Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids Post Op 5 Days

I must say the best Fluid that is going down for me is decaffeinated hot tea. It has been the only thing I can drink that makes me feel normal.

Hi, calicakes and jencvt123. I had surgery the same day as both of you. I came home from the hospital Thursday. Luckily, I've been doing pretty well I think. I'm able to get down a little over 50 ounces of Water, 30 ounces of Protein shakes, about 1/4 cup of creamed Soup, 5-6 small bites of Greek yogurt, and 5-6 small bites of applesauce each day. I think that's due to the fact that my doctor sent me home with really good medicines for cramping and nausea. I've been having quite a bit of pain, but that's getting better each day. Wishing you both the best for your journeys!

I keep reading everyone having so much problem with drinking Water. I had surgery on monday and I really haven't had any problems getting in Water at all except the 1st day. The 2nd day of surgery I could barely take a sip without getting nauseous. I've been drinking a lot of propel zero water and crystal light and getting my 60 oz a day with no prob. I don't get Protein shakes til next week. That will be a welcome change

yes, im extremely weak and tired. I haven't been doing any walking, other than back and forth from the kitchen to the bedroom. It makes me burp. After I take 1 sip of Water, I have to burp. I wonder if I am drinking too much too fast.

Hi calicakes..i had surgery same day as you! I haven't been able to get in as much fluids as you! I have to try though because I'm so scared of dehydration:( are u feeling weak?? I'm feeling so weak and tired..i want to start liquid Vitamins but I'm afraid of nausea:( have u started Vitamins yet??

I found some Simply Balanced Water at Target. Its flavored, but has no artificial sweeteners except stevia( which I don't think its artificial). They taste really good and I like drinking them.

I have been walking everyday but it takes a lot out of me because of so little nutrition! I'm trying to increase my fluids and tonight I tried liquid vitamins and Calcium for the first time and I actually got down 1tsp of each with no problems. .i actually feel less weak after the vitamins! I have to gradually increase Vitamins to 2 tbsp daily but baby steps!I think it's hard to get in all the fluids because of my fear of being nauseous! !!

I imagine that each day I will be able to take in more fluids. .i still feel hungry:( hopefully next week at my surgeon appt he will give me the ok for yogurt or cottage cheese!!!

Hi, calicakes and jencvt123. I had surgery the same day as both of you. I came home from the hospital Thursday. Luckily, I've been doing pretty well I think. I'm able to get down a little over 50 ounces of Water, 30 ounces of Protein Shakes, about 1/4 cup of creamed Soup, 5-6 small bites of Greek yogurt, and 5-6 small bites of applesauce each day. I think that's due to the fact that my doctor sent me home with really good medicines for cramping and nausea. I've been having quite a bit of pain, but that's getting better each day. Wishing you both the best for your journeys!

Wow edpsych78! That's a lot of liquids and protein! I'm on the same meds as you..protonix, levsin, and zofran! I still can't get in that much! I also get lots of gas when I drink anything! Each day will get better though! I feel really hungry and that's pretty hard to deal with:(

I was sleeved on Nov. 18. It has been a process. I couldn't even take in ice chips the second day after surgery. I was able to come home on Wednesday and have been drinking an ounce of Isopure every 15 min. I haven't had much Water because I've focused on the Protein. But I do get propel zero and like it better than plain water. Today I introduced a half cup of chicken broth. That was a good change. But still taking Gas X strips to help with the gas. I can't get full liquids until next week.

I know what you all mean on feeling weak. Today I wanted to get out of the house so I went with my husband grocery 15mins there felt like I just ran a 5k. I had no energy to walk upstairs to bed when we got home. Felt very faint. Also I am worried one of my incisions looks weird. Anyone else knowbif this is normal?

post-184809-0-71211900-1385261523_thumb.png

[ATTACH]37625[/ATTACH]

Gelica, your incision actually looks ok..i don't see any redness or swelling around the incision! Does it hurt at all? This liquid diet is sooooo hard..i actually feel hungry:( I know it will get better each day! This is most definitely a process that takes time!!! Still have lots of gas too which is very painful at times:(

Gelica, your incision actually looks ok..i don't see any redness or swelling around the incision! Does it hurt at all? This liquid diet is sooooo hard..i actually feel hungry:( I know it will get better each day! This is most definitely a process that takes time!!! Still have lots of gas too which is very painful at times:(

Only hurts when I cough and when I bend my fatty tummy to get up. Guess my roll fold is there.

I don't think it's a problem unless there is redness and or swelling in the area! When is your follow up doctor appt? You should have your surgeon take a look at it!

I am 19 days post op had survey on 11/5/13 and I still can't get in 64 oz of Water per day