Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleever Pounds Lost Log

Sharing my first comparison photo. HW 347 SW 327 CW 295

You look great. Keep it coming! How'd you do the photo?

I downloaded an app called photo grid. It's free and easy to use.

Sharing my first comparison photo.

HW 347

SW 327

CW 295

You look great. But I'm not confident enough to post a pic..lol At least not yet. But you definitely inspire me. You can see the difference....it's a big one too.

Posting this pic has inspired me by reading everyone compliments. It took me a while to see the difference but everyone say u can see it off the back. So I'm sure you have some pics like mine since our weight and results have been the same. So post your pic already... :-)

Yeah, I'm not seeing it..but others are making comments about me shrinking. I will post some pics, I just have to work up to it. Not a fan of pics of me.. :-) But you have inspired me...and I'm sure I'll get up the nerve eventually.

Keep up the great work... I haven't gotten on the scale since Saturday...I'm fighting the urge to weigh everyday, but so far I'm winning the battle. It's torture though.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it..but others are making comments about me shrinking. I will post some pics, I just have to work up to it. Not a fan of pics of me.. :-) But you have inspired me...and I'm sure I'll get up the nerve eventually.

Keep up the great work... I haven't gotten on the scale since Saturday...I'm fighting the urge to weigh everyday, but so far I'm winning the battle. It's torture though.

It does get frustrating with getting on the scale and it's not moving. But yet I still get on and weigh myself everyday. I just came off and almost a week stall at 297.

Try pureed egg whites. They are a good transition food. I've graduated to adding onions, baked chicken, grilled steak, baked ham, little bit of peppers etc to my egg whites. I put everything in my magic bullet and let it rip. It purees it so well, when it's done it like liquid. Put it in the pan and then scramble the mixture up..when its done add a TSP of mild salsa and a sprinkle of low fat cheese.. Yummmmmy!

--

Thanks for the tips jerzy girl -- not sure how I will react to the salsa, I hear the acid doesn't sit well with many folks ... Perhaps I'll just try the whites and cheese as a start and see how I feel

So nervous but I have to put my big girl pants on now!!

It does get frustrating with getting on the scale and it's not moving. But yet I still get on and weigh myself everyday. I just came off and almost a week stall at 297.

Hopefully, I won't stall this week, but if I do, it's cool. We've lost a great deal of weight in a short period of time. Plus I'm working out 4 days a week with a trainer. So, my body is changing definitely. I managed to get my Water intake up to 960z a day now and 100g of Protein, trainer said that should help things move along at a steady pace. We shall see come because time will tell.

Hopefully, I won't stall this week, but if I do, it's cool. We've lost a great deal of weight in a short period of time. Plus I'm working out 4 days a week with a trainer. So, my body is changing definitely. I managed to get my Water intake up to 960z a day now and 100g of Protein, trainer said that should help things move along at a steady pace. We shall see come because time will tell.

Holy smokes 96 oz of water and 100g protein. What are u eating/drinking to get all that protein in

Try pureed egg whites. They are a good transition food. I've graduated to adding onions, baked chicken, grilled steak, baked ham, little bit of peppers etc to my egg whites. I put everything in my magic bullet and let it rip. It purees it so well, when it's done it like liquid. Put it in the pan and then scramble the mixture up..when its done add a TSP of mild salsa and a sprinkle of low fat cheese.. Yummmmmy!

--

Thanks for the tips jerzy girl -- not sure how I will react to the salsa, I hear the acid doesn't sit well with many folks ... Perhaps I'll just try the whites and cheese as a start and see how I feel

So nervous but I have to put my big girl pants on now!!

I had no issue with salsa though some do complain about it. I had no issue with cinnamon either, but it back fires on a lot of people. I had hot sauce too with no problem. One day I had hot and sour Soup from the restaurant and it made me run to the bathroom. Thought it might have been the spices but the next time I tried it, I had no problem. Hmm...love the hot and sour soup and NUT said..good idea. I do a half a cup for lunch or dinner with a couple of saltines crackers thrown in...another yummy meal..

You're definitely going to have to transition to some soft/pureed food. So yes lady put them big girl panties on..lol

Holy smokes 96 oz of Water and 100g Protein. What are u eating/drinking to get all that protein in

It's a combination between Liquid Protein (shakes, Isopure drink and regular protein (chicken, beef, beans) or a combination of regular protein from food plus a couple of protein scoops in my yogurt or sf pudding. Sometimes I add liquid protein to my water (I drink 32 oz at the gym or home before work) then I do another two 32oz at work during the day. One bottle of Isopure drink is 40 grams of protein and two scoops of Isopure powder is like 50g of protein, 1 bottle of New Whey protein shot in my water split through out the day is 42g of protein, So, it's been pretty easy to get it in.

My trainer said if you increase your Water and your Protein, you will lose at a steady clip, working out or not, But if you're working out, you need even more protein so you don't go into starvation mode. My Nut said the same thing.

If you are stalled read this thread about increasing water and protein intake and/or the amount of weight loss or scale movement by doing so. Very informative and interesting.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/237658-increased-waterprotein-11pound-this-week/

My trainer said if you increase your Water and your Protein, you will lose at a steady clip, working out or not, But if you're working out, you need even more protein so you don't go into starvation mode. My Nut said the same thing. If you are stalled read this thread about increasing water and protein intake and/or the amount of weight loss or scale movement by doing so. Very informative and interesting. http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/237658-increased-waterprotein-11pound-this-week/

That's good to know thanks

I had no issue with salsa though some do complain about it. I had no issue with cinnamon either, but it back fires on a lot of people. I had hot sauce too with no problem. One day I had hot and sour Soup from the restaurant and it made me run to the bathroom. Thought it might have been the spices but the next time I tried it, I had no problem. Hmm...love the hot and sour soup and NUT said..good idea. I do a half a cup for lunch or dinner with a couple of saltines crackers thrown in...another yummy meal..

You're definitely going to have to transition to some soft/pureed food. So yes lady put them big girl panties on..lol

--

I tried wonton soup liquid on New Year's Day and it sat ok but I could only manage 4 or 5 tablespoons -- it seemed too rich or flavorful even with only liquid ..... It smelled amazing though!!

Never had hot sour soup or egg drop but I hear they are both good

Do you eat the saltine crackers with the liquid?

Don't think my NUT will allow crackers for me at 4 weeks out

I loved spicy food before VSG so hope I have similar tolerance level when I start regular solids

I have no issues with skim milk or cinnamon nutmeg and ginger -- I mix those in with my designer whey powder almost every morning

Almond milk seems to bother me all of a sudden -- I really enjoyed it prior to my VSG

Baby food and FAGE Greek yogurt sit will if I Blend blend blend

I was Sleeved on 12/24
HW 334
SW 310
CW 290 (20 lb loss in 17 days)

My PCP was doing cartwheels he was so happy where my health is going.

High 243

Surgery 228 (December 3)

Current 209

Bye-bye 34 pounds! And I feel great! My energy is finally back to it's full level so I can handle my stressful work, long commute and exercise.