Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having A Tough Time? Are You?

I am having such a hard time converting my life from what it was! Smoking whenever I want, eat real sugar and caffeine, eat whatever I want! Although I am pre-op I'm training myself from now to start living differently, but I've realized it's harder than I thought and became quite overwhelmed! I'm on Zyban a medication to help me quit smoking and I have been getting these Migraines from hell!!!! I fall asleep and wake up with them it's hard to think!!! I can't take it! I even screamed I don't want this surgery anymore!!!!!! But the truth is I do want it and I need it because of diabetes and sleep apnea. I understand life isn't easy! I want to know has anyone else felt like this???

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Like you, I started making changes in my life before my surgery. Some things, like quitting smoking, were required and some of the changes were just things I thought it would be smart to get used to, like cutting out caffeine & lowering my carb intake. Some people wait until right before the preop diet to do all that stuff & I just thought that would be too much to handle. i used Chantix & a nicotine vape to quit smoking 3 months before my surgery. I took the vape to show my surgeon & he gave it the thumbs up. I only used the vape if my cravings got really bad & those times got farther & farther apart over about a 6 week period.

It's REALLY hard to make so many changes all at once. I didn't have the Migraine issue & that sounds really rough. :( If you have some time before surgery, just try to focus on giving up one thing at a time. Hang in there & good luck to you!

<p>I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Like you, I started making changes in my life before my surgery. Some things, like quitting smoking, were required and some of the changes were just things I thought it would be smart to get used to, like cutting out caffeine & lowering my carb intake. Some people wait until right before the preop diet to do all that stuff & I just thought that would be too much to handle. i used Chantix & a nicotine vape to quit smoking 3 months before my surgery. I took the vape to show my surgeon & he gave it the thumbs up. I only used the vape if my cravings got really bad & those times got farther & farther apart over about a 6 week period. </p> <p> </p> <p>It's REALLY hard to make so many changes all at once. I didn't have the Migraine issue & that sounds really rough. :( If you have some time before surgery, just try to focus on giving up one thing at a time. Hang in there & good luck to you!</p>

Is nicotine vape those e cig things? I was looking into ordering a starter kit but don't know if it would benefit me...

Yes...not the kind you buy at the convenience store, but a refillable, rechargeable one. You buy the nicotine liquid in your preferred strength & fill the vaporizer. There are lots of places to buy them from. A friend of my husband's has a store in Atlanta & he also sells them online: https://www.vaperite.com/. He's great about answering questions, too. I loved the Chaibacco flavor & I would also blend together the Kona Creme and Hazelnut Tobacco.

I quit smoking about a month before surgery. It sucked! I used nicotine lozenges to quit. Luckily my doctor didn't require complete abstinence from nicotine, as some do. I was very unpleasant the first 4 days. VERY unpleasant. I did it because I had to, but I didn't enjoy it. I especially missed smoking the last 3 weeks on my pre op diet where I couldn't eat. I had no idea what to do with myself. It was requested I give up caffeine also, but I never did. That was a big mistake. Post op I had the worst Migraine for about a week. So thats what I would have done differently: weaned off caffeine along with everything else before surgery. So that's my suggestion: take the time to wean off of everything, that way it wont be a complete shock post op. Good luck, the prep was the hardest thing I have ever done. WAY harder than the actual surgery. Good luck!

<p>Yes...not the kind you buy at the convenience store, but a refillable, rechargeable one. You buy the nicotine liquid in your preferred strength & fill the vaporizer. There are lots of places to buy them from. A friend of my husband's has a store in Atlanta & he also sells them online: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.vaperite.com/.%C2%A0'>https://www.vaperite.com/. </a> He's great about answering questions, too. I loved the Chaibacco flavor & I would also blend together the Kona Creme and Hazelnut Tobacco.</p>

Ok I just ordered a kit from e-cig.com ran me $55 but hopefully it works so that won't be a waste I bought it in Newport flavor, I really hope this works I want to feel like I've accomplished something during my pre-op process not only to have surgery but also for a long healthy life without smoking!!! Just to think of all the nice clothes I can buy with the money I save from not buying packs and packs!

<p>I quit smoking about a month before surgery. It sucked! I used nicotine lozenges to quit. Luckily my doctor didn't require complete abstinence from nicotine, as some do. I was very unpleasant the first 4 days. VERY unpleasant. I did it because I had to, but I didn't enjoy it. I especially missed smoking the last 3 weeks on my pre op diet where I couldn't eat. I had no idea what to do with myself. It was requested I give up caffeine also, but I never did. That was a big mistake. Post op I had the worst Migraine for about a week. So thats what I would have done differently: weaned off caffeine along with everything else before surgery. So that's my suggestion: take the time to wean off of everything, that way it wont be a complete shock post op. Good luck, the prep was the hardest thing I have ever done. WAY harder than the actual surgery. Good luck!</p>

Yea my doc won't operate if I smoke so I am really trying hard to stop! I'm also very unpleasant! I have high blood sugar so I stopped eating sugar and been trying Splenda and truvia, I bought Decaf coffee and tried with the sweeteners and they were not pleasant but I guess that's something to get used to. Even before I saw a surgeon my pcp made me start making these changes because of my health conditions so it's everything wrapped into one! No smoke, no sugar, no salt, no fatty or fried or fast food... Which is a good thing to give up just a lil hard when you have a life surrounded by all these things... Guess I'll try and take one step at a time!

Yes...not the kind you buy at the convenience store, but a refillable, rechargeable one. You buy the nicotine liquid in your preferred strength & fill the vaporizer. There are lots of places to buy them from. A friend of my husband's has a store in Atlanta & he also sells them online: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.vaperite.com/.%C2%A0'>https://www.vaperite.com/. </a> He's great about answering questions, too. I loved the Chaibacco flavor & I would also blend together the Kona Creme and Hazelnut Tobacco.

Is this faye beck gleming?

Is this faye beck gleming?

Haha...it's Fleming, but yes Sherri, it's me! :P

Haha...it's Fleming, but yes Sherri, it's me! :P

I love it New pics looking great girl. I'm back working 7/10 he shifts & all messed up exercising/walking but will start walking later in evening.