Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi folks.

I told Dr. Miller I definitely thought I needed a fill because my portions were growing larger and my hunger was coming back sooner since my last unfill adjustment. He asked me a good question that kind of made me stop and think and I thought I'd share it here:

Are you eating until you are not hungry or are you eating a measured portion of food? I had to say I was eating until full and he said to go back to putting a measured portion on my plate, eat 3 meals a day, 2 Snacks in the daytime and to try not to eat a night snack unless I felt I really needed it.

Trying this approach now and hoping this helps me mentally.

Like packing my lunch today and I ate all I had and was looking for something else in there and it was empty! No going to the snacks machine at work. lol

Dr. Miller put back in .25cc of the fill amount he had taken out 6 weeks ago and I'm doing fine with no reflux. On day 2 now and eating more foods and trying to see where my restriction level is. I don't know if I will get back up to where I was or if this fill level will be the sweet spot. Wish me luck, I still have a long way to go, maybe 100 lbs according to what he suggested. Yikes, I thought it was closer to 60 lbs left to go!

K

Went to the seminar last night.. Really like Dr. Choban.

filled out & sent in my package now have to wait for there exceptance letter.:seeya:

I will probally go with Dr. Miller only b/c I can do my check ups @ Mt carmel East which is a lot closer for me.

Anybody have any Info on him they would like to share with me?:unsure:

Dr. Miller is a super doctor. I see him for all my follow up care and would highly recommend him. Dr. Price did my surgery but then asks either Dr. Choban or Dr. Miller to do follow ups due to his other duties at Mt. Carmel as a teaching staff doctor and trauma surgeon as well as all the other patients he has.

Went to the seminar last night.. Really like Dr. Choban.

filled out & sent in my package now have to wait for there exceptance letter.:seeya:

I will probally go with Dr. Miller only b/c I can do my check ups @ Mt carmel East which is a lot closer for me.

Anybody have any Info on him they would like to share with me?:unsure:

Here is the link to the next informal get together of the various Columbus lapband program friends. Will be the 1st Saturday in November where we otherwise have met on a 2nd Saturday. I hope to see some of the Mt. Carmel folks come. I'd be glad to share my experience and or answer questions for those at whatever stage you are at.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f56/central-ohio-lapband-get-together-november-7-2009-a-104279/#post1349065

K 1 more ? Sorry.. In the Seminar last night she said something about keeping a record of what u eat & there is web site that can help you track what yu eat..was just wondering if some one could tell me any of them.

Floridainohio good luck on your surgery Today :wink2:

HI everyone. I got my first fill last week-7.5 cc... Honestly, I am not really feeling any restriction... I am excercising 4-5 times a week,and measuring my foods,but am not dropping any weight... I see where people have lost hundreds of pounds with their lap bands, and I wonder if it is going to happen for me....Just pretty bummed right now... Glad to hear everyone else is doing well. Any suggestions????

Joyce:sad:

Hi Sillypuddy

it will take time the weight will come off in time keep doing what you are doing write down what u are eating, drink alot of Water that will help and make sure you get your Proteins in for the day. I will be Praying for you on your road to good health. don't worry it will happen for you.

Roz:thumbup:

Hi & congratulations on your start. I got banded on 10/26/2009 by Dr. Miller. Initially, he didn't show much personality or bedside manner. But, that seems to have gotten a little better. I'm sure the more I work w/ him and see him, it will continue to improve.

NOW, as a doctor - I would say that he is good. He seems to concentrate on what he is doing and appears to be very knowledgable about his field. I'm glad I chose him!

I am almost a week out from my surgery and feel great. I was not put on any restriction for driving, so I was in the car on Wednesday. I was feeling good enough to actually go back to work, but why would I do that? LOL

Definitely so far - so good. My worst complaints were the nauseau feeling out of surgery and the current itching of my incisions.

GOOD LUCK!!

Well I got my exceptance letter today. unfortunally I have to wait @ least 2 weeks to have the full $ 300.00. This is going to b my Anniversary/Christmas gift to my self:thumbup:.

Cant wait to get started.

Good luck Floridainohio!:Yawn:

Floridainohio --Congratulations on your surgery! Glad to hear you are doing well. I think I would agree with you that the more I see Dr. Miller the more personable I think he becomes, has a good mind and very good doctor. I'd rather have his style than an arrogant type doctor any day. I don't feel he rushes when he is with me and that is good too.

Sillypuddy - yes, as LadyRoz said, it will keep getting tighter and then suddenly you will find your sweet spot. I'd say that 7.5 cc is getting close so hang in there. I have 10 cc in my 14 cc band. Keep measuring your food, diary what you eat, etc. More info you can provide the doctors about eating, exercising and hunger the more they will adjust your band to the right spot.

Kidmeister -- great Christmas/gift to yourself to save up and pay your $300 program costs fee. I know I kept working it to find the money for co-pays, etc. but it was all so worth it.

I am finally seeing some progress from my last fill of .25 cc -- very tiny upward adjustment. I am finding I am not too hungry earlier in the day and then I loosen up as the day goes.

Yesterday had a sliming episode and I had not had one in probably over a year so I thought I would maybe post here for the newbies who are posting now. Sliming is where the saliva builds up in your upper pouch in a reaction to something you have eaten that is filling up your stomach and the saliva that is generated is adding to the already full sensation you have from what you ate. For me, the pressure in my upper stomach became so strong that I excused myself and went to the bathroom and let the excess out (barfed as they say).

Mostly the saliva and a little bit of well chewed food particles and I thought okay, I'll feel better now.

Nope, about 15 more minutes later I am sitting at the table in the restaurant and still very uncomfortable again, excused myself again, more productive burping up.

Again, thinking I am okay, driving down the road maybe 20 more minutes later and suddenly had the urge to let it out, couldn't stop and just had to use a wad of Kleenex to spit up the saliva. After that, was finally fine.

Okay, you newbies are probably wondering, what the heck did you eat? Well, some coffee while waiting, maybe 1/2 cup. Then 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, then I started picking at a small chicken thigh and leg. I was picking off small pieces. I had a couple bites of mashed potatoes. That is it. Then the pressure began.

Other days, I can eat much more than this. I guess it was just that I hadn't eaten earlier in the day before I tried to eat chicken or maybe on that day, the cottage cheese alone was enough to fill me up but normally cottage cheese should go down pretty easy due to it being soft and I do chew it also.

So, chew, chew, chew to all you newbies. Eat slow. and this 18 month post op bandster better keep to the rules too.

SpecialK thank you for your story.. That is why I like this thread.. You get to hear the good the bad & the evil. I found another forum but everything was all good & I know it isnt always going to be all good! Thanks agian.

Kid

SpecialK -- Thank you so much for sharing this type of information with us. This is something that I have definately not read about in any of the research material I gathered.

I also never heard that there would initially be hunger pains. As a matter of fact, many of the books say that you will not have them. This was NOT head hunger -- I was being jarred awake w/ hunger pains. The morning after my surgery, Breakfast was yogurt, tea, skim milk and juice. :scared2: When the resident came in to check on me, I told him that I was hungry and he allowed me to have some oatmeal. I was satisified with only 3 to 4 spoonfuls.

This hunger continued for about three days.....I was wanting a sandwich. LOL