, but I am trying. I'm so excited about the way my body is changing!

Everyone's progress is so great! I'm at 9 weeks tomorrow and am down 30 lbs post op. I'm eating very little still, trying to get in my Protein and Water daily. I'd also love some recipe ideas!

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm 8.5 weeks out from my 11/11 surgery and down 28-30 lbs from that day (177 this morning). My body fat percentage has decreased from 41% to 35%, which makes me content with my not-remarkably-fast weight loss. Huge news is that my cholesterol is down from 220 before surgery to 150! Last, a few people have started noticing my loss, which has been fun. it seems like I started getting a few comments when I hit 30 lbs down from pre-op (about 3-5 lbs ago).

My morale is good and I have only 1-2 "hungry days" every 10 days or so.

November 18th surgery down 47 pounds. I don't walk as often as I should but still 2 to 3 times per week. One thing I've noticed is that in the last week my old psychological food issues have started to peek out, wanting to eat when I'm not really hungry, wanting to eat larger portions than the 5 ounces I can currently fit.

I'm going to have to continue to work on my demons!

Surgery 11/11 down from 237 to 193 today. I eat egg custard, fried eggs, cottage cheese with fruit, deli meat with cheese, Protein rich Cereal, skim milk, Protein Shakes, cheeses and Jerky as well as chicken, sliced beef and avacado

2 months post op. HW 245, SW 232, DOS 221, CW 194. 5'7".

post-85424-0-54009600-1389554251_thumb.jpg