Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Good luck to your daughter.. I will pm u soon & mayb set up a time to meet & go walking

So this time tomorrow I will be @ my appointment. Have to admit I am excited :biggrin: but @ the same time a Little nervous.:biggrin:.

Good luck kidmeister. I have to tell you I am in Arizona visiting with my family who had not seen me since I lost 120 lbs and they are clearly thrilled and happy for me.

The downside is we used to eat and splurge alot on the holidays and I relate to visits here with treating myself with food. Gotta watch it.

I did get out and do a long 1hour plus walk this a.m. for exercise.

Keep working it every day!

K

Today I had a with Meeting Dr. Miller. really liked him.

Now in the process of Step 2 of this Journey... Doesn't look I can move forward till after Jan. Good thing is I only need to do 3 things: Psychological Clearance, sleep Study & of course Bariatric Nutritional Education. I went with one of there Dr's (Dr. Michael Saribalas) who does both Psych & Sleep study @ the same Appointment. Unfortunately I cant get him into Him till Jan. 8 Th :ohmy:

My Insurance doesn't require any supervised diets.

I still need to decide which band I am going to use.

Edited by kidmiester73

k sense my last post I decided to call around & suck up the long drive & I now how a appointment for my psych. evual. Monday :thumbup:

Wow Kidmeister - you are flying through all the hoops it took me months to get through. I'm envious but I would also tell you to remember as I am living it now, this is a long term process to keep going one day at a time. This week I went for a hour long walk on Monday, walked/jogged for 45 min on a treadmill on Tuesday, was lazy Wednesday - played tourist here in Arizona, and today took another 45 minute walk before we go out to our family Thanksgiving feast. Trying to remember to think Portion Control.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had to attend two different meals,but didn't do too bad. I have only had one fill since surgery in September,so I feel I am able to eat too much. I ate a few things that were terribly sinful,gained two pounds that week,but lost them plus one the next week. I am NOT going to beat myself up over it because it was a holiday. Most importantly when I have a bad eating day, I get right back to it the next day! This week I am on vacation in Florida-ocean front which is beautiful!! The Water is pretty cold which is a bit disappointing because I love to swim,and it would be great excercise... I am a member at curves fitness,and got a travel pass,so I will be going there in the morning. When I get back to Columbus next week, I see Dr. Choban for a fill-yeah!!! I have been fortunate so far in that nothing has ever got stuck in my band,and I haven't experienced any sliming, or anything. That is ultimately why I chose the realize-have read,and talked to several people,and all say the same thing-no sticking, or sliming. I definately can't eat as much as I used to,and don't get hungry as fast,but I know my portions should be a bit smaller. When the doctor tells you the band is a tool,and not a cure all they are absolutely telling you the truth-it is what you make it!! If you're looking to loose the weight without any effort-probably best to go with the bypass surgery,and NOT the band. I am happy with the choice I made. Gives me a feeling of satisfaction when I see the numbers on the scale decreasing after I have been working out really hard! I feel great,and even though I have only lost 26 pounds,my energy level is so much better already!! Have a great day everyone-more later from the beaches in florida!!!:confused:

Sillypuddy it sounds like you are doing great to me. 26 lbs and you have energy and feel better, what more could you ask for! Keep up the good work. I couldn't figure out why Thanksgiving dinner was so easy to cook this year. Then my family reminded me I didn't weigh near as much as last year and my feet no longer hurt. I kept thinking I was forgetting something because dinner was coming together to easy and I wasn't sweating while slaving over the stove. Have a great time in Florida!

Went to my psych. Evaluation not to bad. That will take her 2 weeks to get back to Charlene. One good thing was she was able to give me phone # to a sleep apnea doctor in Newark & called them & they just got a cancelation for tomorrow So I get to go tomorrow And do my sleep apnea consult appointment & hopefully schedule my test soon. So the only thing left is my nutrition class but that will have to wait till after Christmas because they want $ 200.00 up front & I want to get Christmas out of the way. So I am getting things done a lot quicker than I thought .

Edited by kidmiester73

Hi Sarah -- way to go with hitting the big 100 -- keep working it and it will be a permanent thing. I keep hoping to see 130 lbs -- been forever in the 120s lost and know I need to keep going. Trying to be careful of portions. I have restriction -- got some beef stew and carrots for lunch today and only ate a few pieces of the meat and 1-2 of the mini-carrots before I was so full I slimed for the first time in forever. I thought I ate slow and chewed but it got me.

I have to say I am so envious of the Biggest Loser contestants who are able to go on that show and have daily nutrition and exercise motivation - even if it is extreme - I feel like I need someone to kick my butt in gear -- but I just keep trying every day. Being here is so much better than where I started and I never want to go back. I did reflect back that last Christmas I was at -80 lbs and so in 2009 I've basically lost 40 lbs so maybe if I keep patient and lose 40 more in 2010, and keep a moving, I will get to the end. Three years probably for me to get to goal in total and that is hard when you hit the mid-stride section of that journey.

