Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Well my husband seen how bad I wanted to get this done :thumbup: & let me go ahead & send my $300. & paper work in yesterday so now just sit & wait for the phone call for my 1st Appointment! I am getting so excited :thumbup:

Kidmeister - congrats. That sounds like a really understanding husband for recognizing how important this is to you. Keep on truckin!

Thanks every one.. This waiting stuff is hard. I keep telling myself its just a matter of time before they call & I can really get the ball rolling!

Kid,

Congratulations!! The waiting was a little difficult for me at first, but then I realized that it really wasn't that bad. I went to the seminar in June 2009 and was banded on October 26, 2009. The longest part for me was the sleep study and having to get hooked up w/ the CPAP. My doctor wouldn't approve the surgery until I was on it for 30 days.

Don't get discouraged when the office moves slow. I think that she does the best she can w/ all the paperwork and people she is dealing with.

Again, congratulations!!!

Just wondering How you are doing so far Floridainohio?

May I ask how long did it take from the time they called you (after you sent your fee in) to your actual first appointment?

I checked my checking today & they are taking out my 300.00 fee so It is just a matter of time before I get my phone call.:thumbup:

Hi everyone~

I am gonna try to make it to the saturday meeting at polaris-could use a good shot in the arm so to speak.... I have lost almost 20 pounds since getting banded September 9th,but I still don't really feel a restriction even though they gave me a 7.5 cc fill... I can eat way too much,and haven't had any trouble with anything I have eaten getting stuck,etc. I don't get another fill until December 8th... I have discovered-unfortunately, that I can still eat chocolate-bad!!!!! So, I am NOT bringing it into my house again! I did have york peppermint patties because they are dark chocolate, and low in fat,but still full of sugar! grrrr! I can hardly wait to get another fill. I do get hungry,but I agree,the head hunger is the worst! Still excercising like a mad woman-makes me feel good when I am done. I have a lot more energy,and my back isn't hurting as much as before surgery. As you are told prior to surgery,this is a tool-not a cure all,and it is most definately slow....On the upside,the scale is going down instead of up! Keep up the good work everyone,and hope to see you all at polaris on Saturday!

Joyce

Just wondering How you are doing so far Floridainohio?

May I ask how long did it take from the time they called you (after you sent your fee in) to your actual first appointment?

I checked my checking today & they are taking out my 300.00 fee so It is just a matter of time before I get my phone call.:smile2:

Hi Kid,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

I attended the May 17, 2009 informational at Mt. Carmel. I didn't fill out the paperwork right away - - I would say that I didn't put it in the mail for about two weeks after the session.

My first appointment w/ Dr. Miller was on June 23, 2009. I believe they cashed my check right away:sneaky: LOL!!!

Feel free to quiz me about my experience -- it was sooo easy!! I was totally shocked about how I had no pain or anything.

Anyone have any problems w/ these steri-strips covering the incisions? I've had one fall off (actually, I helped it), but the others are holding tight.

Everything I read say they should fall off on their own 7 to 10 days after surgery. I am now 2 weeks out!! WTH??? I go see Dr. Miller for the first time post surgery on Thursday.

Also, any suggestions for food on my next stage. I start pureed foods today. :smile2: I plan on mashed potato and grilled chicken for dinner tonight (pureed, of course) and I will take the idea of Wendy's chili; however, my ideas end there. I don't have my post nutrition class until next week. I am sooooooo excited.:)

THANKS!!

It is no problem if the steri-strips come off on their own, that is okay and they will do that. They just don't want you pulling them off early if they are itching! My fell off one by one in the shower as time went on.

I think from the time I sent my $300 check in until I got a letter or call to schedule my initial consult it was maybe 1-2 weeks, not very long.

I'm So Excited .. :) I got My Phone Call today… I go meet with Dr. Marcus Miller On the 24th of this month..:smile2:

Can some one tell me a little what to expect in this meeting:confused:? They say its about 2 to 2.5 hours long.

Congrats Kidmeister! I didn't remember my initial consult two years ago taking 2-2.5 hrs. There is initial paperwork to fill out, and they did a basic exam, they examined my belly area where they would do the surgery, and they explained lapband versus RNY to me and wanted to be sure I knew the difference in the surgeries. What expectations I had about losing with lapband, etc. I will tell you they might try to give you a strong encouragement to switch to gastric bypass RNY as being more quicker weight loss and higher weight loss than lapband but the studies are proving out that lapband patients at 2-3 years out are as successful as RNY on weight loss from what I have read if we are compliant with our diet, exercise, see the surgeon for fill follow ups, etc. If you are firm you want lapband, then he will probably be good with that. They might send you to the hospital part for your nutritionist consultation as part of that 2 hours or maybe even seeing Melissa Webb the bariatric coordinator, not sure how they could fill up 2 hrs. I can tell you there were a couple times I sat in the waiting room for an hour or more waiting to be seen if they get running behind. Take a book or something to keep you occupied.

Just wondering how all the new lap banded people are doing?

Edited by kidmiester73

hey kid

My daughter is going to have the banding maybe in Dec they told her they still had openings she goes in Weds night for her class for post op. Hope the both of you get a date before the new year that would be a great start for the new year. I still need a walking partner I'm not far from the hospital:thumbup:

Good Luck let us know when you get your date.