Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

TM...you're one of us no matter what you choose!:D Keep us posted on how it all works for you with RNY. I have two friends that had that procedure and they have both done beautifully with it.

Thinner Me -- wow a big decision to switch procedures but as Sarah said, you have to do what is right for you and we will keep a praying along with you until you get through this. Maybe at one of the future get togethers you can tell us how things are going and more about why you changed but whatever is comfortable for you is good for us.

Now, let's hope the insurance paperwork stuff gets all done.

It was great talking to you also, TM. I was so glad we started talking. You are such a sweetheart. You looked so cute, the other day. I am really glad you have a great support system. Call them tomorrow starting at 8am. I have bunches of clothes, any takers?? I have Jeans from 18-22, Shirts from 26/28-30/32. I need some smaller jeans. and a couple smaller tops. So, I need the space. plus my hubbers is not happy with them still being here. lol. I have only lost 1lb since 4-29. But, I think I have lost some inches. I am hoping to make it on the 14th. So, I am excited about that. Have a super day kids!!!!

I saw Dr. Choban today. I was hoping for a surgical date ... no such luck today. The final sleep Apnea re-evaluation appointment is Thursday and we have to wait for her to recieve his final OK. Bummer.

She said once she has the letter we will set the date. I know it is just a matter of days to weeks; but still .... you know!

I saw a couple ladies in the waiting room and thought to myself, "I wonder if they post on this site" of course I couldn't or didn't say anything. But it was a warm feeling know that all of you have sat in those chairs, walked those halls, stood on those scales, and nervously awaited your surgical date along with me.

I appreciate all of your insight and prior knowledge; it really has praved the road. Thank you, Lyn:thumbup:

lynlynkr- if you do need a cpap machine, Dr. Choban wants you to be on it for 6 weeks before you get your surgery.

Well, I am 4.5 hours from getting my band. I will check in on Friday. If it was up to me I would bring my laptop to the hospital but I don't think that my husband will let me.

NDWife - gosh can't believe how fast your surgery date has arrived. I will pray this a.m. before I leave for work for a great surgery and fast recovery.

Lyn--hang in there = your turn is a coming!

ndwife~you are in my prayers for a fast recovery!

K~ I wanted RNY from the start, but my surgeon from Barix refused to do it because I had a history of cancer. I prayed about it before my consult with Dr. Miller. He said he didn't see any problems with me having either surgery, that it was up to me. So..... thats how I come to "switch procedures" mid-stream. I know this is the right move for me.

Lyn~ good luck!

ND--Yah for you! Today is the day!!!

TM--I know that what ever you decision you make is the right one for you! I am just excited to hear all about your journey!

Lyn--I know this part of the the road feel all up hill...hang in there...the end is in sight!!!

I go tomorrow for my next fill. I am a little worried that I have not lost much weight from my last fill, and they might be upset with me. Heck, I guess I am a little upset with myself. I am looking at this next fill, and the liquid/muchies that follow, to jump start the scale moving again!

ND: Yeah!!! hope all goes well

Weirdest thing today I got up and weighed myself thinking Oh please let me at least be the same and not up because i haven't been eating the greatest. Got on the scale and was down 3 lbs!! just when i start to get discouraged or beating myself up I have a drop. Wearing just an XL scrub top tonight at work no more 2x and 3x!!! good Luck Nikki on the fill this one will really help at least it did for me.

Sarah--XL scrub top, WOW! I am still in 2x, but I hope that is going to change soon! You are doing really well, you should be proud! I keep thinking that everything is relative...your eating might not be perfect, but compared to where it was 4 months ago, it is a huge step in the right direction!!!

My fll is at 10:45. I have to work tonight, and still be on liquids...that is always fun. I think I am going to stop by Wally World and get some slim fast. I am keeping my fingers crossed with this fill. I just need a little help getting through dinner. I do REALLY well until then, but my dinner is WAY to big. I Dont eat after dinner, but I still eat more cals during dinner that I should. I will keep everyone updated!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack! Had another great/quick visit with Dr Choban. She is the most amazing doctor I have been around (and I have seen a ton). She was pleased with my 6 lbs wt loss. I, on the other hand, was a little embarassed. I told her about my dinner problems, and she was supportive. Suggested finishing my Protein first (before I eat 2 rolls, ya, I was completely honest) and get up and walk before I make the decision to eat them. She was glad to hear that I attended the emotional support group and said that the band fixes the hungry feeling, but the head hunger is something the support group will help with. All in all, nothing I have not heard before, just good to hear again. She gave me two more cc's. I was pleased with that. oh, and she is going on vacation (how dare she???lol) so my next fill is not until July 27th. Yikes, that seems so far away, but I am ok with it....atleast today I am...we will see what July brings!

Lynda, I found you... Before you know it your date will be here. Sorry I didn't see you today at all.

Niki - so how many total cc's are you at with today's +2 cc's on 2nd fill?

Also for all - I had a really weird food type experience at work today - they have hot meat and vegetable Entrees that I can get for lunch most days and today it was a lean pork tenderloin and steamed carrots I chose. Started eating the pork and it was fairly dry - didn't have any gravy on it so I was eating it slow and by the time I got through that, didn't have room for the carrots. So here is the funny part,,,, I got up really fast and was walking real fast to grab something off the printer to rush off to my next meeting and all of a sudden, it felt like my food was starting to rise up! It didn't and I went back to my desk and sat down and was fine but I guess I need to be aware that if you just ate, you should take it slow for a few minutes to let your food settle. I used to eat on the run all the time, wolf down my lunch or work through lunch and now I am trying to eat slower to get through lunch.

This little mini-event today reminded me of my dear sister who had a little baby boy who had abnormal gag reflex from being a little bit premature and she would slowly feed him, burp, and dress him to get ready to go to the daycare, get herself dressed for work, gently pick him up to put him in the care seat and yeppp... productive burp all over him and her...back in the house to start again with clothes change for him, for her, back to the car... she used to get so stressed out. So, no more burping from running around for me.

So lesson for today, take it slow to eat and slow to relax for a few minutes after eating.

Just wanted to say "HI" and thanks for all the well wishes. All went well. I did not even take pain meds in the hospital. I did last night because I was so uncomfortable. I have just been drinking my liquids today and hanging out on the couch.