Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

Just found this thread! I was sleeved 11/27. I love it. No pain, went home same day. No nausea. I am still on Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes. Mostly just clear liquids. I can't find a Protein I can get over the taste of. They gross me out. But I haven't stopped losing. Preop weight 293, day of surgery 282, weighed this morning and I'm 253. It's amazing. I have never had success as I do now. I'm so happy.

I was sleeved Nov 20 no complications to speak of, had some bleeding from my belly button incision, but it turned out to be a hematoma under my skin(you could see the swelling) doc said it was normal and from stitching the muscle, it would resolve in a few more days and it sure did! Other problem was my lovenox shots were causing a ton of pain and bruising in my left side(and may have attributed to that hematoma) but once I finished it has all resolved! Working through a tiny but of nausea in the mornings only with my Water, but honestly none of this is even a blip on the radar! I am so thankful at how things have gone! Minimal pain, fluids easily, found some Proteins I enjoy, smooth transition to mushy food(yay)! I'm losing slowly and I'd like to think I'm ok with that, just have to keep reminding myself this is not a sprint it's a marathon! Starting Weight 211, Surgery Weight 202.5, Current weight 190.5.

Edited by CrissyRing77

Sleeved Nov18. Had zero issues until last few days. Lower left stomach muscle pain.. Had a follow up with surgeon yesterday. He said it was normal as I likely tweaked the area Where he pulled my stomach thru the muscle. Man it is painful when I bend or move the wrong way. Pretty much can eat anything three weeks post op. monitoring my calories and Protein carefully. Nutritionist said its great that I can get in a thousand kcal per day. Wish I didn't have hunger pain though.

Gelica, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! i have struggled so much myself. I was sleeved on nov 19 and while i was doing fabulously, i hit a wall last week. I regressed from puree to clear liquids. It was awful. I was so dehydrated. I am still struggling to get my strength back. I have total. buyers remorse right now. I want to chug diet coke and eat a bag of chips yet i cant even chew food and swallow it right now, im back to pureed. I cant work, i am in a mental fog. I know how u are feeling. I also got esophageal thrush and that was MISERABLE. U will get better everyday. Take it slow and remember u are not alone. I want to hug u!! Xoxo.

Pre surgical diet nov 11 weight 329

Surgery nov 18 weight 321

Current weight 299.6

I am actually back in the hospital, I blacked out in the shower. So I called the dr he had me come to the er and get admitted. I can't keep anything down once I sit up.

Im sorry to hear that its being so hard for you! I hope they find out whats going on with you. Good luck keep us updated!

Gelica, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! i have struggled so much myself. I was sleeved on nov 19 and while i was doing fabulously, i hit a wall last week. I regressed from puree to clear liquids. It was awful. I was so dehydrated. I am still struggling to get my strength back. I have total. buyers remorse right now. I want to chug diet coke and eat a bag of chips yet i cant even chew food and swallow it right now, im back to pureed. I cant work, i am in a mental fog. I know how u are feeling. I also got esophageal thrush and that was MISERABLE. U will get better everyday. Take it slow and remember u are not alone. I want to hug u!! Xoxo.

Pre surgical diet nov 11 weight 329

Surgery nov 18 weight 321

Current weight 299.6

I am actually back in the hospital, I blacked out in the shower. So I called the dr he had me come to the er and get admitted. I can't keep anything down once I sit up.

OMG that is awful! Just listen to your Dr and do what he tells you, you will make it through. My prayers are with you!

I have hit my first stall... agghh I am so disappointed. I was at 35 lbs lost and now I am at a standstill! I do have a major factor working against me and that is that I still have my air cast on my ankle. I fell in June and fractured it in two places, however the fractures healed in 6 weeks, the sprained/torn/ripped ligaments are my issue. After 12 weeks of physical therapy they stopped and said we need to do surgery. Well nothing was going to get in the way of my sleeve operation so I have been putting it off. But it prevents me from working out the way I would like to. I try to walk as much as possible but after 1/2 mile or so it burns so bad I need to rest. I think I am going to join the Y and start working on their bikes, maybe that won't hurt as badly. I am still on pureed/some soft food. Worried when they do the surgery too because I have to be on non weight bearing status for a week up to a month (they don't know until they do the surgery), worried I will put weight back on...

Oh well I am still very happy with my decision. Like others have said this is not a sprint but a marathon. I too have to remember that!

Hello all - I was sleeved Dec 5 and am down 17 pounds from pre op diet (I only did THAT for about 5 days - ugh!!!)....

