Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone asked about Protein on fast days. I personally don't worry too much about it but I do drink a Protein Drink every day so right there I have 30 grams of protein. I like to fast until around 3 in the afternoon and then I have my protein drink that includes spinach and flax seed that I mix in. This is about 250 calories and my stomach is usually very tight by this time so it takes a while to drink the protein drink. This keeps me filled up. I usually have a greek yogurt or some string cheese a few hours later.

Thanks everyone! For the information - I'm going to track this week to see what I'm eating and get a gauge of my regular daily calories and go from there.

Bump for TheNewSusie

I think I'm going to start my days on Mondays and Thursday. Will anybody like to share any tips for fast days besides eating lean and clean? What do most of u eat? Can I drink iced coffee on fast days? Something I drink each morning.

I drin

I think I'm going to start my days on Mondays and Thursday. Will anybody like to share any tips for fast days besides eating lean and clean? What do most of u eat? Can I drink iced coffee on fast days? Something I drink each morning.

I drink a Protein iced coffee or Protein Thai iced tea every fast day... its all I have until dinner.... Susie, how far out are you?

I drink Water and green tea in the morning/afternoon.A lot of water! I usually fast until around 3. You don't have to do it that way, I prefer to eat my calories in the afternoon/evenings.

I have a Protein Drink around 3 and that includes spinach and ground flax seed.

I will have some string cheese or some greek yogurt a couple of hours later.

Today is a fast day for me and I am craving green Beans so I will have some in a little while.

Sometimes I much on something called Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix that I buy from Trader Joe's.

I also save calories for some skinny pop before I go to bed.

I usually come in at 500-550 calories for the day.

Most of us try to stick right around 500 calories on fast days.

I also fast on Monday and Thursday. I had to change that up for Thanksgiving and I will do the same the week of Christmas.

Edited by sarsar

One thing to consider is WHEN you are going to concentrate your calories. For example, they encourage eating all of your calories in an 8 hour or less period and have longer "fast" time for better results. For example, many of us eat earlier the night before a fast day and then delay until around noon or so to start consuming anything which gives a window of approximately 16-18 hours. When I first started 5:2, I did eat earlier but since have altered it and usually don't have anything til around noon such as babybel cheese or EAS 100 cal Protein shake and concentrate the bulk for dinner and a snack finishing early around 7 or so.

Like today, I had babybel cheese around 11:30 or so. Had another one at 5pm and then Lean cuisine 270 calories so I am around 370 right now and will have a snack and Done! I do drink all day long, crystal light and Water. And yes, there is about 5 -10 calories per glass you should count but I don't now. :). I'm one pound from where I want to ultimately "bounce" from. 140.

I will also say, you will need to be sure you really continue to eat clean on non fast days even though higher cal. My TOP calorie days are still only between 1200-1300. That's what I can eat and not gain.

Good luck! You should do well if you make up your mind that it can be a lifestyle and truly becomes that!!!

I drin I drink a Protein iced coffee or Protein Thai iced tea every fast day... its all I have until dinner.... Susie, how far out are you?

I'm 18 months out. I think this is what I need to get these last few 12-15 pounds off.
It will be good for maintenance as well. Did you watch the BBC show? The program is for longevity, not weight loss, so its is actually good to follow wether you need to lose or not.

Edited by feedyoureye

It will be good for maintenance as well. Did you watch the BBC show? The program is for longevity, not weight loss, so its is actually good to follow wether you need to lose or not.

I haven't seen the bbc show. Is it on you tube?

I haven't seen the bbc show. Is it on you tube?

this site has a popup, but its the only site I can find the BBC special on... its worth a watch, about 55 minutes...

http://leangainsguide.com/diet/igf-1-and-fasting/

Great thread....I am going to try it also, love the fact that you get some restriction back. Nice! Will report in with my progress after Christmas.

Thanks Georgia for leading me to this.