Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

We posted a note on the Local Get Together thread for this Saturday that says check there at 1pm and post if you are coming if you think the snow situation is safe enough for you. That way we won't strand someone at the mall food Court with no bandster friends! Hopefully today is the worst of it and with good snow crews for roads by Saturday at noon, it will be okay.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day for my first week since the new year. I am so hoping I have lost something!

I made myself stay off the scale all week.

Well this has been an emotional week since January started. I had to announce to my project team last Thursday at 11am that I was being pulled off my project as the project manager and that I wasn't at liberty to discuss the full reasons behind it for now with them but that it was best for me. I received so many reassurances via different people that the jerk I have been working with, who has chewed me up and spit me out many many times in the last year, has not "Won", to hold my head up high and go on to something better, that I deserved better. This is good to hear but even after a week that has passed, each day of transition Friday, Monday, and Tuesday was stressful moment by moment, accepting internally I'm handing off my "baby" to a pair of folks who will hopefully do well but who have no clue how hard this has been. At least I am only leaving them with the last 25% of the project, I successfully delivered into production the system setup and changes for the other 75% before I realized I just couldn't keep going with the abuse I was taking from this one manager who thought he could control me. NOT!!! The more I resisted, the more intense the controlling behavior got. Yesterday "the jerk" had me totally pulled off the project at 8am without any further transitioning of my duties to the other 2 people. I felt this gaping hole in my purpose at work because my boss didn't have another project lined up to give me. Got to be kind of weird as the day went by, packing personal belongings and moving from the project team area on 14 back to the 15th floor which is my normal home base but I haven't sat there in probably 8 months or so. So, fighting the flu a bit and felt I deserved a sick day today, ha ha! Getting some rest and time to post and check the internet on the company's dime from home.

I truly believe this kind of stress is what put a stop to my weight loss since last August. I was trying to eat right, trying to exercise, but was just stuck on a plateau at about -122 lbs and I need to lose 200 total lbs so I knew in my mind and heart I am not done, not to goal, but couldn't get the scale to give me any lovin!

Last Friday, after 1 week of very dedicated band eating, a week of good exercise, I lost 1 lb! Got to -123 lbs! I am promising myself to only weigh once a week so tomorrow is my next weigh in. So hoping once again to see some progress.

I am using www.mydailyplate.com now and I really do love it for tracking my net calories from what I ate and what exercise I did. If I hit a plateau, I think this is very good info I can take to Mt. Carmel's bariatric nutrition lady (Andrea and/or Missy) and get some help what to change.

I hope to hear how the new year is going for others. I am hopeful this will be a better year but I am celebrating the -42 lbs I did lose last year given the stress I went through.

God Bless to all!

Edited by SpecialK

Come on Mt. Carmel bandsters! It has been a little lonely being the only one from our group in the Saturday get togethers and I'd love to see those of you who I've met in the past and meet any new Mt. Carmel bandsters too. Here is the link to the next Feb 13 get together.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f56/central-ohio-get-together-february-13-2010-a-108380/

Kathy,

I just read you post about your work troubles, and want you to know that I am thinking about you! I will keep you in my prayers! Also, I will do a better job of getting to the meetings...I promise! I sure miss you guys, and it would be a good reminder about the journey we have all been on!

NurseNiki -- so wonderful to see your Ticker at Goal and Below!! Congratulations girl!

I'm still working on my weight loss journey day by day. My goal is to lose 1 lb a week for 2010 and so far I'm doing okay at that with -2.9 lbs in January so far.

My new project at work is so much better, gives me a hopeful outlook to get up each morning instead of dreading work. I believe the work situation I was in was holding me back on losing weight last year so that is a real bummer but things are better.

Hi Special K, I'm glad to here your work situation is turning around. Work stress can be a killer to eating well! Keep up the good work on the weight loss!

My paperwork is now being submitted to BCBS, so keep your fingers crossed for approval. The insurance woman at OSU says she doesn't see why it would get turned down, but I still worry!!

How is everyone out there in Columbus? I recently had a coworker ask me about lapband and she is very interested. She sounds like she is ready to make a decision. She checked out Barix and RNY a few years back but decided that didn't feel right for her.

Hope you are all having a great 2010.

P.S. Passed my 130 lb lost milestone this week. Also approved for a breast reduction surgery on April 22 so maybe I'll be at -140 before I know it too!

