Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Swood - congrats on your lapband. Sounds like you are doing great if you are already making a step toward more exercise. What NDWife said sounds about right, start easy, treadmill or something that isn't intense on your abdominals and work up from there.

Hello all haven't been here for awhile. I'm doing great but not as fast losing as most of you. Just getting back on track after my 4 month stagnation. Feeling gret and hoping to hit 80 lbs by my bandiversary on Feb. 20. I do love my band as tempremenatl as she can be!! Love to see all of these success stories congrats Greg on 90lbs! I believe you had yours after me. I'm going to try to stay more involved and get my "groove" back.

Edited by SKoenig

hi, all.

i havent posted in ages. kind of fell off the band wagon.

went to see dr miller today for the first time. didnt like him as much as Choban. he is kind of mean!

i have gained 5 pounds.

i have a 4cc band, it is supposed to be filled to 3.8 but i feel no restriction at all. he only got 2 cc's out of it, so he thinks i may have a leak. he wants me to have my next adjustment using the flouroscopy.

but at least this explains why i have been wanting to eat several horses a day!

has anyone else had a leak?

i dont want to have another surgery. i wonder if i could just go in for more frequent adjustments. it didnt all leak out since september so it must be a small, slow leak.

Hi All

It has been a long time since I have been on line. Things are going will it has been one year since my banding 1/7/08 I have lost 110 lbs so far and had my knees replaced I'm a new preson in 2009. I can walk without pain and i'm down to a dress size 18 from a 30 Ilove my band I'm so happy I had it done. Dr. Choban is the best doctor for the band (smile) I have a 14cc band I have 10cc in I'm hoping to lost 40 more lbs. by june that will be 150 lbs. pray for me I always pray for all of us banders on our way to good health. God Bless All hope to be back soon. LadyRoz.

Today is my first day to post on this site. I was wondering if anyone has seen Dr Price and if so would you recommend him. I had my first appt with him in Nov. and he seemed very nice. I also was wondering if anyone has had problems with Charlene getting clearances faxed to her. I had my psychological clearance done in Nov. and the Doctor has faxed it twice and she says she is not getting it.

Edited by djk24

djk--welcome to the mt carmel, central ohio forum

i dont know dr price.

but problems with poor charlene go back as far as two years ago! i havent been active on this forum for a long time but i would have hoped that they would have gotten her some help by now. I guess not.

the only advice i have is to be aggressive and persistent.

you will have to stay on top of the process the whole way or it will take forever.

it took 6 months just to get all my paperwork thru charlene and into the insurance company and only 10 days for the insurance company to approve.

my point being--the log jam is in her office.

Hi Debby

I haven't been on for a long time also how are things going with you these days fine I hope. Are you still going to the get togethers in columbus? I haven't been able to go to far for me I'm in Zanesville I hope to be able to come in the spring time are you still riding your bike (not now of course) I'm walking trying to get to 8 m so I can walk in the MS walk in april. LadyRoz

Today is my first day to post on this site. I was wondering if anyone has seen Dr Price and if so would you recommend him. I had my first appt with him in Nov. and he seemed very nice. I also was wondering if anyone has had problems with Charlene getting clearances faxed to her. I had my psychological clearance done in Nov. and the Doctor has faxed it twice and she says she is not getting it.

Yes I had Dr. Price and loved him. Dr Miller sees me for my fills and I like him too. Debbie is right that Dr. Miller is pretty firm with me about getting exercise and following up regularly but that works for me.

On the office staff, call and leave a message for the office manager named David. Explain to him that you have Faxed something twice and its not being acknowledged as received. When you call the main office # you get a chance to select the phone book for the office to leave a message and you can put in David and get his voicemail and not Charlene's.

Best wishes.

