Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

Sleeved 11/25, I feel good but I'm having a hard time with "mental hunger"... I'm not physically hungry but I feel like I want to eat food! I'm still on Clear Liquids so maybe get better with soft foods, I'm so tired of drinking!!! I want to eat!! I'm feeling very deprived, normal?

I feel the exact same way and I was sleeved on the 26th :( I know it will get better but all I want is what I can't have! It's very normal to have those feelings!

Craftymama I am so jealous of that egg! I have to get to next Tuesday. Prettybrneyes I feel the same as you. I was sleeved the day after you. I can't wait to get to something other than liquids.

Sleeved 11/25, I feel good but I'm having a hard time with "mental hunger"... I'm not physically hungry but I feel like I want to eat food! I'm still on clear liquids so maybe get better with soft foods, I'm so tired of drinking!!! I want to eat!! I'm feeling very deprived, normal?

It is normal and it will get easier! Especially once your on soft foods. You will be fine! Good luck!

Thanks, I just keep telling myself that it's just temporary. My surgeon seems to have a different diet plan than some others I have seen, he wants 10 days of clear liquids, 10 days of full liquids then 10 days of soft food so according to his plan I can't eat anything for 20 days!!! That seems like such a long time!!! The kicker is even though I was sleeved on the 25th he doesn't count that as day 1, he counted day 1 as the day I was released from the hospital ( 11/ 28 ) soooooo according to this plan I'm only on day 4!!!!!! I'm going to go crazy first!

Why does it feel like I have weights on my stomach when I lay down? Does anyone else have this issue or know why I may feel like this? It's not the first day I feel it I guess I have felt it since I left the hospital but more now! Thanks in advance!

Sleeved 11-18 and started on mushies today ye ha!! I did discover that my tastes are changing,like clam chowder is yucky and I am crazy for Beans.. chocolate is not so lovely any longer- oh well. i will morn it a little and get over it.

My real issue is that I am very frustrated with my loved ones who mean well. They are constantly telling me to rest or that I am "over doing it". GRRRR I was told if it hurts don't do it. So I don't, but I am starved for exercise. How am I gonna lose weight and avoid depression if I can't get my endorphin fix? I am going to the mailbox and back and short shopping excursions as well as a little cooking and housework.( I am thrilled to be able to pick stuff off of the floor again. :-) I am doing laps in the house and up and down the stairs cause everyone is afraid that if I fall I could 'BLEED OUT BEFORE ANYONE FOUND ME". My mom and son and friends want to kill me with kindness when what I really want is to take a 1/2 to 1 mile walk. I was up to 2-3 mile walks before surgery and some time on the elliptical. My dog misses our walks too. i MAY JUST SNEAK IN A LONGER WALK NEXT TIME I SAY I AM GOING FOR THE MAIL .

Anyone else feel like the activity police are breathing down your neck?

Sleeved 11-18 and started on mushies today ye ha!! I did discover that my tastes are changing,like clam chowder is yucky and I am crazy for Beans.. chocolate is not so lovely any longer- oh well. i will morn it a little and get over it.

My real issue is that I am very frustrated with my loved ones who mean well. They are constantly telling me to rest or that I am "over doing it". GRRRR I was told if it hurts don't do it. So I don't, but I am starved for exercise. How am I gonna lose weight and avoid depression if I can't get my endorphin fix? I am going to the mailbox and back and short shopping excursions as well as a little cooking and housework.( I am thrilled to be able to pick stuff off of the floor again. :-) I am doing laps in the house and up and down the stairs cause everyone is afraid that if I fall I could 'BLEED OUT BEFORE ANYONE FOUND ME". My mom and son and friends want to kill me with kindness when what I really want is to take a 1/2 to 1 mile walk. I was up to 2-3 mile walks before surgery and some time on the elliptical. My dog misses our walks too. i MAY JUST SNEAK IN A LONGER WALK NEXT TIME I SAY I AM GOING FOR THE MAIL .

Anyone else feel like the activity police are breathing down your neck?

Sleeved 11-18 and started on mushies today ye ha!! I did discover that my tastes are changing,like clam chowder is yucky and I am crazy for Beans.. chocolate is not so lovely any longer- oh well. i will morn it a little and get over it. My real issue is that I am very frustrated with my loved ones who mean well. They are constantly telling me to rest or that I am "over doing it". GRRRR I was told if it hurts don't do it. So I don't, but I am starved for exercise. How am I gonna lose weight and avoid depression if I can't get my endorphin fix? I am going to the mailbox and back and short shopping excursions as well as a little cooking and housework.( I am thrilled to be able to pick stuff off of the floor again. :-) I am doing laps in the house and up and down the stairs cause everyone is afraid that if I fall I could 'BLEED OUT BEFORE ANYONE FOUND ME". My mom and son and friends want to kill me with kindness when what I really want is to take a 1/2 to 1 mile walk. I was up to 2-3 mile walks before surgery and some time on the elliptical. My dog misses our walks too. i MAY JUST SNEAK IN A LONGER WALK NEXT TIME I SAY I AM GOING FOR THE MAIL . Anyone else feel like the activity police are breathing down your neck?