I'm so stuck I have never been stuck before my weight will not move for a month I'm still at the same weight I don't know what to do I never been here before. How do I jump start my weight loss. I have heart burn all the time and the last time I told the doctor she unfilled me to much and I gained 12lbs I still trying to loose those pounds I want to loose 25lbs I will be at goal but it seem to be the hardest 25lbs to loose. the heartburn is bad my doctor removed .5cc out in Jan. it was ok for a little while and now it is back. I scared I'm going to gain more weight and fear makes me eat I eat the wrong things when I'm stressed. I'm upset with myself right now I have gained 2lbs this month it could be Water but I have been eating the wrong things like ice cream it helps the heartburn or the girl scort Cookies thin mints only one box I'm trying to get over letting myself down. Please pray for me that I stay on tract. Thanks for listening:cursing:

Congrats on the 130! Thanks for your glowing recommendation. I will be in the show on May 1, 2010. Hopefully, I will see your face in the audience for support!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life. I got a load of topsoil delivered yesterday and began shoveling it to get it moved to where I need it. I lasted a good solid 2 hours of very physically intense work -- never could have done that 2 years ago without major pain afterward in my hips and knees. I have decided to work at it gradually so I don't injure myself like I did 5 years ago - I hurt my shoulder shoveling topsoil when I moved into a new house and tried to get flower beds and things established from scratch.

Interestingly enough, my weight has been fluctuating up for the past week or so and I'm not sure why. Gotta get back to careful food tracking on mydailyplate.

Hi K and all banders

I'm so glad it is spring time two years ago I would have tried to hide away now I can't wait to go out side I think I look good and I feel good in my clothes besides that come from a size 30 to a 14-16 is not bad if I must say so myself lol.

K glad you are feeling better the spring has a way of doing that to people.

I would like for the banders' of Columbus or anyone who wants to come to walk in the MS walk on April 17, 2010 at 7:30am it will be at the Columbus Zoo It is a 1.5 mile walk through the Zoo cost is 25.00 for any one over 10 years old and 10.00 for 10 and under My oldest daughter has MS and finally she is going to be able to get the band she will be band hopefully before the walk Dr.Choban is going to do her band. She goes in Monday to see the Dr. and get her band date pray for her she needs the band to help her deal with MS if she gets the weight off.

Hope the Columbus bander can come a walk

Thanks for all your help K when I was down:thumbup:

I am up for a good cause of helping MS disease research so I'll be up and out at the Zoo walking in the a.m.! Hope others get out too.

Hi K and all banders

I'm so glad it is spring time two years ago I would have tried to hide away now I can't wait to go out side I think I look good and I feel good in my clothes besides that come from a size 30 to a 14-16 is not bad if I must say so myself lol.

K glad you are feeling better the spring has a way of doing that to people.

I would like for the banders' of Columbus or anyone who wants to come to walk in the MS walk on April 17, 2010 at 7:30am it will be at the Columbus Zoo It is a 1.5 mile walk through the Zoo cost is 25.00 for any one over 10 years old and 10.00 for 10 and under My oldest daughter has MS and finally she is going to be able to get the band she will be band hopefully before the walk Dr.Choban is going to do her band. She goes in Monday to see the Dr. and get her band date pray for her she needs the band to help her deal with MS if she gets the weight off.

Hope the Columbus bander can come a walk

Thanks for all your help K when I was down:thumbup:

Home from my Breast Reduction surgery yesterday. They removed about 1000 grams which is about 2.5 lbs so it will be fun to update my weight ticker in a few days. Anyway, pain is very manageable for now with pills. I have my sister from Arizona here taking good care of me so the TLC I feel from here helps as much as the pain meds.

P.S. Had a great Non-Scale Victory yesterday - they gave me an ordinary normal size gown to wear at the hospital - no super size gown anymore!

Congrats Special K!!

I'm glad you are doing well. It will be great to see you at some point at our monthly lap-band get-togethers. How are you feeling today?

I got banded on 4/12! So far, I am feeling great and really excited to have had the surgery despite the pain and hoops to jump through. Thanks for all of your support.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Home from my Breast Reduction surgery yesterday. They removed about 1000 grams which is about 2.5 lbs so it will be fun to update my weight ticker in a few days. Anyway, pain is very manageable for now with pills. I have my sister from Arizona here taking good care of me so the TLC I feel from here helps as much as the pain meds.

P.S. Had a great Non-Scale Victory yesterday - they gave me an ordinary normal size gown to wear at the hospital - no super size gown anymore!