Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids Post Op 5 Days

I don't think it's a problem unless there is redness and or swelling in the area! When is your follow up doctor appt? You should have your surgeon take a look at it!

Not til December 4th. Its cold and the one thing I want is hot chocolate. I use Water when I make it, is that considered clear or full liquid.< /p>

It would definitely be considered full liquid! hot chocolate sounds good!

I usually had one every time during the cold weather, I want some now.

liquid diet is so hard... post op first couple of weeks is really tough but it gets better hour by hour. If you want hot chocolate try heating a cup of Water and adding your chocolate Protein Powder. Tastes just like instant hot chocolate. Hang in there. It does get better.

You can also order BariWise hot chocolate. It's Protein hot chocolate and if you make it with Water it is okay for the liquids phase. Full for sure, and possibly even clear if it's rated as a protein "shake" type of thing by your doctor.

Yes I've tried the Protein hot chocolate from bariatric pantry.com! It is really good! I think it has like 15g of protein!

I sleeved on 11/20/2013. All I can put down is sugar free popcicles. Can anyone tell me if, this sudden tightness in my chest every other hour is from gas or complications?

I also had my surgery on the 19th. My hospital and Dr both prescribed nausea medication given pre-op and every day I was in the hospital, given with my pain meds. I did have difficulty with my heart rate spiking and my blood sugar was high. They also gave me blood thinners and insolin while I was in the hospital as needed. I ended up being there four days and game home with my drain still in. Although it has been pain full I haven been doing pretty well. I can only sleep for 3-4 hours at a time as I am sleeping on my reclining couch ( I am afraid I will hit my drain line and pull it out or something) and I wake up as soon as pain meds wear off. I am trying to wean myself off of them. The pharmacy did not have the liquid Pepcid the dr. prescribed so I am waiting on that but I have not had intolerable pain, although my pain threshold is very high. I do feel more motivated to walk as it does make the gas better and also try to do some of the light housework. I am finding it harder to not want to eat at times. I still can not get down all of the liquid down, 48 oz with 60 grams of Protein are my goal. Right now I am at 20 oz of liquid, which is my two Protein Shakes, which I split now into 4 (4 oz at a time, 15 grams of protein each). I have to sip very slowly, just enough to wet my mouth and stop, it takes a good 30-45 minutes to get down. Since I am supposed to eat every two hours that only leaves another hour until I have to eat again. That's not happening so I try to continually sip on Crystal light, v-8, Gatorade Zero, or Water. Haven't tried juice yet because that all seems so sweet its overpowering. I have found vanilla fat free yogurt and strained fat free cream of mushroom Soup to be good meals. Please hang in there it gets better each day. Don't lose hope or get depressed! This is a new start and your body needs some time to heal. Although there is pain, nausea, & gas... this is life changing! You can do it!

Wow edpsych78! That's a lot of liquids and protein! I'm on the same meds as you..protonix, levsin, and zofran! I still can't get in that much! I also get lots of gas when I drink anything! Each day will get better though! I feel really hungry and that's pretty hard to deal with:(

Yes, jncvt123, each day is different. Today I'm having a lot of cramping so I've had to cut back on the oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, etc. and focus on the Protein and liquids. The gas has been horrible today, too. Gas-x strips and lots of walking are helping. Last night watching TV with my family I was feeling hungry but realized it wasn't physical hunger...head hunger instead. That's a new thing for me so I'll be working on that for a while I'm sure. Hang in there -we've got this!!!!!

Each day feeling a little stronger! Gas pains have been difficult for me as well! I'm down 20 lbs since pre op diet so that is very positive! This recovery is a slow process and we need to be patient:)

I have been sipping on Water non stop. I am really trying to keep myself hydrated. I was told that the first week or so post op it is most important to try and get down Protein and Water and avoid eating if you feel you can't do it. Does that sound right to you guys? I was sleeved on 11/20/13 and am still dealing with the gas pains... any early post op advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi, Adamfishaa,

I was told the same thing. I remember the nutritionist saying Protein intake will help you from losing your hair. liquid in general will help you from getting dehydrated.

By the way, I too sleeved on November 20th 2013.

I've been doing gatorade and Water mixed to stay hydrated! I break up my meals into 3 hour intervals so I'm not grazing all day! I have been drinking premiere Protein Shakes (30g protein)from costco one ounce every 10 minutes! Going down ok..today I had a little bit of sugar free pudding and it went down fine..gas pains still bad and I'm 5 days post op!

how about the 25 calorie diet swiss miss?

It would definitely be considered full liquid! hot chocolate sounds good!

I still have gas pain in my shoulder and I was sleeved on Nov 19th. I finally had a BM this morning. I never thought that was going to happen.

That's funny calicakes I pooped today for the first time too!!!! Yay for poop!!!