Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi Columbus lapbanders. I'm a week out now from BR surgery and doing great. Back to work Monday May 3.

There is a Mt. Carmel Bariatric Fashion Show at Tuttle Crossing Mall on May 1 at 2pm. I'm planning to attend to support our Mt. Carmel bandster Cindy who will be in the show.

The Mt. Carmel Bariatric Fashion Show at Tuttle Mall yesterday was inspirational ...again! Two lapband patients were in it with Cindy losing 140 and the guy in the show losing I think like 150 lbs -- it is so good for the public to be seeing how successful lapband patients can be, including lapband success for those with more than 100 lbs to lose.

P.S. Just want to say congrats to the RNY folks too!

Hi there to the Mt. Carmel folks. I learned the hard way by going to the 1st Monday support group meeting time to find that the Nutrition Support Group and the Bariatric Support Group have swapped times/dates due to Missy being in the surgery department as a surgical nurse on the Mondays now. So if you want to go to the support group that Melissa Webb leads for us post op patients, it is the 2nd Tuesday.

There will NOT be a May Support Group next week (would have been on May 11) due to the May Support event was last Saturday's Bariatric Fashion Show - which again was fun.

So, see you 2nd Tuesday in June at the Mt. Carmel Auditorium which is in the basement (same floor as the cafeteria).

Hey folks it's been awhile! I had a band revision surgery on the 5th so I am in liquid hell again. had a slip not resolved by unfilling. Feeling good not as sore since the port didn't have to be fixed. Looking forward to getting back on the "band" wagon. Have lost 8 of the 13 I put back on since I was de flated. Still down 92 lbs so I can't complain!!

SK - interesting that you had posted the revision. Hope all goes well from here on out. I know Dr. Choban took good care of ya!

Okay I've been stuck at the same weight for too long. Lost .2 lbs this week which I should be grateful for because I did some major Mothers Day weekend food splurges on my Mom's potato salad and her baked Beans. I don't even want to think about the Mayonnaise and brown sugar calories in those two.

I just stopped by to say hi to my fellow Shrinking Shamrocks and all the other bandsters here.

Special K...it looks like you're still doing great. I see you have also had issues with heart burn. I had to have an unfill right before Thanksgiving last year due to HB and by the time I got a little fill again after Christmas I had gained 12 lbs! I have lost most of that again but I still have a problem of knowing when to stop eating!:thumbup: Well ...no matter what...I am so glad I have my band. I may never be skinny but I feel so much better and

I can live with a size 16.:)

Hi Sue! It is great to hear from you on here. I wonder if Greg that got banded same day as us is doing well too. Hope so. I really only had the heartburn for a short time before I got a .5 unfill that immediately resolved it. I later got a .25 fill back in and have stayed at that level for a long time.

I'm in the 16/18 range but have a long way to go for my weight - can't picture what size I will be but I am going to see how the body goes and it will let me know. I had a breast reduction surgery April 22 of this year to help me get going on my exercise a bit more. I want to lose another 40 lbs from where I am now before I try for a Tummy Tuck to get rid of my awful tummy skin and flab. Anyway, I am so with you on I could live this way for a long time and never ever want to go back to where I was.

I just stopped by to say hi to my fellow Shrinking Shamrocks and all the other bandsters here.

Special K...it looks like you're still doing great. I see you have also had issues with heart burn. I had to have an unfill right before Thanksgiving last year due to HB and by the time I got a little fill again after Christmas I had gained 12 lbs! I have lost most of that again but I still have a problem of knowing when to stop eating!:thumbup: Well ...no matter what...I am so glad I have my band. I may never be skinny but I feel so much better and

I can live with a size 16.:)

Hi! I hit my -140 lbs mark yesterday -- so happy. Went to a great thrift shop and bought some new short sleeve tops to match my new smaller top and I am so shocked to have choices among so many things now that I am a smaller size. Bought some Size Medium and size 12/14 things, some L but I am pretty sure my XL or 1X days are finally behind!

Now, if I can just get down to that next lower size in jeans! One day at a time!

I heading into the Mt Carmel West office to see Dr. Miller for a fill next Tuesday. I keep thinking I could get it under control on my own but I'm just stuck at the same number. I definitely am hoping to get more Portion Control back and to keep that saity for longer. Will let you know. It has been so long since I had a fill I can't remember when the last was.

:cursing:Hello All~

Been a while since I posted... Feeling like a failure...It has been about a year since my lapband was placed. I have only lot around 50 pounds...When I went for my first fill(under flouroscopy?) Dr. Choban said she gave me 7cc,which I was suprised since it was my first fill. I kept waiting,and waiting to feel the full feeling, and restriction,but wasn't sure what it was supposed to feel like. Then, six weeks later supposedly got another cc. The next six weeks, I told her I wasnt feeling anything different so she pulled what was in my band out-was one cc-apparently she missed the first time with the 7ccs. So, I felt I was behind by months! The next time we went to flouroscopy to fill. I now have 8ccs. That was the first time I felt restriction. I was so happy,but quickly learned what the discomfort of sticking felt like! It is so weird! One day I can eat something without a problem,then the next time it will get stuck. It definately makes you slooooow down! I am just so disgusted with me right now! I am in a funk,and trying desperatley to get out of it! Seems like when my excercising is on track,my eating is bad,and visa versa. I finally made it to one support group meeting at Mt. Carmel,then Melissa had an emergency and had to leave. Then, it seemed like most of the people were bypass patients... It is so hard to get to the hospital for the meetings that time of day! I live in Pataskala and traffic is horrid that time of day,but I know I need support! I haven't lost,havent gained,but am so frustrated I don't know what to do! Any suggestions would be helpful! I have come to one conclusion-I am a sugar addict! If I eat a bite of it, I want MORE!!!! So, if anyone has ideas,suggestions,a gun(kidding),please help me out! Glad you're doing soooo great K!!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm in Arizona with my sister who sorry to say lost her election to be the county's constable but she came in a very respectable 2nd place and beat the other 2 men candidates handily. She's hurting alot emotionally and I am being her support just as she has been mine over the years. I feel so blessed to have my sisters and brothers since I am single.

Sillypuddy -- I am at the Pataskala area lots of times and I'd be willing to set up something off line to meet you occasionally for support. I will send you a Private Message with contact info. I will be back in OH after Aug 31.

My last fill adjustment of .4 cc to take me up to a total of 10.4 cc has fluctuated on definitely giving me more restriction at times but then I still find myself getting hungry and wanting more food if I do stop and limit my initial portion. I have my next follow up on Sept 7 Tuesday and will see what he says/does. Maybe a tiny fill will help. I have had a little acid reflux but I have to tell you I think its more due to stress than lapband and eating and hoping if I get back on a job and working schedule, that it will be fine. Nothing really to complain about.

I am planning to go to the next Mt Carmel Support Group meeting. It is a commitment to drive there and back but I do feel positive energy from the get together with those who understand what I am going through as I keep trying on this weight loss journey.

September 14 at 6:00 pm. at Mt Carmel West - Auditorium which is in the basement off from the cafeteria.

Are there any Mt. Carmel folks out there on this board anymore? I keep bouncing up and down at the same 3 lbs or so and I have plenty of restriction. Need to get moving more.

Loving my new job so at least that stress factor is gone since I am an emotional eater -- always was -- and lapband helps but doesn't eliminate those temptations to soothe emotions with foods that go down easy.

How are the Mt Carmel lapband folks doing out there? I've had a slow period but lost a couple pounds here recently. I just keep working at it every day and encourage all of you to do the same.