HI everybody!

Got back from vacation last saturday,and am trying to get back into the routine with work,life,etc. I still went to curves on vacation,but did eat a few things I probably shouldn't have,gained a pound but lost it plus one same week I got back,so not bad... I went to Choban today for my second fill. She seemed to think I lost the appropriate amount of weight even though I feel I should be losing more...I only got 3/4 cc-hope it is enough to make a diiference. The hardest part for me is trying to eat dinner without having something to drink-maybe that is why I still can eat too much,or get hungry faster. I am going to try really hard not to drink with meals,and see if it makes a bigger difference....I am also thinking about signing up for Water arobics at the Y-new session will be starting soon...I love the water!!! I had looked forward to swimming a lot on vacation,but the heater in the pool wasn't working,and it was a little too cool this time in florida. Bummer!!!! All my shorts, and capris are saggy now; think it's safe to pack them all away? In the past I always kept them,and sure enough,would end up back in them.... I don't want to ever wear them again! Surely by next spring they will be falling off-right??? All my scrubs are huge! About to get the scrubs I packed away a few years ago down from the closet. Hopefully it won't be long....

I can hardly wait to be 100 pounds down!! OMG! You girls are doing great!!!! I mean even if you lose a pound a week,that's 52 pounds a year! The weight didn't get there overnight,so it's going to take some time,unfortunately... It would be great if we could put our jobs,family,etc on hold for a few months,and go through the training,and nutrition classes like on biggest loser! 55% body weight gone in less than a year! They must feel awesome!!! Hey K, I know you have one of the body bug thingys-does it help you? Do you think it's worth it? Was thinking about getting one... Well, I must go pack my food for work tomorrow-keep up the good work everyone!!!! More later!:eek:

Hi Sillypuddy - yes I had a Bodybugg and I thought it was helping me. I did have a mechanical failure of my first one when it was about 4 months old and I had to spend about 2 hours on the phone with a Mexico-based call center which was very frustrating and then they agreed it needed replaced and it took about 6 weeks or more to get the second one, by that time, I had lost a bit of interest in it but continued using it. Recently my frazzled brain has misplaced the darn thing and I've been looking to see what the heck I did or if I took it off and left it somewhere. I was thinking if I don't find it soon, I will cancel the month subscription I have to pay to keep it up. So, yes, it was fun for a long time but I kind of lost interest. If I could get a used one, I'd consider it again but for now, I think I will switch over to use a free food tracking place like dailyplate or fitday for my food logging as I got out of that habit and need to keep that up.

Maybe my interest in the Bodybugg was impacted by my hitting a weight loss stall period too so don't just go off my ramblings, do what you think is good for you.

I had promised myself to be faithful exercising over the holidays and I've already found that very hard to keep up with given I'm busy but I'm maintaining and not gaining in the Thanksgiving to Christmas time so far and I'll be happy with that. In the past, I could easily pack on a few pounds with all the goodies.

I was thinking about being discouraged at being at -122 lbs for now but then I remembered back that my Christmas 2008 pictures were at -80 lbs so I have lost 42 lbs in 2009 and that's nothing to be ashamed of. As you said with the 1 lb a week type goal, if I could lose 40 more in 2010 with just slow gradual loss, I'd be happy at Christmas 2010 to be sitting at -160 lbs! So that will be my 2010 goal. Slow but steady wins the race. The sprint that I did to the first 80 lbs seems easy now after a year of work for 40 lbs but every pound has been something I have had to make a conscious decision for each day. Some days I blow it, eat something I shouldn't that is higher in calories, other days, I am a little angel. Its obvious that my cumulative behavior is in the right mindset though or I wouldn't be where I am.

I don't need another fill for sure. There are days when I eat a dense Protein like solid meat and its a small portion I can eat before getting my full signal to stop so I don't need doctor help right now - maybe some mental counseling to keep my head in the game would be more beneficial.

Good Morning Everyone! Today is my 1 year Bandiversary! I don't post a lot but I do read all of your posts. It has been wonderful having a group like this to go through the different changes I have encountered along the way. Last year I had a few family and friends that thought having this done at Christmas was crazy. But all of you said it would be just fine. And I was! And my baked potato smoothie was awesome on Christmas day.

This is just a Thank You to all that post. I am now down 85lbs. I have 52 more to go. It is coming off much slower now. But thanks to Special K's posts I know that is normal and I am on track.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Congrats SWood! that one year anniversary was a special mark for me. Keep hanging in there. I figure I am going to try for losing 40 lbs in 2010 -- 10 lbs a quarter -- and see if I can stay on track with that. (plus keep all I have lost off of course).