I spent 3 nights in hosp. And was sent home without any pain meds....I felt good with the exception of energy. I had NONE. I noticed liquids hurt....so I decided to mix them - I warm the liquid and add baby rice Cereal (dry, in the box) and a bit of splenda. I make it SUPER SUPER soupy. I figured since the coffee in the hosp FELT good...why not?

Let me tell ya when I ate....prolly 2 - 2 1/2 tablespoons of that....I felt AMAZING!!

I am now "eating" stage 1 baby foods, (awesome!!) Such a variety...I never get bored

I was sleeved 11/11/13 SW 237 CW 201. I'm having trouble with sharp pains in my right side below my ribcage. I believe it's my gallbladder but my surgeon thinks I pulled a muscle so I'm waiting. It hurts when I eat or drink since day before yesterday so Im making myself drink anyway but it's not a joyful thing for me right now. I just requested that my surgeon order a gallbladder test to see if its functioning correctly and am waiting on his response. I'm ready to be on happy street and past all of this. But I'm still happy with my WLS decision.

I was sleeved Nov 20 no complications to speak of, had some bleeding from my belly button incision, but it turned out to be a hematoma under my skin(you could see the swelling) doc said it was normal and from stitching the muscle, it would resolve in a few more days and it sure did! Other problem was my lovenox shots were causing a ton of pain and bruising in my left side(and may have attributed to that hematoma) but once I finished it has all resolved! Working through a tiny but of nausea in the mornings only with my Water, but honestly none of this is even a blip on the radar! I am so thankful at how things have gone! Minimal pain, fluids easily, found some Proteins I enjoy, smooth transition to mushy food(yay)! I'm losing slowly and I'd like to think I'm ok with that, just have to keep reminding myself this is not a sprint it's a marathon! Starting Weight 211, Surgery Weight 202.5, Current weight 190.5.

We are almost exactly the same except for surgery date! My starting weight was 215, surgery weight was 203 and current weight is 194...I am sooooo frustrated!. My surgery date was Nov 25 so I am a little over 2 weeks out and only a 9 lb loss since surgery? Are you kidding?!?! I am tracking my calories, Protein & sugar intake daily and I am only getting about 600 calories in a day and about 20-25 grams of protein so I don't know if that has something to with it...I keep telling myself it will come off eventually but it just seems like I have put my body through ALOT to be losing this slow...Those feeling of failure when I dieted before and didn't see results are starting to rear their ugly heads...

Oh dear, prettybrwneyes- sorry you're frustrated:( we have similar stats (11/11 surgery - 206 SW, now 189, but I'm pleased cause I'm 50 & my blood pressure & cholesterol are down, etc. hope you get a big happiness - creating drop here any day :)!

We are almost exactly the same except for surgery date! My starting weight was 215, surgery weight was 203 and current weight is 194...I am sooooo frustrated!. My surgery date was Nov 25 so I am a little over 2 weeks out and only a 9 lb loss since surgery? Are you kidding?!?! I am tracking my calories, Protein & sugar intake daily and I am only getting about 600 calories in a day and about 20-25 grams of protein so I don't know if that has something to with it...I keep telling myself it will come off eventually but it just seems like I have put my body through ALOT to be losing this slow...Those feeling of failure when I dieted before and didn't see results are starting to rear their ugly heads...

I think your protein intake is really low. Most doctors I know recommend getting in ~60-80 grams a day. My doc wants me taking in 60-80 grams of protein, 400-600 calories, and 15 grams of carbs a day until I've lost 70% of my excess weight. What guidelines did your doc give you?

I had my surgery on 11/27 and happy to say I'm down 25 pounds so far and feeling great! My first goal was to have 25lbs off by Christmas and I hit it wooohooo! So my next goal is to have a total of 35lbs off by New Years. I love my sleeve!

Sleeved on 11/19. Down 33lbs including 11 preop.

surgery.png?ts=1386957736

I think your protein intake is really low. Most doctors I know recommend getting in ~60-80 grams a day. My doc wants me taking in 60-80 grams of protein, 400-600 calories, and 15 grams of carbs a day until I've lost 70% of my excess weight. What guidelines did your doc give you?

I was sleeved in mexico and my surgeon didnt give me a specific amount of protein to take in daily so I kind of put together my own plan based on other doctors guidelines. Somedays I get more, some days I get less. I am trying to find a good Protein Shake that doesnt have that overly sweet aftertaste, It gags me everytime!! I've been getting a majority of protein from greek yogurt, tuna & chicken salad and cottage cheese. There is just not much to choose from in this pureed/mushy phase.I started to walk on the treadmill daily for 30-45 minutes hoping that would kick in some loss but it hasnt budged. I really just dont know, I am willing to try anything to get the weight loss jump started. Only down 10 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks must be a new record of SLOW weight loss.