Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried my first fast day yesterday, and I kept my intake to 627 calories, which was a bit higher than I was aiming for initially. I was mainly concerned with still reaching my 70 grams of Protein, but I realize now that you might not make protein goals on fast days. I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast, a Protein Bar for lunch and 3 ounces of beef Jerky for dinner plus a couple of other things. My protein was 72 grams for the day. Does anyone else reach their protein goal on fast days? Or do you focus more on staying around 500 calories? Also, I picked a day that I work (teach four university classes). How do you choose your fast days? Do you fast if it is an exercise day? A heavy work day? I initially picked that day because I'd be busy and less likely to be around food. I'm just curious about others pick their fast days.

Hi kinda.

On my fast days I eat real food.

Low calorie high protein..

A shake and a bar would not hold me over!

I mainly eat chicken on a bed of lettuce and veggies and Greek yogurt..

I try to hit 60 grams of protein..

My days are Tuesday and Thursday.

No big reason why but I stick to those days..

And exercise? The first couple of fast days I didn't exercise just because I thought I felt weak.

But I have no problem now..

I'm a little confused on the concept -

Is it 5 feast days and 2 fast days or reverse?

Also, what are some examples of what you eat on fast days?
I am over a year out and can't seem to get these last 30-40 lbs off, so am really looking into this ...

5:2 recommends hitting 50 gms Protein on fast days. 500cals for women (I went on one of the sites, and they figured 550 for me... guess because Im tall.) They stress Protein and lots of veggies. Keep it simple. They recommend lots of Soups, stir fries and such...

Here is the original large 5:2 forum in Britain- http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/

what is it? http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/5-2_diet.php

...also, keep in mind the ladies who have been doing the protocol here watch what they eat on "feast" days... keeping it pretty low.... like 1200-1500 a day depending on exercise and such.... not whatever they want like "normal" folks. We follow the basic eating plan for the sleeve, Protein first, don't drink Water with meals.... you know the rules.

I am also doing the 5:2 diet and it has helped me maintain even though I have messed up a few times...It keeps the extra off and when the scale goes up, I will do a fast day. I found that I have better restriction after my fast days too. It also helps with keeping my sugar intake at a real low since I try and focus on mostly proteins....I highly recommend this for people that are further out, past a year too..... ;P

5:2 recommends hitting 50 gms Protein on fast days. 500cals for women (I went on one of the sites, and they figured 550 for me... guess because Im tall.) They stress Protein and lots of veggies. Keep it simple. They recommend lots of Soups, stir fries and such...

Here is the original large 5:2 forum in Britain- http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/

what is it? http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/5-2_diet.php

Thank you! This is really helpful!

I choose my fast days based on my exercise regimen; I am doing the Insanity 60 day challenge and the planking challenge, I fast on the two days a week that I do not do Insanity. I still get all my Protein (60+) on fast days. Usually a Protein shake and a complicated salad and some high Fiber drink supplements.

My fast days are Monday right after the weekend and Thursday just before my weekend. I tend to eat out on the weekend and maybe eat less clean than during the week still staying in the right calorie range. I too find it easier to fast when I am working and busy. But night time is always hard. Not eating after diner 4 out of 7 nights is teaching me control

Monday was my first fast day. Today is my second fast day and I am hungry. What do I do I'm at 450 cal for the day. What can I eat that will be satisfying and less than 50 cal? Maybe some tuna?

Monday was my first fast day. Today is my second fast day and I am hungry. What do I do I'm at 450 cal for the day. What can I eat that will be satisfying and less than 50 cal? Maybe some tuna?

tuna in a cucumber boat super low cal

Sure or if just something small, a mini babybel cheese has 50. NSA fudge bar 40 :). One extra lean turkey frank 50, sliced veggies and spreadable laughing cow cheese wedge only about 35-45.

Thank you guys. That was very helpful!

When I don't have a lot of calories left but know I want/need to eat, I stuff myself full of salad greens for the low low price of 20 calories, homemade vinaigrette is another 45 calories.

Tink22 I am late to the party but next time try a cup of hot green tea. May fill u long enough to squash the desire to eat and adds to liquid goal