Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gotta add my experience... I was in a stall for nearly two years; no matter what I ate, how I moved or any diet I could not shift a pound. Disheartened and fed up didn't come close to how I felt. I wasn't at goal and I really felt that my eight loss journey had ended.

The Georgia told us about the 5:2 and how it was working for her. I decided to try it, well, I hay tried everything else!

That was June... I have broken that stall and lost 10lb. Now, that might seem slow to some reading this, but for me it was amazing. I am now 3lb away from my surgeon's goal and when that day comes I will think about going for my personal goal, which will be an extra 14lb or so extra.

This, albeit slow, has worked for me... And even though I don't lose on a weekly basis, I am seeing results in measurements.

Sorry for the long post

Gotta add my experience... I was in a stall for nearly two years; no matter what I ate, how I moved or any diet I could not shift a pound. Disheartened and fed up didn't come close to how I felt. I wasn't at goal and I really felt that my eight loss journey had ended. The Georgia told us about the 5:2 and how it was working for her. I decided to try it, well, I hay tried everything else! That was June... I have broken that stall and lost 10lb. Now, that might seem slow to some reading this, but for me it was amazing. I am now 3lb away from my surgeon's goal and when that day comes I will think about going for my personal goal, which will be an extra 14lb or so extra. This, albeit slow, has worked for me... And even though I don't lose on a weekly basis, I am seeing results in measurements. Sorry for the long post

AMAZEBALLS! Bloody wicked. Crikeys! That's all the slang I've got! Proud of you!!

yes Georgia, it is amazeballs and it's all down to you that I am chuffed to beans...! x

OK, I'm in....will start the 5:2 diet today......I need to lose 6#. I have broke my rule of not getting over 140 lbs......I am two years out and have been at goal for one year until the last couple of weeks. (My goal is 138) I weigh 144 as of today and as we all know, a couple of lbs here, a couple of lbs there and it starts to add up. I will NOT go back to that again.....with the holidays coming up, this will be a challenge. And I have to admit, it has been pretty easy up until now. I have not had to be that disciplined. But I hurt my back so I am not exercising and starting to nibble as I make meals.....my two problem areas.....

Glad to be back here; I always felt I was trying to inspire others with my weight loss, but the truth is, this forum really helped me stay on track.

I'll report in on my progress. Thanks for all the support!

Give it a try Queen many articles on the topic. I have lost inches and gained control. Keep in touch tell us how its going.

OK, I'm in....will start the 5:2 diet today......I need to lose 6#. I have broke my rule of not getting over 140 lbs......I am two years out and have been at goal for one year until the last couple of weeks. (My goal is 138) I weigh 144 as of today and as we all know, a couple of lbs here, a couple of lbs there and it starts to add up. I will NOT go back to that again.....with the holidays coming up, this will be a challenge. And I have to admit, it has been pretty easy up until now. I have not had to be that disciplined. But I hurt my back so I am not exercising and starting to nibble as I make meals.....my two problem areas..... Glad to be back here; I always felt I was trying to inspire others with my weight loss, but the truth is, this forum really helped me stay on track. I'll report in on my progress. Thanks for all the support!

Go for it! It definitely helps build disciplined eating and cleaner habits!,, we all will add our " two cents" along the way! :)

As others have said, one of the best things about 5:2 is the restriction I feel the day following a fast day. It also doesn't feel like a diet and I don't call it a diet, it is a way of life. This isn't a plan that will make the weight fall right off. You have to keep at it and stick to your plan on feast days for this to work.

I have lost 14 pounds since I started working the 5:2 plan. I can't remember when I started it, I think it was July or August. The first couple of weeks the fast days are hard, I felt hungry but after that it's like your body looks forward to fast days. Again, fast days are not really fasting but cutting calories.

Post if you have any questions and we will be glad to answer them for you if we can!

I'm going to try it. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with it!

I'm in too. Did a "fast day" yesterday. That went well. Had 900 calories today. Gonna take this one day at a time

Keep in mind that the "5:2 ladies" do not recommend this program to people early out... We want you to follow your Drs plan. This is a plan for those at the end of their journey, who can't get the last few pounds off, have had a regain or having trouble staying at goal... Talk to your Doc or Nut about it first! It is also not recommended for those with uncontrolled Diabetes...It is not a fast weight loss diet, it is a longevity protocol that can also help with weight loss.

Very interested in this. Wondering if it would help with the stall I am in currently and have been stuck in for a while.

Compass, for the people who have made a complete dedication to 5:2, they have broken their stalls. but again, this is an old-timer's veterans method, stay with your Dr's recommendations if you are in or around your first year.

I tried my first fast day yesterday, and I kept my intake to 627 calories, which was a bit higher than I was aiming for initially.

I was mainly concerned with still reaching my 70 grams of Protein, but I realize now that you might not make Protein goals on fast days.

I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast, a Protein Bar for lunch and 3 ounces of beef Jerky for dinner plus a couple of other things. My protein was 72 grams for the day.

Does anyone else reach their protein goal on fast days? Or do you focus more on staying around 500 calories?

Also, I picked a day that I work (teach four university classes). How do you choose your fast days? Do you fast if it is an exercise day? A heavy work day? I initially picked that day because I'd be busy and less likely to be around food. I'm just curious about others pick their fast days.