Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2013 Sleevers Progress So Far...

How is it so many of you have haf such a great outcome. Where I am struggling, guess just the luck of the draw.

Surgery was 11/4. Down 45 pounds since surgery, 75 since 10/16. Everything went well.

Had my sleeve on nov5th. Doing pretty good. Hard for me to get my fliuds in. The Protein Shakes are horrible. I only eat 3 times a day. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs np. Sometimes I feel the restriction and sometimes I dont. Before surgery I hated coffee now I crave it lol. I am down 30 pounds feel like it should be more. Haven't been able to exercise like I want because of my back.

I was sleeved on 11/19, spent four days in hospital due to spiking heart rate but have done pretty good since I've been home. I overdid it a few days and was sore the next but nothing overwhelming. I started at 308 and was 284 at my 1 week post op dr appt. My biggest issue was coming home with my drain still in. That caused more discomfort than anything else. It has been out for five days now and I feel pretty great! I am still on full liquid diet until Wednesday when I will be able to start puree and I can't wait. I am so sick of Jello, popsicles, cream Soup and pudding! I can get my Protein shakes down to meet the full 60 grams of Protein that they want but still have trouble getting in 48 oz of liquid some days. I have had three C-sections and my gallbladder removed in May so the surgical end was not nearly as painful as those were. I go back to work on Monday and I am hoping my energy level will increase with getting out!

Surgery date was Nov. 5th (came home 10lbs heavier at 373.4lbs).

Been having trouble with a pulled stitch on the left side but other than that no other problems.

Today I weighed in at 338.6lbs

Lost 34.8lbs (Day 26 Post-Op(

How is it so many of you have haf such a great outcome. Where I am struggling, guess just the luck of the draw.

Please don't feel bad about the rate that you lose weight. I can say for myself that I worked my tail off for each lb that I loss. It took 7 days to get the ten lbs of Fluid off me that I gained during surgery. After that I have hit the pool each day swimming from a mile to two (which takes me 1 1/2hrs to 2hrs 45 minutes to do). I wanted each day off to mean something. I've only had 3 days off out of the 26 post-op from working out and one of them is because the gym was closed Thursday.

The weight will come off, how quickly is up to you.

11-18 sleeve here. One night at surgery center. Hiatal hernia repaired caused horrible pain with every breath. I am 2 weeks out and just coming off roxicet. My incisions rarely hurt and had superglue on outside. Drinking Water at first was horrible and very hard but better by the third day. At the end of puree foods and my face is swansons tortilla Soup flavored broth with refried beans(nofat)' able fed and a little pepperjack cheese. I have 3 1/4 cup meals and 2 Protein Shakes a day. I also like to mix premade sugar free pudding with injury a little milk and creamy pnut butter

Sleeved November 14.

As of the 28th, I'm down a total of 32 pounds - 18 pre-op and 14 post-op.

I have had no issues and a fairly uneventful recovery. I get tired very easily, but that's to be expected. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein and some days don't get in my liquids.

So far, so good!

Surgery was 11/18. Had hiatal hernia, first 2 days were a bit rough getting liquid down, but since then it's been pretty smooth. This past Wednesday I had my 10 day follow-up and I was down 16 lbs.

Surgery was 11/4. Down 45 pounds since surgery, 75 since 10/16. Everything went well.

WOW ur doing great! keep up the good work!

Had my sleeve on nov5th. Doing pretty good. Hard for me to get my fliuds in. The Protein Shakes are horrible. I only eat 3 times a day. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs np. Sometimes I feel the restriction and sometimes I dont. Before surgery I hated coffee now I crave it lol. I am down 30 pounds feel like it should be more. Haven't been able to exercise like I want because of my back.

30 pounds is great! Just take it day by day!

Hi everyone! I am so glad that I found this thread so I don't feel so crazy and alone. I had my surgery on Nov 14th and I had a really rough recovery. I was in the hospital two days and couldn't keep anything down. By the time I left I had jaundice, I had thrown up more times than I could count and I was seriously questioning my decision. Come to find out I had a bent IV for two days and as soon as they removed it and my arm began to drain I quit throwing up and the rash on my face went down and the yellow in my eyes went down. Since I have gotten home things have gotten much better. I do find that my energy is still really low. I almost fainted going to a Vitamin store a few days after I got home after about 5 minutes. Now I can get up and walk around for a while but after about an hour I am ready to pass out. Oh and I am sooooo thirsty all the time. I just want to chug Water, which I know we can't. I am pretty tired of cream anything, and all I want is Water. But I am trying to keep "restarting" mentally and thinking of the huge blessing this surgery will be. Just a rough start.

Also, I have totally stalled in weight loss for the past week or so. I am pretty sure it is because I am not getting in enough calories, but I never thought that I would not lose weight because I wasn't eating enough. LOL!

So I have lost 26 pounds since the surgery and 36 pounds since August. That is a pretty awesome feeling! :) I have my first doctor's appt post surgery tomorrow.

One question I did have though... I feel like my legs have lost so much weight, but my clothes around my stomach feel tighter than when I started. Does anyone else have this feeling like your stomach is swollen or something?

Thanks and hugs and good thoughts for you all!

I do!! I was sleeved the 19th and although I have dropped 27 pounds my stomach seems more swollen then before. I am still sore but then again I stopped taking any pain meds a few days ago as I have to go back to work on Monday so I wanted to have a few days under my belt without so I know what it will feel like. So maybe still swollen inside too.

Hi everyone! I am so glad that I found this thread so I don't feel so crazy and alone. I had my surgery on Nov 14th and I had a really rough recovery. I was in the hospital two days and couldn't keep anything down. By the time I left I had jaundice, I had thrown up more times than I could count and I was seriously questioning my decision. Come to find out I had a bent IV for two days and as soon as they removed it and my arm began to drain I quit throwing up and the rash on my face went down and the yellow in my eyes went down. Since I have gotten home things have gotten much better. I do find that my energy is still really low. I almost fainted going to a Vitamin store a few days after I got home after about 5 minutes. Now I can get up and walk around for a while but after about an hour I am ready to pass out. Oh and I am sooooo thirsty all the time. I just want to chug Water, which I know we can't. I am pretty tired of cream anything, and all I want is Water. But I am trying to keep "restarting" mentally and thinking of the huge blessing this surgery will be. Just a rough start.

Also, I have totally stalled in weight loss for the past week or so. I am pretty sure it is because I am not getting in enough calories, but I never thought that I would not lose weight because I wasn't eating enough. LOL!

So I have lost 26 pounds since the surgery and 36 pounds since August. That is a pretty awesome feeling! :) I have my first doctor's appt post surgery tomorrow.

One question I did have though... I feel like my legs have lost so much weight, but my clothes around my stomach feel tighter than when I started. Does anyone else have this feeling like your stomach is swollen or something?

Thanks and hugs and good thoughts for you all!

Wow that's long time on pain meds i got off them before leaving Hospital sleeved 19th too on my way to work tonight energy abound. but guess we are all different. i can't stand the dreams and always needing to sleep. My 5 herina Operations before were much more painful. I used tylenol at home.

I had my surgery 11 days ago on the 20th of November and I still can see a bit of swelling in my upper stomach area. The pants are falling off of me, my lower stomach is shrinking, but the upper part by my ribs is still puffy... I think its just the last bit of gas that needs to escape. Lol.