Hi Debby

I haven't been on for a long time also how are things going with you these days fine I hope. Are you still going to the get togethers in columbus? I haven't been able to go to far for me I'm in Zanesville I hope to be able to come in the spring time are you still riding your bike (not now of course) I'm walking trying to get to 8 m so I can walk in the MS walk in april. LadyRoz

LadyRoz -- so nice to see you posting and checking in with us. You were one of the originals along with DebbieK and others that encouraged me as I went through all the clearances and jumped through all the hoops and now I can hardly believe its been 10 months as of tomorrow since I had my surgery. Great hearing from you.

hi, all.

i havent posted in ages. kind of fell off the band wagon.

went to see dr miller today for the first time. didnt like him as much as Choban. he is kind of mean!

i have gained 5 pounds.

i have a 4cc band, it is supposed to be filled to 3.8 but i feel no restriction at all. he only got 2 cc's out of it, so he thinks i may have a leak. he wants me to have my next adjustment using the flouroscopy.

but at least this explains why i have been wanting to eat several horses a day!

has anyone else had a leak?

i dont want to have another surgery. i wonder if i could just go in for more frequent adjustments. it didnt all leak out since september so it must be a small, slow leak.

Debbie - couple thoughts from the peanut gallery -- Dr. Miller extracts my existing fill level out each time I see him and I say I think I want an adjustment and he can then re-verify that my fill level is what it is. I had a pretty good variance from the first fill under fluroscopy versus what he said was in there when he did my second fill in the office, etc. So, I'd go ahead and let them do my next fill under fluro and they will know if you have a leak. I bet if its a very slow leak, you can just go back and get additional fill unless you want a replacement. I'd try the conservative approach myself too if that was my option.

Dr. Miller is a very nice doctor - but very firm with me every time I see him which is fine with me, something I need to keep me on track. He always questions me pretty well about what I'm eating, what exercise I'm getting, etc. and that is holding me accountable. I'd say give him another try if you can get in to see him much quicker than you can get in to see Dr. Choban but if you like her 'bedside manner' much better, than I'd wait to see her so that you feel good about the experience of continuing to keep following up with your band to be successful.

Hang in there, you inspired me in my early days and now I'll do what I can to return the favor.

Hello all haven't been here for awhile. I'm doing great but not as fast losing as most of you. Just getting back on track after my 4 month stagnation. Feeling gret and hoping to hit 80 lbs by my bandiversary on Feb. 20. I do love my band as tempremenatl as she can be!! Love to see all of these success stories congrats Greg on 90lbs! I believe you had yours after me. I'm going to try to stay more involved and get my "groove" back.

Sarah -- good to hear from you too. Don't sell yourself short lady you are so doing well... I'm stuck at my current weight even though I'm adding more exercise this month (which might be building muscle) and so my month goal to hit 90 by my birthday is pretty much out the window but I'm still working toward it -- for whenever I get there. I know you will get there if you've done this great already.

Be sure to take some motivation pictures and/or measurements and you might be surprised at how well you're doing on NSVs and those sure do count too.

Hi K and Debby

K it is so good to hear from you and to know you are doing well 83lbs is great. I have to appts to see doctor choben if debby wants to use one on 1/22 at 9:45 she can I was seen by her on 1/13 and I was filled to tight I was going back to have her take some out but now I think I will hold out and see how it goes. At the start I couldn't hold Water now I'm eating a little after a week lost 7lbs maybe it was a good thing lol. Dr. Choben also takes all the fill out and then puts it back I have 10cc now down 110lbs so far. I so glad we are still here for eachother the band is a life saver for me I'm on no more meds. and have new knees thank God for the band talk talk to you soon. Debby write to let me know if you need the appt. with Dr Choben

LadyRoz

Thank you for the info. I have been reading the post here for about a month and have found the information helpful. I do sometimes wonder if I will being doing the right thing when I read the ones where people are having trouble with their band.

Hi dkj

When I started I read all of the posts because it helped me to know what to look for and what to look out for. Every day there is something new going on with the band and some times old posts can help don't be scared of some of the stories all do not happen to all and some will never happen because you have gotten a heads up for older bands. Enjoy your band it is a great tool to help you to a better life good luck.

LadyRoz

PS welcome you are on your way to good health

Hi dkj

When I started I read all of the posts because it helped me to know what to look for and what to look out for. Every day there is something new going on with the band and some times old posts can help don't be scared of some of the stories all do not happen to all and some will never happen because you have gotten a heads up for older bands. Enjoy your band it is a great tool to help you to a better life good luck.

LadyRoz

PS welcome you are on your way to good health

Thanks so much.