Yes I'm in the same boat.... I was sleeved on 11/20 and it's been great..... But my family acts like I'm dying at times....... Their more scared that I will hurt myself then I am.... The other thing the worry about is my eating..... They ask are u eating enough? Are u feeling ok after eating that? How is the gas? I wish sometimes they would shut up..... But I do love them and I know they care

Hi all I just joined but I was sleeved on Nov 13th. I started at 257 I lost 22llbs the 1st week. I'm not really sure where I'm at right now because I refuse to buy a scale I don't want to live and die by it but I can see that more pounds have come off and I can wear clothes that had been sitting in my closet to small for years now. I haven't had any set backs and no pain or nausea since the procedure thankfully. Hardest thing is getting all those darn liquids down and I still yet to know when I'm full. I just seat the suggested ounces and I feel normal afterwards no full filling but not hungry either. Can't wait to start start soft foods Wed bc these Soups are getting really boring.

I was sleeved on Nov 13th as well!! I started at 240, lost 13lbs by surgery date and have lost 17lbs more since the surgery. I wish I didn't have a scale because I have been checking my weight every day! Especially this week because I have stopped losing and have just hovered around the same weight for the last couple of days (I have read that this is normal during the 3rd week after surgery - I hope it is!) I am also sick to death of soup!! I want to chew something! LOL

I was sleeved Nov. 25. I have only lost 20 lbs. That includes almost 3 weeks of all liquid diet. 2weeks before and 1 week after surgery. I too seem to have trouble getting all the required fluids and Protein consumed in a day. I am feeling good and getting around better everyday. Still feel pretty positive this was the right decision for me.

Thanks, I just keep telling myself that it's just temporary. My surgeon seems to have a different diet plan than some others I have seen, he wants 10 days of Clear Liquids, 10 days of full liquids then 10 days of soft food so according to his plan I can't eat anything for 20 days!!! That seems like such a long time!!! The kicker is even though I was sleeved on the 25th he doesn't count that as day 1, he counted day 1 as the day I was released from the hospital ( 11/ 28 ) soooooo according to this plan I'm only on day 4!!!!!! I'm going to go crazy first!

Yeah my Dr. does three days of clear liquid, two weeks of full liquid, two weeks of puree, two weeks of soft foods, and then modified full diet with recommendations of items not to try for atleast a year! Tomorrow is my first day of puree and I can't wait!

Sleeved 11-18 and started on mushies today ye ha!! I did discover that my tastes are changing,like clam chowder is yucky and I am crazy for Beans.. chocolate is not so lovely any longer- oh well. i will morn it a little and get over it. My real issue is that I am very frustrated with my loved ones who mean well. They are constantly telling me to rest or that I am "over doing it". GRRRR I was told if it hurts don't do it. So I don't, but I am starved for exercise. How am I gonna lose weight and avoid depression if I can't get my endorphin fix? I am going to the mailbox and back and short shopping excursions as well as a little cooking and housework.( I am thrilled to be able to pick stuff off of the floor again. :-) I am doing laps in the house and up and down the stairs cause everyone is afraid that if I fall I could 'BLEED OUT BEFORE ANYONE FOUND ME". My mom and son and friends want to kill me with kindness when what I really want is to take a 1/2 to 1 mile walk. I was up to 2-3 mile walks before surgery and some time on the elliptical. My dog misses our walks too. i MAY JUST SNEAK IN A LONGER WALK NEXT TIME I SAY I AM GOING FOR THE MAIL . Anyone else feel like the activity police are breathing down your neck?

Yes I'm in the same boat.... I was sleeved on 11/20 and it's been great..... But my family acts like I'm dying at times....... Their more scared that I will hurt myself then I am.... The other thing the worry about is my eating..... They ask are u eating enough? Are u feeling ok after eating that? How is the gas? I wish sometimes they would shut up..... But I do love them and I know they care

You both are VERY lucky... my family is not very supportive. I have been up since the day I got home from the hospital cleaning, cooking, and barely sleeping (my sleep patterns have changed drastically since surgery). They don't seem to get it. I know they love me but they are used to me doing most everything! I would love some of that overbearing smothering love. But since I am two weeks post surgery and going back to work tomorrow, don't think I'm gonna get it!

I also developed a severe sinus infection and I am miserable!

I had surgery nov 22 2013. I lpst 17 on my.two week.preop and 13 since surgery.

I had my surgery on 11/26. I have lost 30 lbs from my pre-op diet til now. Finally, I seem to have lost the weight gain from the hospital.

I am having alot of trouble getting my Protein and fluids in. Today, I've had 2 yogurts, 1 Protein shake, and about a cup of Tomato Soup and about a half cup of thai ginger sweet potato Soup. That's about 60 gm Protein, but almost NO Water. It's really hard to eat as slowly as I need to.

I tried the thai sweet potato soup because I was craving food, not something sweet, but I had a terrible time getting any down. It's soft but guess I am not ready for it. If I try again tomorrow, I will dilute it a lot. It's hard to go as slow as I need to eat, and consequently I often feel a lot of gas pain. I hope to get the hang of this soon.

Feeling good, lots of energy, and have stopped pain pills today. That said, after an errand, I come home and collapse for a nap. Next week, back to work. Not looking forward to having a group lunch on Thursday when I don't know what I will be able to eat. Or what to say.....